Overall Rating 3.8/5Overall Rating 3.8/5Overall Rating 3.8/5Overall Rating 3.8/5Overall Rating 3.8/5
3.8

LH
Laurie H.
Hudson, WI
05/09/2021
Elijah Witherspoon / Overall Sales Experience
Elijah was great to work with - very patient, professional, and made the buying process very easy. Everyone else we engaged with there was as well. Great experience and I look forward to doing business with them again in the future!

HH
Holly H.
04/20/2021
Lex Boo
Lex has been wonderful to work with. Not pushy or impatient. Genuine and sincere. Feel confident in working with him again!

Mark D.
Lutsen, MN
10/30/2020
Customer Service is just awful
...went there to have a new tire installed and the others rotated/balanced. Specified to service that I wished for a specific rim to be placed on a specific tire because of tread considerations and an existing tire on the vehicle, removed and used as a spare. At any rate, what was given as an estimate of 45 minutes to an hour to do so took over 4 hours because of misunderstanding of what the work order said to do contrary to what was actually done. Notably, I happen to live 70 miles away, so this mishap ruin the rest of my day with other appointments scheduled, which resulted in cancellations in lieu taking off a work day too. - not happy!
I've owned my F150 for over 3 years and it has been typical that they flub-up in some form or fashion; sadly it is unusual that they get things right the first time. It is a shame, because I really like the product - my F150 is an exceptional vehicle that I immensely enjoy. But I cringe every time I need to maintenance it through the Sonju service department - awful service and professionalism!

TE
Terry and Ruth E.
Silver Bay, MN
09/24/2020
Elijah Witherspoon
We picked up our new Escape yesterday and wanted you to know how much we appreciated having Elijah as our salesman. From the time we made our first inquiries about ordering the car through the whole process, he was wonderful. He is knowledgeable, friendly and when we picked up the car, he spent a lot of time with us insuring that we understood all it's features. He is truly an asset to Sonju.

Jeff A.
09/17/2020
Sonju and Elijah Witherspoon
Wanted to personally thank Elijah for a great experience on purchasing our 1st new vehicle. Elijah is an excellent salesman and very knowledgable. He was very attentive to what we were looking for and a pleasure to deal with. Thanks Elijah! We love the truck!

Dan S.
08/29/2020
Great salesman
Elijah was awesome to work with, stuck with me for a couple of months and kept letting me know when something came through that fit my search criteria. He found what I wanted and made the purchase process fast and easy. Him and the closer were the only folks I worked with, but if I bought another vehicle, I'd go there and ask for Elijah.

GW
G. W.
08/25/2020
Sales Team
I recently purchased a certified pre-owned vehicle and worked with Elijah. He made my buying experience very easy. I would work with him again.

NH
Nancy H.
Grand Marais, MN
08/03/2020
Service - Auto Butler
Recent Auto Butler service was NOT satisfactory. Even though service manager agreed my vehicle had mechanical scratches and was not totally clean, I have not received a remedy to this damage. Over the past month, none of my emails, u.s. mail, or phone messages have been returned by the general manager or service department.
This is very disappointing since we have been satisfied in the past with the service and sales of 2 vehicles at Sonju.

CP
CARRIE P.
06/05/2020
Just don't go.
Bought a used jeep, and after a few months we needed to replace the exhaust, shocks, and struts. No way they didn't know these issues were there. We will never give them our business again.

BT
Bob T.
Lutsen, MN
04/24/2020
Worst experience ever
I bought a used truck from Sonju, drove it home and noticed it steaming from the hood a tiny bit. Turns out, it had a cracked cylinder head. NBD, not Sonjus fault, it was bought at auction and it was tough to notice. So they got me into a brand new truck, not the one I wanted, the one they wanted to sell. I was unfamiliar with the price of that truck, and they knew how much o was qilling to spend. Then a week later said they missed something on my credit, I HAD to come up with $1,200 they said. I asked to just take my car and down payment back that I came with, not an option according to them. Then the $1,100 in accessories I ordered came in, but they were actually aftermarket parts that cost less than the factory equipment I paid for. I asked them to make things right, I missed like 3 days of work and was put through the ringer, the manager said "I'll fill your tank and im done". Lessons learned, go in and establish the price of the truck YOU want, act like a cash buyer, don't tell them your budget, when you order parts, make sure you get what you paid for. Lastly, shop anywhere but Sonju. I will be reporting my experience to the BBB and the dept of ecommerce, or whoever regulates dealerships. I can't have my car back, have to pay a debt I can't afford and don't believe I owe, and a tank of gas does it.

JOANNE C.
04/16/2020 Category: Service
Awesome service!
Great customer service ! My vehicle is always amazingly clean ! I am always greatly satisfied :)

KEITH S.
Chevrolet Cruze
04/15/2020 Category: Service
Easy appointments and working atmosphere
Called, got right in and the problem fixed

JEFF K.
Coleraine, MN
04/13/2020 Category: Sales
Smooth transaction
We’re good guys to deal with

KJ
KEVIN J.
Schroeder, MN
Ford F-250 SUPER DUTY
04/13/2020 Category: Service
Im always treated with great respect at Sonju's but dont always get good results!
I got two things fixed the same day, but it was my 10th trip there for the same two repairs. It took 6 trips to finally get the winch on my Polaris atv finished. It wasn't sonju's fault on the winch as the first two winchs quit working and had to get a third. Two bad winch's, and the new one works very good, but we'll see how it is in a year. The other issue was a key fob on my new F250. It took four trips to finally get it replaced. So ten trips=1100 miles back and fourth. I'm not a happy cusomer!

JOHN L.
Ram 1500
04/12/2020 Category: Service
I needed to get a recall attended to along with a oil change and tire rotation in a very tight window. They came through for me big time!