Overall Rating 4.41/5Overall Rating 4.41/5Overall Rating 4.41/5Overall Rating 4.41/5rating 4.41

Overall Rating 3.6428533/5Overall Rating 3.6428533/5Overall Rating 3.6428533/5rating 3.6428533rating 3.6428533
Overall Rating 2.1428571/5Overall Rating 2.1428571/5rating 2.1428571rating 2.1428571rating 2.1428571
Latest Review about 1 hour ago

DO
David O.
Malverne, NY
09/18/2018 Category: Service
Consistently fine service
Always a pleasure to deal with Christine and crew. My car is always ready on time, and I never have an issue with the work performed.

Marieange P.
09/18/2018 Category: Service
Good service and good work
Good service and good work

09/17/2018 Category: Service
Get the job done
They get the job done here but with no added perks which would have been nice.
JERRY G., service manager from South Shore Hyundai responded on 09/18/2018

Springfield Gardens, NY
2016 Hyundai Veloster
09/14/2018 Category: Service
Never Another Hyundai
Brand New 2016 Veloster gave problems from day one.

The first dealership I used to go had a shady service agent. Southshore's service is much better but I think it's hard to offer excellent customer service when the build quality of the cars are crappy.
JERRY G., service manager from South Shore Hyundai responded on 09/15/2018

I am sorry that you were unhappy with the service. If the vehicle is not operating as designed please bring it back in so we can take another look at it.

ER
Eleanor R.
New York
2017 Hyundai Azera
09/14/2018 Category: Service
Convenient to my home
Service acceptable price of service about same as my own service mechanic
JERRY G., service manager from South Shore Hyundai responded on 09/15/2018

Howard F.
Bellerose, NY
09/12/2018 Category: Service
Everything was good.
I must say when I picked up the car at night there was two women that helped me. One was at the front desk. Very friendly and helpful. The other woman actually had to get my car out of the shop.
Also very helpful and friendly...
I'm just curious though that when I went home I had found a recall for a hood latch that needed to be repaired or replaced. I would have thought they would have checked to see if was done.
Other than that all was good...
JERRY G., service manager from South Shore Hyundai responded on 09/12/2018

Thank you for your business!

PD
Pablo D.
Shirley, NY
2016 Hyundai Veloster
Terrible experience
First financed car. First service needed in less than one month of purchase, 2016 Veloster turbo with 32 miles on it still considered “new”. Went in for DCT failure related symptoms. Update for service campaign TZZ done (although as per Hyundai it was already done January 2017) which is a lie, because the technician said it hadn’t been done. I overheard the technician talking to service employee. I was then called by phone and told that nothing was found or done to the car and that it was fine , in this case that would mean I’d have to pay the mandatory diagnostic fee of $140 since nothing was found. Except, little did they know I was in the office overhearing them speak of the update. Once I mentioned that, the story changed and now they stated “yes and update was done” , and when asked if it explained my symptoms I was lied to again and told that it did not affect the car with the symptoms I was having. I spoke to hyundia USA service campaign department and was told that the TZZ was for ECM and TCM and would 100% cause the symptoms I was having. Specially since the car felt MUCH better after I left the dealer. So my question was “why would I not be told about this if it DID fix my issues? At this point it just seemed like someone was trying to take the $140 from me. Hated my experience and have since regretted going with Hyundai.
JERRY G., service manager from South Shore Hyundai responded on 09/13/2018

I am sorry that you were unhappy. The diagnostic fee is only something that you pay when the problem is FOUND and not covered under warranty. We do not charge if the problem was not found. I also spoke to the tech that worked on the car. He performed a reprogramming that was already done but seems that when it was originally done
failed in some way because your car is driving better now. The person he was speaking to was our warranty administrator about how to get paid from Hyundai not you. I am sorry for any misunderstanding.

Cedarhurst, NY
Service Excellent, As Usual, But Part Order Was Slow
I needed a replacement passenger side side-view mirror and was at South Shore
Hyundai on Friday 8/24. But it took almost 2 weeks for the replacement mirror to
arrive---it was not replaced until 9/5. Christine handled the situation and, as usual,
was freindly, professional, and helpful---she called as soon as the mirror arrived and
had me come in almost immediately--without needing an appointment!
It just seems to me that the replacement part could have been expedited better than
it was.

Jose L.
Valley Stream, NY
09/11/2018 Category: Service
Great staff and great service
Every time I have to go to the dealer, I am very happy with your service.

Ronald S.
West Hempstead, NY
Cheryl
LACK OF COMMUNICATION
JERRY G., service manager from South Shore Hyundai responded on 09/12/2018

I am sorry that you were unhappy.

Rosedale, NY
D.D.
Everything that needed to be done was completely on that trip in a prompt time and everyone was courteous.

Mirla H.
Floral Park, NY
09/10/2018 Category: Service
They treat you like family

Thank you.

KW
Karen W.
Springfield Gardens, NY
Service with a Smile
I have been going to South Shore Hyundai for the past 6 years. They are always courteous and helpful. However, they have started a new system since my last visit and I am not impressed with it. Before, once your car was checked in, you go into the service office for assistance, now you wait in the bay for someone to come out to you. I actually had to come back 3 times, first because they don't do diagnostics on Saturday, which was not advised on the schedule site. I had to wait approx. 30-40 minutes for someone to come out to me. The second time, about 20 minutes and the last time about 10 minutes. I guess they have reasons for this change, but I don't like it at all.

LI
Lonnie I.
Long Beach, NY
09/08/2018 Category: Service
Engine replacement after recall
Service representative MiKeshon was cordial informative and responsive. The rental company didn’t have a car for three days so that was inconvenient but the service dept.’s fault. There are some problems with electrical settings on steering wheel that weren’t there before

Ann S.
Hewlett Harbor, NY
09/07/2018 Category: Service
Christine Kemmett
The service manager is so pleasant and makes sure everything go smooth.

09/07/2018 Category: Service
?
Service department makes a committed effort to staying on schedule.

Carmen M.
Freeport, NY
2015 Hyundai Genesis
09/05/2018 Category: Service
Fast service
Work is done diligently and fast.
JERRY G., service manager from South Shore Hyundai responded on 09/07/2018

Carmen M.
Freeport, NY
2014 Hyundai Tucson
09/05/2018 Category: Service
The people you have working there go above and beyond.
JERRY G., service manager from South Shore Hyundai responded on 09/07/2018

East Rockaway, NY
2013 Hyundai Santa Fe S
09/04/2018 Category: Service
Terrific service
Christine is amazing-professional, knowledgeable and sweet. The female attendant that writes up the car in the driveway (don't know her name) is absolutely wonderful. Both make the experience of having the car serviced very pleasant.
JERRY G., service manager from South Shore Hyundai responded on 09/04/2018

Thank you for the GREAT review!