DONETA I. M.
GMC Terrain
11/20/2019
Helpful and professional
Regular oil change and checkup revealed issues with front suspension stabilizer bar that was able to be repaired at same visit.

Ron C.
Dimondale, MI
Chevrolet Monte Carlo
11/18/2019 Category: Service
Ron said this business was fair and got the job done right.

Joe H.
11/18/2019 Category: Service
Joe said the business did a good job.

Jerry R.
Dodge Caravan
11/16/2019 Category: Service
Jerry said he was really happy with the business.

FW
FRED W.
Dodge Nitro
11/13/2019
Servicing my Dodge Nitro
Excellent work coupled with a great staff. Very knowledgeable and committed to servicing my vehicle.

JOE S.
11/11/2019
convenient and friendly
Responded to some major concerns in timely manner.

FG
Fred G.
10/28/2019 Category: Service
Fred said the staff was very helpful, fast and did a great job. He added he did not need an appointment.

RP
RON P.
10/06/2019
Slow leak tire repair
Good friendly staff, close to home.

Richard H.
Chrysler Pacifica
08/26/2019 Category: Service
Richard said that everything they do is excellent. They know what is going on and won't take advantage.

PH
Paul H.
Michigan
08/09/2019 Category: Service
Paul said working with one of the employees was a little touchy.

AR
ANN R.
Buick Verano
07/22/2019
informative, reliable, friendly
Friendly, helpful, knowledgeable Owner, Staff, and mechanics. The evaluated my vehicle and advised on the best course of action possible. They explained the why's and how's of what need to be done to get me back on the road. The price of repair was reasonable and I did not feel that anything was done that was not needed. Fair and honest. My lifelong mechanic retired a few years ago and I'm glad I found O' Donnell's Repair West. I relied on my previous mechanic to tell me what need attention now and what could be addressed at a later day, he also provided the approximate cost of any future issues so I could budget if needed. I feel I am getting the same quality service from O'Donnell's and it's such a relief to have a relationship you know you can trust.

07/09/2019
Absolutely awful business
I am unbelievably upset with this business. I was informed at first $200-$300 would be the most I would pay for my breaks maybe $500-$600 in the case that something serious is damaged. I was called and told that the price would be about $800. Then after I said no due to the price I was pressured into going through with it because “I might as well get it done with”. I took my car to a different shop the next day and only spent $150 and my breaks are perfectly fine. Hopefully people will see this review because I’m beyond disappointed.
ROBERT O. from O'Donnell's Repair West Inc responded on 07/22/2019

Z. we're surprised and disappointed to find out your experience didn't meet your expectations. Judging from your response it looks to be a clear communication issue.

You were informed that a brake service (which was not inspected prior to your visit/ ie phone estimate) routinely runs $200-300 per axle. You were also told that if it needed calipers it could increase to the $500-600 range even though it was unlikely based on the description of your problem.

Your description was that it was making noise and vibrating when the pedal was applied. We found the primary source of your problem to be the front pads & rotors. The calipers were OK. The rears had material left on the pads but the rotors were warped. This is why we suggested front and rear brake services.

We did tell you $800 for premium brakes front and rear. You were also given prices of $640 for economy and $720 for mid grade.

You weren't pressured to do any work. What you did was approve the work and called back 20+ minutes later to say you changed your  mind and didn't want to do the work. I asked why the change and you were extremely vague. I discussed options with you about ways to solve the probelm including changing the price if it was the option. This was an effort to not waste our time and to also provide you with a solution that wouldn't incurr any further costs. You declined, choosing to pay a nominal fee and to pull your car out. As a benefit to you, we actually had performed much of the brake service so that it would be simple and easy if you returned.

If you were only charged $150 that's likely due to 2 reasons. One the work we did to allow you to take your car mid service and two just changing the pads in the front. Not changing front pads and rotors or addressing the rear rotors (and or pads).

Hopefully this clears up your confusion and gives you better peace of mind. If you would have called and ask for an explanation I'm certain we could have cleared up any confusion. Good luck with your future repairs. Thanks for the opportunity.

SD
Stephan D.
East Lansing, MI
Buick Lucerne
07/09/2019 Category: Service
Stephan said the service was a little expensive.

TG
TOM G.
Chevrolet Silverado SS
06/29/2019
Got my truck in very quickly. Very trustworthy! Will make everything repaired to owners satisfaction.
I have been using O'donnells as my first choice in auto repair for many years. This time my air conditioning went out on my silverado. They fixed it in 2 days! I will be taking it in as it is not cold enough, which Robert warned me about.

AL
Amanda L.
06/24/2019 Category: Service
Amanda said this business had good service.

TC
THOMAS H. C.
Columbiaville, MI
Chevrolet Cruze
06/23/2019
Tom C.
I am giving a 5 star rating plus 1 if that is possible. Not only am a assured of top rating "FIX IT " and getting it done right, I am assured of their suggestions of what has to be done. Trust is a very difficult reach in the auto industry and repair industry, but O Donnell's has reached it for med. The honesty and trust is there for me and that is why I go to O'Donnells for my car repairs.

Southgate, MI
Mercury Sable
06/20/2019
People
Such nice people.

Chevrolet Cruze
06/12/2019
A satisfied customer
Ray is always straightforward and honest. I trust him and the work his crew does.

Dick M.
05/15/2019 Category: Service
Spoke with Nancy. She said the employees were very gracious about the service. She was very happy and pleased with the good job. The employees always do a good job.

EO
Eric O.
Chevrolet Silverado SS
05/06/2019 Category: Service
Eric said that the place was honest, good, reputable and reasonable.