RA
RAYMOND A.
10/24/2019
Always great
Hector and his guys always do great work and take care of their customers!

SO
Steve O.
Santee, CA
Honda Fit
10/24/2019
Honest, responsible, friendly, reliable.
Did what was promised on time.

RL
RICK L.
San Diego, CA
09/21/2019
An honest local business that is affordable and does what they say they will.
I have brought my Honda Pilot and Ford Ranger to this friendly shop and had repairs done in a timely manner at a great price. The men that work here are knowledgeable, polite, and honest. My wife, my daughter, and myself have all brought our cars to Hector and we appreciate how we are treated and the work that is performed.

mike b.
09/18/2019
Honest Hector
I have been going to Hector for well over 10 years and he services about 15 family and friends cars now and never had an issue. my girls go directly there with anything on the vehicles from flat tires to oil changes and beyond. He looks out for my family and you can't find that anywhere else.

GG
GERALD G.
Marysville, WA
Chevrolet Silverado SS
09/12/2019
Friendly, efficient, honest and affordable
I was in town for a week long visit, and of course I my Silverado engine light came on and my air conditioner went out during a heat wave. Smart auto repair got me back on the road with cold air in two days. They totally bailed me out of a difficult situation and got me on the road again.
Hank you so very much.

CYNTHIA W.
Lemon Grove, CA
Hyundai Tucson
09/11/2019
Best mechanic ever
We went to Hector for our Hyundai Tucson because we have 10 friends who all go to him. They have all gone to Hector for years snd years. We have never taken our Tucson anywhere but to the dealer where we nought it, however they are just too expensive! Our Tucson needed its 45,000 service and Hector did a great job at about 1/3 the cost of the dealer! He and his employees are professional, courteous, kind and HONEST. How many mechanics can you say this about? Our only regret is that we are moving out of state, so we won’t be able to come back to Hector. But we will tell everyone in San Diego about him!!

ROBERT/MARIANA C.
Honda Element
09/05/2019
Hector is the best!
Hector is the most fair and honest owner of an auto mechanical shop that I know of in San Diego. He always picks up the phone and respectfully figures out a way to get my car fixed in the most timely manner at a fair cost. Hector is a good Christian with outstanding family values which are immediately noticed by how he treats his employees as family too. I’ve had cars serviced and repaired at Smart Auto Repair for over 14 years and have always been satisfied 100%.

08/29/2019
This place is great!
The people at SMART Auto are awesome! It's hard to find a trustworthy mechanic, but this place can do it all! Best service, and great people.

SYNTIA C.
08/29/2019
I would give more stars if I could!!! Hector is great
10 Stars. Hector is Great worked on my jeep and did a awesome job. I would recommend him for anybody who can trust a good mechanic very very liable and always calls you back. My jeep is running like a champ

TT
TOYA T.
08/24/2019
Quality Work! No job is to big or to small!
Hector is a wonderful and pleasant man. He is knowledgeable and smart about cars! Hence the name of his shop.His prices are fair and he has an awesome crew of talented mechanics. They are masters in their craft. Hector runs a professional business that keeps me coming back. I highly recommend Smart Auto Repair for all your auto maintenance necessities.

AD
AMILCAR D.
Subaru Forester (Natl)
08/08/2019
Honest Service
I’ve been using Mr. Hector services for longer than 10 years, always receiving five stars attention...
I recommend any one to experience Smart Auto Shop when frustration hits you with your car problem..

PM
PARVIZ M.
08/06/2019
Friendly faces and excellent service
I always experienced a great job that you guys did on my car

CL
COTIJAS L.
08/05/2019
It's a honest mechanic shop...
Cant find shops like this no more !!!!!

GA
GEORGIA A.
Volkswagen Tiguan
08/01/2019
Great job!!!
Hector is an excellent business man. He and his workers are very good mechanics! They are fair and a great price. I will always take my vehicle to Smart auto.

MA
MELVIN A.
San Diego, CA
07/27/2019
excellent, honest service
Hector is really dedicated to giving his customers the best possible service

CV
CHARLES ARTHUR V.
Dodge Challenger
07/26/2019
Convenient location
Been taking my vehicles here for the past 20 years it all started at the Mobil gas station in la Mesa and now hector has his own business highly recommend

MF
MAYCA F.
Santee, CA
Chrysler PT Cruiser
07/18/2019
Great Service!
As a woman, I have lived a nightmarish list of experiences at mechanic shops.

I have been a very happy client of Smart Auto Repair for many years. Since the day my previous car timing belt broke and the tow truck towed my car to their shop. The work that Hector and his team do is fantastic and has all elements in my wishlist: Respectful, professional, friendly, caring (do not make start telling you about the way they treated me during the time I was injured years ago, or the time one of my dogs was dying and I needed my car fixed right away!), with attention to detail, reasonable (Hector will explain the repairs your car needs and will help you make a plan to spread them in a manner that is financially feasible and mechanically suitable), trustworthy (and I should type that with capital letters).

I never thought one could feel this way about a mechanic shop, but for me Smart Auto Repair feels rather as friends and family I trust rather than as a business I have to deal with.

As long as Hector is in business, I will be a client of Smart Auto Repair. I’m extremely grateful for his great work and the work of his team, as well as for the kindness they have showed to me throughout the years.

James K.
Toyota Avalon
07/18/2019 Category: Service
James said that everything is perfect so far.

Nissan Sentra
07/17/2019
Hector to the rescue.
Hector has taken care of my cars for more than 13 years and has rescued me several times when I had car trouble. He is always courteous and good- natured about it. I find him reliable and his charges are reasonable. I like it when he asks, "Have they ( his mechanics) take good care of you"?
He now is taking care of my son's car.

Chevrolet El Camino
07/17/2019
Good people
Honest, fair priced, work on any car.