JULIA S.
Mercedes-Benz 380SL
02/18/2020
Mercedes 380SL
We were utterly shocked with the bill when we came to pick up the car as we had discussed that if the cars expenses went over $5,000 there would be a discussion!
Still in shock and quite honestly disappointed in the lack of communication as I always had to call to find out the status on the car. I also requested a follow up call and have never received one.
If I had known I would have bid it out to other mechanics. I trusted you as my mother and father have been dedicated customers for over 25 years but can not say I have left with a good feeling at all.
Jack G., Partner from Ramsowers Automotive LLC responded on 02/20/2020

Well, I can say I'm quite surprised at your dissatisfaction. Our call logs show that you were given a phone call prior to completion with an updated total (balance due after your deposit), and explanation of the additional repairs needed. We had previously discussed the possibility of exceeding the initial estimate, given the age of the vehicle and extent of the repairs that were discussed with three different people in your camp.
I'm also quite surprised that you didn't exercise the opportunity to "bid out" the job in the two months while the vehicle sat here, waiting for approval. We have protocols in place to prevent "sticker shock" at the counter, and I would like to be sure they were followed properly. We appreciate your family's business over the years, and the opportunity to bring your vintage Mercedes back to operational condition.

Thanks for your feedback, and a chance to learn from this situation. I would be happy to discuss this matter in person at your convenience.

I am dedicated to running a trustworthy business, focused on quality and communication. Let me know what we can do to improve your outlook.

PG
PETER G.
Honda Element
02/15/2020
Honest appraisal, great work.
I continue to be a happy customer. I depend on my 2011 Honda. It rarely requires work but when it does, I bring it to Ramsowers.
Jack G., Partner from Ramsowers Automotive LLC responded on 02/17/2020

Thanks for another five star review, Peter! We appreciate the return business and trust!

RF
ROBERT F.
02/13/2020
BMW owner
Honest and upfront

GR
Garrett R.
02/08/2020 Category: Service
Garrett said the communication was on time, accurate, he didn't have to go out of his way, the repairs were completed quickly and the business gave him a fair price.
Jack G., Partner from Ramsowers Automotive LLC responded on 02/11/2020

Thanks for the five star review, Garrett! We are very happy to continue your family's long time business into the third generation!

02/05/2020
Goodbye packrats!
I recently called Ramsowers in a bit if a panic - I'd seen evidence of packrat activity under the hood of my car. They got me scheduled right away to get Rat Lights installed, which can help deter pests from choosing my car to nest in. They looked over my car to ensure there wasn't any damage or wayward rodents still there. Thanks for giving me peace of mind that I have a rat-free ride!
Jack G., Partner from Ramsowers Automotive LLC responded on 02/17/2020

Thanks for the five star review, LK! We're always on the lookout for critters!

DON B.
02/03/2020
Excellent service by concerned mechanics
Jack and his crew provide unmatched service and will work around your schedule.
Jack G., Partner from Ramsowers Automotive LLC responded on 02/04/2020

Thanks for another five star review, Don! We do enjoy working on your extended Toyota family!

WO
WAYDE O.
02/01/2020
You guys are the best.
Thank you all for keeping Old Betsy (2000 F-150) rollin' down the highway. I will see you soon for the new shocks as we've discussed in the past, and as always you do have the finest pens in town.
Jack G., Partner from Ramsowers Automotive LLC responded on 02/04/2020

Wayde, thanks for the five star review! We're committed to keeping your beloved F150 on the road safely!

TH
TOM H.
Kia Soul
01/30/2020
Peace of Mind
If you have your car serviced at Ramsower's Automotive you will drive away happy and with peace of mind knowing you paid a fair price and your car is in tip top shape. During the service, technicians look "down the road" for possible problems that, if not addressed, will occur during your Sunday drive to Ajo.
Jack G., Partner from Ramsowers Automotive LLC responded on 02/17/2020

Tom, thanks for the five star review! We appreciate your trust and return business!

JOSH R.
Nissan Xterra
01/23/2020
Best Shop in Town
Great shop! Everyone is always friendly, honest, and patient. They've done a lot of work on my vehicles and are always up front and honest. Always willing to explain needs, concerns, and options. I never take my vehicles anywhere else.
Jack G., Partner from Ramsowers Automotive LLC responded on 02/17/2020

Josh, thank you so much for the five star review! I will be sure to share your kind words with the staff. See you next time!

KC
KIMLEY C.
01/23/2020
Very fast service
My car went in late Tuesday afternoon and was ready to come home by noon Wednesday. It was a pleasure getting the call from Chris saying the car was ready. Way to go, guys!
Jack G., Partner from Ramsowers Automotive LLC responded on 01/23/2020

Good to hear that things went so smoothly! Thanks for the five star review!

BL
Ben L.
Toyota Pickup
01/22/2020 Category: Service
Ben said he was happy with the quick service.

CN
CRAIG N.
01/14/2020
Ice Cream Truck
I've had Ramsowers do the work on a vintage ice cream truck I acquired. They have done a fantastic job. Chris especially was instrumental in getting the work done and keeping me informed on the budget. Thank you Chris! I wouldn't take any of my vehicles anywhere else. Thank you Ramsowers!
Jack G., Partner from Ramsowers Automotive LLC responded on 01/23/2020

Craig, thank you for antoher five star review! Keep the curve balls coming...we aren't scared of fixing anything you can dream up! See you next time!

KP
KAREN P.
Nissan Frontier
01/13/2020
Straight Forward
I have been a customer at Ramsowers' for about a year now. I do most of my own maintenance, so my visits are when something seems to be going wrong with the vehicle. They are always up front about what their suggested solution is, and why. They take the time to explain circumstances in a way that I can understand. There at no pushy sales nor work that doesn't need to be done. They are mindful of my pocketbook; therefore seem reasonable in their costs. This visit was because the brakes were squeaking on my previously totaled (86,000 mile) truck and also to check out my concern of some "loose feeling" steering. After their visual and driving assessments they notified me that my brake pads were in pretty good condition. They explained the condition by using a 3-D model of a brake as an example. Turns out the steering is fine; they found no mechanical reason why my steering felt loose, so I am not worried...as long as the wheels or steering arm don't fall off. They recommended that I drive with the traction control off and that seems to be helping the "loose feeling" steering.
Jack G., Partner from Ramsowers Automotive LLC responded on 01/14/2020

Karen, thanks for the five star review! I'm glad we have you as a client!
To clarify about your car issue, though...Chris recommended that you 1) replace the one odd rear tire, and IF that does not fix the issue; 2) drive without traction control to see if it has a bearing on the condition. Please let us know if we can be of further service!

EV
EDWARD V.
Chevrolet Blazer
01/08/2020
Amazing Service, Unbeatable Knowledge
My 1987 Chevy K5 Blazer is a classic, and well, being geriatric things break down. So naturally some things have stopped working. Finding someone to work on it isn't like going to the doctor where they accumulate knowledge over years in different modalities of treatment. There simply isn't many shops with the knowledge in house to work on sexy old men like the K5, he he he. So I asked around town and learned of Ramsowers Automotive. Their reputation is of being project oriented and professional and knowledgeable in classic American cars and trucks. So I went to ask a few questions.

After a rich and enjoyable conversation with Jack the owner I decided to leave the Blazer. The point man, Chris, took on the project and managed communication, locating parts, relaying good and bad news, and overall providing outstanding world class customer service. I was given options with pros and cons and expected outcomes as the project progressed. There were some moments we worried about finding a part or two because original parts are hard to come by these days. Hell, it's 30 plus years old! AC Delco can't be expected to make replacement parts forever. But then there's China...nuff said. I prefer American made but sometimes you have no other choice.

Now after several weeks we finally got everything pinned back up and working. The result is that I have a more fully functioning truck than I did before and my expectations were met and exceeded. The work was done well. Tip 'o the hat to the mechanics who worked on my beauty. Thank you guys! So, yes, even the small things make a difference in customer service. This is that type of shop. And yes it's true you can find a mechanic you can trust. They're out there! So if that special vehicle in the garage needs some intensive care or a checkup, I recommend Ramsowers Automotive. Be clear in your communication and expectations and you'll receive the same outstanding service I did. But that's good advice in most situations. Good luck and happy motoring!
Jack G., Partner from Ramsowers Automotive LLC responded on 01/23/2020

Edward, I'm absolutely speechless. Thank you for the amazing compliments and over the top five star review! I'm excited for the next stage of restoration of your awesome Blazer!
I will certainly share your commenst with Chris too!

SHELLEY C.
01/07/2020
Ramsowers Excellent Service
Once again Ramsowers Automotive has taken care of my automotive needs with friendly, courteous and professional precision. Each and every experience I have had with this company has been top 10 and my favorite employee is Chris especially. Thank you Chris and Ramsowers for always taking the best care of me and my vehicle.
Jack G., Partner from Ramsowers Automotive LLC responded on 01/08/2020

Thanks for your five star review, Shelley! I will certainly share your comments with Chris! Wee appreciate the return business too!