Piedmont Tire And Auto

Service Date: 09/30/2017
Review Created: 11/17/2017 08:14 PM
Adam G. on 10/19/2017
"Horrible"
Will never use again. Charged me for two services without my consent. Said one should be free yet still charged me. Told me I couldn’t get my car back until I paid. I have a video of the incident for legal litigation should Lonnie feel inclined to not rectify the situation immediately.
Service Date: 10/18/2017
Review Created: 10/19/2017 06:07 PM
David J. on 03/31/2017
Verified badge inactive Verified
"Buy your tires from Sam's Costco BJs "
Had my Mercedes Benz S500 towed to this location on 3/30/17. Explained the issue and asked the service clerk if he had ever heard of "valet" mode and have actually fixed it in the past. He said "Yes" and that since it is almost closing time, they would look at it and call me by mid-morning the next day, 3/31/17. I called them around 10AM on 3/31/17. Was told the technician is looking at it soon and that the service manager will call me with the diagnosis within the hour. Not to be annoying - waited until 1PM to call back since I had not yet heard from them. Was then told by Berry, the service manager, that since it had been raining, the technician could not diagnose the vehicle and that the technician had moved onto another vehicle. I reiterated the commitment made to me the evening prior that I would hear back by mid-morning and to hear that they had not diagnosed my vehicle because it had rained was unacceptable. I asked why they could not move my vehicle into their garage. Well, no explanation other than the battery is dead. They wanted to change the battery and charge me $316. I said the MB roadside technician had ruled out the battery the night before 3/30/17. I had conveyed this to the clerk who I had dropped off my key with on 3/30/17. Ultimately, I had my vehicle towed to a MB service center on 3/31/17 @ 3PM. After wasting 7 hrs (they open at 7AM) and giving them an opportunity to live up to their advertisements via their website etc. The issues were 1) they had lied about calling me by mid-morning as it required two calls from me by 1PM only to hear they had no codes even for diagnosis 2) they wanted to change the battery instead of charging it and hooking up a computer for proper diagnosis 3) makes me question their competence since they couldn't open the trunk or the hood. Yes, this took a "long" time per Berry. I said well you could have called me and I could have opened the trunk and the hood for you. What happened to the ex-Mercedes Benz technician that I was promised last night? So arrogant and so dismissive. Try listening to your customers. Overall, people come to places like this to save money compared to a dealership or for convenience. For me, my car had bricked 1 mile away so it was out of convenience. Please do what you feel is best for you but stay away from this place is my recommendation. Read the other reviews. Have they become too busy to care about the customers and services thereof? Are they truly bad but desperate people just go to them out of convenience? Do they say yes to any issue hoping there is an easy fix? Their hourly rate is ~$100. Is it that much cheaper than a dealer? Did they know how to diagnose my Mercedes Benz? There were no high end vehicles on their lot so maybe that should have been a flag? Are they incredibly busy changing and rotating tires but not really good at true ASE certified troubleshooting? I say this place should be avoided at all cost. There are so many places to choose from.
Service Date: 03/31/2017
Review Created: 03/31/2017 03:13 PM
zippy Q. on 12/30/2014
"Great Service"
Service is great. I go there for oil changes alot, everytime afterward my TPMS sensor is lit up. Other than that the service is great.
Service Date: 09/01/2014
Review Created: 12/30/2014 07:52 AM
Bill M. on 11/06/2014
"Best Service Centrr"
Consistent and outstanding service!!
Vehicle: Toyota Highlander
Service Date: 10/21/2014
Review Created: 11/06/2014 02:34 PM
Wendy L. on 10/23/2014
"First class!"
Great price, customer service, and quality work!
Vehicle: Acura ILX
Service Date: 10/20/2014
Review Created: 10/23/2014 11:17 AM
Matt --Erica D. on 10/21/2014
"Customer Service Fabulous!"
We have been taking our cars to Piedmont for over 5 years since we moved to Haymarket area. This time was just a routine check, inspection and oil change. I had forgotten to ask about tire rotation and called back before pick to ask if it could be done...told no problem! Unfortuntely, I had to pick up car sooner than expected but rescheduled to bring back next day for rotation. Took care if it quickly at no charge.
Vehicle: Honda Civic
Service Date: 10/20/2014
Review Created: 10/21/2014 08:07 PM
Becky P. on 10/13/2014
" Very friendly employees"
When I called for an appointment time I was offered multiple times. I requested 10:00 as I had another appointment in the area around that time. When I dropped it off I as asked if I was 'waiting' or if I was 'coming back'. Chose 'waiting'. Returned at 11:45 and my car was in the same place as when I had left it. 5 minutes later it was taken in for the oil change & tire rotation. Since I had an appointment why would I be asked if I would be 'waiting'? Of course I would be! Are appointments really 'drop off times'? Since I have been coming to Piedmont for more than 2 years I was more than a little disappointed that my car was not ready when I returned.
Vehicle: Ford Fusion
Service Date: 10/11/2014
Review Created: 10/13/2014 04:55 AM
Ray B. on 10/02/2014
"Safe"
This is probably the first auto shop that I have gone to in my 30 years of driving and feel safe knowing that I won't get ripped off I have recommended Piedmont to 3 to 4 of my friends and so far have gotten nothing but positive feedback I will continue to bring my car amd future cars
Service Date: 09/29/2014
Review Created: 10/02/2014 03:48 AM
Phil/John R. on 09/17/2014
"Honest work"
Never a question about work done or recommended
Vehicle: Hyundai Santa Fe
Service Date: 09/15/2014
Review Created: 09/17/2014 03:45 AM
Todd H. on 09/12/2014
"Standard oil change made easy"
Always friendly and always find a way to fit you in.
Vehicle: Chrysler Town & Country
Review Created: 09/12/2014 06:30 PM
Jaqueline J. on 09/11/2014
"Efficient and courteous staff "
I brought my car car in for an oil change and tire rotation. My car was done in less than an hour with no hassle or attempt at selling other services.
Vehicle: Toyota Sienna
Review Created: 09/11/2014 06:17 AM
Jason S. on 09/11/2014
"Quick service"
Replaced faulty airbag sensor same day
Review Created: 09/11/2014 05:09 AM
Tracy S. on 09/11/2014
"Quick and trustworthy"
Piedmont was able to repair a faulty airbag sensor same day.
Vehicle: Chevrolet Suburban
Service Date: 09/09/2014
Review Created: 09/11/2014 05:08 AM
Andrew/Annete J. on 09/04/2014
"You only what is needed"
They went beyond my expectations to check out a cooling system leak
Vehicle: Nissan Pathfinder
Service Date: 09/02/2014
Review Created: 09/04/2014 03:56 AM
Jaqueline J. on 08/20/2014
"Friendly and efficient"
I don't mind waiting for my car with my children because they have a great play area for the kids.
Vehicle: Infiniti G37
Service Date: 08/19/2014
Review Created: 08/20/2014 10:16 AM
Tracy S. on 08/20/2014
"Quick and trustworthy"
Dropped car off on a busy afternnon and ready first thing following morning.
Service Date: 08/19/2014
Review Created: 08/20/2014 05:03 AM
Tim/Amanda L. on 08/14/2014
"Quick, friendly service "
Had a screw in my tire. Took it there and arrived 45 mins before they closed. Tire was patched and ready to go in 30 mins. Great job
Service Date: 08/12/2014
Review Created: 08/14/2014 01:37 AM
Joan/Richard C. on 07/31/2014
"excellent service and courteous employees"
I've had cars serviced at Piedmont on several occasions and they have always provided excellent service with courteous employees
Vehicle: Ford Edge
Service Date: 07/29/2014
Review Created: 07/31/2014 02:06 PM
Romeo G. on 07/26/2014
"Car Inspection"
The office staff are polite and accommodating and the mechanics/technicians are very knowledgeable, patient and thorough in their assessments. The place is very comfortable and convenient to where I live.
Vehicle: Toyota Camry