Novus Windshield Repair Port Orchard

GC
Gil C.
Belfair, WA
11/28/2018
The only complaint I have is that it seemed like that the NOVUS people tried to sneak in a "rust fee" of $24. When I asked them to provide me with a photograph of the "alleged" rust, they immediately eliminated the fee. I suggest that if they are a credible business then they need to photo document any and all up charges in the future.
Cheryl S. from Novus Windshield Repair Port Orchard responded on 11/29/2018

In response to this review, we did not try to "sneak" a rust fee in. We warned over the phone there was a potential for rust and if found it would be an additional cost to the customer. The customer then stated he was familiar with the "money grab" in the industry.
Insurance companies will not pay for rust treatments unless an adjuster comes out to inspect it which can take 2-10 days before they would be able to inspect it, during which time the vehicle would stay in our shop without a windshield in it until the inspection could be done. Normally the technician would take photos of any rust encountered, but he did not. The customer had stage 1 minor rust across the top of the pinchweld. As an AGRSS certified shop we are required to treat any rust that is repairable before new glass can be installed. I waived the fee because the technician failed to take photos and because of the previous comment made by the customer. We are a very credible business and are very honest with our customers. This includes quoting for any potential extra fees in advance of work being performed. It also means that we don't turn away jobs when we fear there may be rust.

Daniel C.
03/13/2018
I'm very impressed
Lucy at the front desk is a delight. She's friendly, communicative and on task.
The technician managed to save my Good To Go pass!!!
Cheryl S. from Novus Windshield Repair Port Orchard responded on 03/13/2018

Dan,
  Glad we could help get your windshield replaced for you and that you were happy with everything! :)

Thank you for your business!

KT
K T.
09/30/2017
Port Orchard NOVUS
Beware going to the Port Orchard, WA NOVUS! They had to order my windshield because they did not carry it in stock and I made an 11:30 appointment for that following Saturday. They lost the window that had come in 4 days earlier and then it took them 5 hours to do the work. They never told me how long it would take, nor did they tell me they lost the window and they went and cut into my car without any communication there was a problem to begin with. Why would you cut apart someone's car without having located all the pieces and giving the owner the option of taking their car back and reschedule? They are very unprofessional and non communicative.
Cheryl S. from Novus Windshield Repair Port Orchard responded on 10/02/2017

KT,

I want to start off by apologizing for your experience this last Saturday. As far as not having your windshield in stock, due to lack of storage, among other reasons, there are few windshields we do keep in stock; mainly frequently purchased parts. Your windshield is not common; especially considering you asked for the specialty windshield with the mustang logo in the third visor frit. However, we would have been able to get glass either same, or next day, depending on what time of the day you made your appointment.

I have spoke with the technician that worked that day; he stated it wasn’t a matter of losing the glass, but more of looking right past it in amongst the other glass on the glass rack. There had been a parts check done the previous day, your windshield had been marked as delivered, that is the only reason we would have cut the glass out before hand. I agree he still should have put his own hands on the windshield just to be sure; I can only assume he was trying to be time efficient.

We were under the impression that you have had your windshield replaced here before, therefore knowing how long the process takes. The communication of labor time for the job should have been conveyed, whether we were working with a 1st time customer, or a repeat customer; so I apologize for that as well. The only thing that I am confused about is, you stated it took us 5 hours to do the job; Per our paper work we set the windshield at 1:00 PM 9/30/2017; the windshield, then would have to set for an hour before driving. That would mean the car could have been driven at 2:00 PM, which is 2.5 hours after your stated scheduled appointment at 11:30 AM. Also this review was posted at 12:46PM on 9/30/2017, which is only 1 hour and 16 minutes after your stated scheduled appointment at 11:30AM

However, with all that being said, we would like to make sure that everything is resolved with this issue. Let us know what we can do to help.

Mary M.
Gig Harbor, WA
07/28/2017
Couldn't have been any easier or better. Thanks.

Carlin W.
Vashon, WA
11/17/2016
Finished ahead of schedule. Inside of car work area very clean.

KH
Kenneth D H.
09/15/2016
Kenneth said the service was very good and they were proffesional.

Shirley B.
Bremerton, WA
06/03/2015
The work was done with integrity and professionalism in a timely manner. No problems. The office staff was very courteous, respectful and friendly too. An amazing combination. Thank you everyone.

Christine H.
03/24/2015
Christine said the people at the business got right on it. They had a better price compared to another company and it only took them 20 minutes to repair the glass.

MT
Michael T.
03/11/2015
Michael said he is really happy with the windshield. He also got a windshield from this business for a different vehicle and got a pretty good deal on it, too.

Moira G.
03/11/2015
Moira said she can still see the cracks in the repair as they are not invisible, but they are pretty good.

PS
Penny S.
01/22/2015
Penny said the service was totally great. She had no complaints.

PS
Paul S.
01/16/2015
Paul said he brought the work in, went out to breakfast and it was ready when he got back. He said he did not use an insurance company and will be a return customer.

GS
Gordon S.
01/16/2015
Gordon said the business had the glass ready immediately and the service was completed very quickly. He said that he did not have any contact with the technician who completed the glass work.

BA
Barbara A.
12/09/2014
Efficient and friendly.

SZ
Steven Z.
Belfair, WA
07/23/2014
Your emplyee was very professional and to the point. Thank you.

GB
George B.
06/24/2014
NO problems at all

CG
Carol G.
Vashon, WA
02/27/2014
Good Job done and when promised. This windshield rock chip repair at no cost is a really nice feature of my auto policy. This was just a brand new car for us.

WH
William H.
02/25/2014
I especially think Cheryl was very knowlegable accomadating

Kathleen B.
01/14/2014
The glass repair was excellent - I can barely see it, and it didn't take long. My only issue is the behavior of the women who work in this facility. There were 4 young women there that day. When only one was present, no problem, but when several of them were together in the office, they got a little silly and lost their professional attitude. I think they are doing themselves a disservice with this behavior. They should be proud to work there, doing a great job, and their behavior should reflect that and inspire confidence and respect from their customers. This is the reason for 4 stars, not 5.

Richard W.
Olalla, WA
11/15/2013
the service was fast and efficient, including contacting my insurance company for a personal conversation about the repair and the other details. I will return to the Port Orchard Novus if I have any other glass needs.