Latest Review about 1 month ago

GH
GERALDINE H.
11/04/2019
Awesome car service
As always, great service, prompt response and cordial technicians.
Steve W. from Steve's Tire and Auto responded on 11/04/2019

Geraldine thanks for trusting us for your automotive needs! Steve

San Diego, CA
11/02/2019
Quick and great service!
Thanks so much for taking the time to look after my car. Came in without and appointment and your team handled my concerns quickly at a great price. Thank you.
Steve W. from Steve's Tire and Auto responded on 11/03/2019

Thanks for doing business with us! Steve

MARCUS B.
10/28/2019
I was overly impressed all around. I had a oil change done and it was done well.
Steve W. from Steve's Tire and Auto responded on 10/28/2019

Marcur thanks for doing business with us! Steve

STEVE W.
Germantown, TN
Volkswagen GTI
10/28/2019
Alignment and balance
It was a pleasure doing business with Steve’s. They aligned the front end and balanced the tires of my 10 year old. The service was quick and the price fair. I recommend Steve’s.
Steve W. from Steve's Tire and Auto responded on 10/28/2019

Steve thanks for your business! Steve

JOHN B.
GMC TRUCK YUKON
10/24/2019
The Best!
Always accommodating to my circumstance and need!
Steve W. from Steve's Tire and Auto responded on 10/24/2019

Thanks for the business and friendship. Steve.

Mazda 3 Series
09/28/2019
Oil change - Headlight bulbs & Brake pad replacement
Courteous, professional and fast as usual. The shuttle service is quite convenient. However, this time they failed at basics (headlights and oil change services). The pending issues were quickly addressed after my second trip to the shop. Price: unfortunately I don't compare prices if it's within my budget.
Steve W. from Steve's Tire and Auto responded on 09/30/2019

I'm sorry you had to return a second time to get your car fixed correctly. I will discuss it with my people and see where we went wrong. If you use us in the future we will do better. Thanks for doing business with us. Steve.

CJ
CLARENCE J.
09/19/2019
Convenient and thorough
I blew out two tires in two weeks!! Thats aggravating enough. So i got my car towed to Steve’s and they put my spare on. NO CHARGE!! Then yesterday I had a flat. So I crippled back to Steve’s and they put my spare back on. A very nice lady drove me home and then,when it was ready,she came back to my house and picked me up to come get my car.
Awesome service.
Steve W. from Steve's Tire and Auto responded on 09/19/2019

Clarence thanks for doing business with us! Steve.

GH
GERALDINE H.
09/09/2019
Awesome car service
Steve's Tire and Auto took care of me again - from towing to service. I love these guys!!!
Steve W. from Steve's Tire and Auto responded on 09/10/2019

Geraldine thanks for doing business with us! Steve.

TW
Tom W.
09/02/2019
'99 Ford Ranger - A Happy Customer
Thank you Steve & Travis!

In response to my previous complaint on 08/12/2019 - " '99 Ford Ranger - Unhappy Customer"...
Steve called the next day following my complaint. The fact that he called me on the phone (not via text or email), says a lot about his concern for his customers.
When he called me, the first thing he did was apologize and acknowledge they should have done things differently.
Thank you for the prompt personal response, and your offer to make things right for my out of pocket expenses.
I will return to their Midtown shop.
Tom
Steve W. from Steve's Tire and Auto responded on 09/04/2019

Tom thanks for the kind words. Also thanks for giving us a chance to correct our issues. We look forward to serving you in the future. Steve.

JO
JENNIFER O.
Nissan Versa
08/22/2019
Professional and friendly
Excellent work!!!!
Steve W. from Steve's Tire and Auto responded on 08/22/2019

Jennifer thanks for doing business with us! Steve.

TW
TOM W.
FORD TRUCK RANGER PICKUP
08/12/2019
'99 Ford Ranger - Unhappy Customer
Gentlemen:

I am not a happy customer, and I have some serious concerns about your service this past Friday on the ’99 Ford Ranger.

I brought it in, and told Travis about a knocking noise from the front end. Travis called me a couple hours later with the diagnosis:
1. there’s some play in the upper control arm(s).
2. there’s some play in the outer tie rod end(s).
3. there’s some play in the left front wheel (bearings).
4. swaybar bushings need to be replaced.
5. front end alignment.
Estimated cost, approximately $1,100.00
Who wants to spend $1,100 on a 20 year old truck(!) –not me.
I asked Travis -if I bought the parts, how much is the labor, and it was over $500.
I couldn’t justify spending $1,100 or $500 (+parts) on the truck.
I picked it up, and paid the $60 inspection/service fee.

So, I bought the parts – so my son can put them on. Why? - because my son replaced these same parts exactly a year ago – upper & lower control arms, outer tie rods, replaced/repacked the left front wheel bearings.

I bought Moog brand parts on Friday from the AutoPlus parts distributor on Phelan Avenue. I paid a total of $230 for the upper control arms, outer tie rods and swaybar bushings. The upper control arms were $75 each. (Since I work for MLGW, I get a significant discount.)

We replaced these parts on Saturday. Took us a few hours working in the driveway using a floor jack and jack stands. Unfortunately, after we replaced everything, put it back together and drove it around the block – the knocking noise from the front end was still there.

I was mad – at this point, I had spent $200 on parts, $60 to tell me what was wrong, several hours under the truck – and the noise was still there.

Today is Monday. I took the truck to Stigler Alignment, on National Street – Stigler does front end work, and has for 50+ years.

Told them I had some knocking noise from the front end - told them the parts I replaced, but the noise was still there. I told them I needed an alignment, and to see if they could diagnose the knocking noise. He told me - when I dropped the truck off, that those parts weren’t causing the noise.

They called me later – said the noise was not from those front end parts, but that I needed to install new (adjustable) camber bolts - so they installed an eccentric bolt kit and aligned the front end – and the knocking noise went away, for about $160(!).

So this is why I am not a happy customer – I have done business with you for years, and have spent thousands of dollars, well over $10,000 with you – because I trust Travis and Steve’s Tire & Auto.

I am a loyal midtown customer, but you dropped the ball on this diagnosis. You told me I needed to replace Moog (quality) parts - that were literally a year old at a cost of $1,100. So I did, but it didn’t fix the problem – because there was nothing wrong with those parts, and they were not the problem. But if I had left the truck with you – you would have replaced those parts based on your $1,100 estimate.

Steve & Travis, your good name is only as good as the last auto mechanic you hire, based on his skill set, integrity and work ethic.

I have one suggestion going forward – when you have a customer repair estimate that is more than $500 (or $1,000), either you, or one of your more senior mechanics, needs to review (double-check) the first mechanics inspection and diagnosis.

For your consideration,

Tom Word
901-604-5209
Steve W. from Steve's Tire and Auto responded on 08/14/2019

Tom thanks for doing business with us. I appreciate you letting me know about your experience, even though it didnt go the way I would have liked. I have been repairing cars for over 30 years and have always prided myself on being fair to my customers. Travis and I discuss our business practices on a daily basis to try and prevent situations like yours from occurring. When the technician drove your truck he heard mulitiple noises and while he made mention that some of the parts looked fairly new he still deemed them to be a problem. He acutally consulted with another technician about what he saw and heard on the test drive. I think Travis and you spoke about the fact that some of the parts appeared new but in our opinion were suspect with the multiple noises we were hearing. I think we should have driven the truck with you to have a better understanding of what you were hearing. Tom you are very inportant to us as our customer and we will do whatever you think is right to make you happy. Steve

JJ
JUSTIN J.
Pontiac Vibe
07/31/2019
Good repair - but questions???
I have been a long time Steve’s customer and I have a lot of faith in them to be honest and fair and to do great work. I am not usually disappointed. This time was a little different though. First of all, I got up really early to have my cat there by 7:30 in hopes that I’d get it back early. When I hadn’t heard anything by 11:30 I called and was told they hadn’t even looked at my car yet - they were finishing up work from yesterday first... I asked why I wasn’t told that when I dropped my car off and the guy just repeated that he had to finish yesterday’s work first. Then, after getting my car back at 4:00 and paying $526, I got home and my son asked me if they gave me the 5% discount for a repair over $500 that is on the web page. I said no, I wasn’t told about that... why??? I’m a teacher, single mom, AND, as I said a long time customer- why would they not offer that discount to me??
Steve W. from Steve's Tire and Auto responded on 07/31/2019

First of all I would like to say thanks for being our customer. As for you not be given information as to when you should expect your car, we should have done that. I will have a discussion we our team and make sure that we do a better job educating our customers of what is reasonable completion times. I will call you this morning concerning the discounts. Thanks Steve.

JOHN B.
GMC TRUCK YUKON
07/19/2019
Best Service.....Best People
Steve W. from Steve's Tire and Auto responded on 07/19/2019

John thanks for your business! Steve

RALPH M.
GMC TRUCK C
07/04/2019
Super nice people and a great looking building
Steve’s Auto should get 10 stars instead of 5. Management is great and the mechanics are all top notch. No holds barred the absolute best shop in the mid south highly recommended
Steve W. from Steve's Tire and Auto responded on 07/05/2019

Ralph thanks for doing business with us and for the kind words! Steve.

Lexus SC 430
07/02/2019
Professional
The team at Steve’s is professional and customer oriented.
Steve W. from Steve's Tire and Auto responded on 07/02/2019

Thanks for doing business with us! Steve.

WH
WILLIAM H.
Kia Sportage
06/26/2019
Friendly staff
The only shop I take all my cars to for service.
Steve W. from Steve's Tire and Auto responded on 06/27/2019

William thanks for doing business with us! Steve.

MATT W.
06/12/2019
Friendly, quick and professional.
STA has always taken great care of my auto needs. Quick, efficient, professional and always do what they say they will do at an hinest price. I won't go anywhere else for my car care needs.
Steve W. from Steve's Tire and Auto responded on 06/12/2019

Matt thanks for trusting us with your vehicle's needs. Steve.

Mark S.
06/07/2019
They stand behind their work.
I was referred to Steve's by a friend. I had my vehicle towed to Steve's on a Friday. This was a major repair, requiring a new cooling system install. The car was ready on Monday! I noticed some fluid leaking beneath the front end and returned the car the next day. Steve's had to replace the cooling system (again) and did so in a day with NO additional cost for the repairs. Unbelievable. I am impressed!
Steve W. from Steve's Tire and Auto responded on 06/07/2019

Mark thanks for your business! Steve

Franklin, TN
Acura RDX
06/02/2019
Outstanding!
Professional, friendly and reasonable!
Steve W. from Steve's Tire and Auto responded on 06/02/2019

Thanks for trusting us with your vehicle! Steve.

Chevrolet Express Cargo Van
06/01/2019
Co vehicles
Always and only use Sreve’s
Steve W. from Steve's Tire and Auto responded on 06/02/2019

Thasnks for trusting us with your vehicles. Steve.