Joshua C.
06/16/2018 Category: Service
Joshua said the staff was quick, honest, and not pushy for add-ons.

Julia T.
Oregon
06/16/2018 Category: Service
Julia said she liked the people who she dealt with. They were straight forward and pleasant.

Diana C.
Buick Century
06/14/2018 Category: Service
Diana said she has been going to this business for years.

DK
Dillon K.
Volkswagen Passat
06/14/2018 Category: Service
Dillon said they are wonderful. Spencer listens to his concerns and does what he's asked without input. He really knows his customers. He said he appreciates a mechanic who is passionate about vehicles.

VD
Vygovskiy D.
Audi S4
06/13/2018 Category: Service
Vlygovskiy said Spencer was really cool and he liked him. The service was pretty quick and all his questions were answered. The employees were good people and let him know what was going on.

Russell H.
Oregon
Acura 3.2TL
06/09/2018 Category: Service
Russell said the business treated him really well.

TD
Tara D.
05/24/2018 Category: Service
Tara said the people at this business are really nice.

PM
Paula M.
05/24/2018 Category: Service
Paula said the business does good work, the staff is honest and they do not recommend unnecessary services.

Anonymous avatar
05/05/2018
Little details
I've found little things every time I've taken my car in that I feel should have been addressed. The work quality is good and Ill continue to use this shop but I don't fell like I can drive away without a quick once through.

Danny L.
04/29/2018
First timer
Great customer service! So far, so good!

Matt G.
04/28/2018
Going above and beyond
I can always count on the people at Sparks Auto to be honest and affordable. They present me with options about the various services I need, but they don't presure me about those options. They are very busy, so it might take a couple days to get a vehicle serviced. They are busy because they are good at what they do.

AC
Aaron C.
Portland, OR
Acura Integra
04/28/2018
Top tier
I don't know what I would do without these guys. I have had my car repaired here for many years and am always more than happy with the amount of care and expertise that goes into making my car healthy again. Great mechanics with a friendly atmosphere. These guys have diagnosed and repaired problems on my car that other high end popular shops in Portland couldn't touch and they do it with style. Thank you Sparks, keep up the incredible work!!!

Darren W.
04/27/2018 Category: Service
Darren said this business fixed his vehicle in a reasonable amount of time. They were friendly and he had a great experience.

RA
Russ A.
04/27/2018 Category: Service
Russ said he would recommend the business for service.

TC
Terry C.
GMC Yukon XL
04/26/2018
Quick and honest service. Friendly people who always have time to talk about the problems.
Responded to a problem, engine warning light came on. Computerized diagnosis indicated the reason and picked up on other concerns. Repairs made in quick time. Still a great place to deal with, change in ownership has enhanced the service and made the business even better.

mark B.
Florissant, CO
04/20/2018
Find Another Shop!
I've waited a while to write this review because I do not do this lightly. I used Sparks Auto Service back in December for a pre-purchase inspection on a vehicle I was buying. I mainly dealt with Hans but then did end up trading one text message with the owner Spencer.

The owner of the car I was looking to purchase brought the car to Sparks for the inspection. They completed the inspection and gave me a verbal report over the phone. I was traveling across several states to get the car and needed to know if the car was worth traveling for. I received a positive report on the car with some issues noted. I travelled to purchase the car and found so many more issues upon arrival that I negotiated the price of the car lower. In fact I was so disappointed with the PPI that Hans and I agreed I would pay Sparks only half of their charges and call it even. What I could not do on site was really get under the car and inspect it. I had to depend on the report from Sparks that everything was ok.

Getting the car home I put the car up on jack stands and crawled underneath. What I found was suspension that was installed incorrectly and oddly enough adjusted differently on the left rear of the car. Investigating this further I found out that there is a major flaw in the bodywork and suspension on this side. The previous owner was hiding this issue and I was depending on the PPI to identify the major issues. This will most likely cost me literally thousands of dollars to correct. The PPI from Sparks Auto Service was useless.

I contacted Spencer (Owner) through a text message and informed him I was highly unsatisfied with the work they had done and would be writing a poor review. He texted me back and said to call him. I called him long distance the very next day. I wanted to give them a chance to address the issue before posting anything. I left a message with Spencer to call me back. That was now 3 weeks ago and I have never heard anything.

Unfortunately for me I purchased a car from a dishonest owner and had an absolutely terrible PPI done at Sparks Auto Service that will cost me a lot of money.

I chose Sparks because they had all 5-star reviews on Yelp. I now don't believe the ratings I see on line. I personally would steer clear of this shop. I can't be the only one that has a bad experience and never hears from the owner.

AK
Andrea K.
04/13/2018 Category: Service
Andrea said she received excellent service, but feels the cost was a bit high.

TT
Travis T.
Lexus RX 300 Luxury SUV
04/12/2018 Category: Service
Travis said the service repairs were completed in a timely manner.

BA
Bailey A.
Geo Metro
04/11/2018 Category: Service
Spoke with Donny. He said the vehicle has been running well since the service and the staff did a good job.

Darin S.
Saturn Ion
04/07/2018
Keeping me on the road.
Great service and knowledgeable staff. Recommend them for all of your vehicle needs.