Sunset View Apartments

EB
Emily B.
09/05/2017
Horrible horrible horrible
I hate this place, it's horrible place to stay. First it's not safe place to live, pls if u have kids specially go somewhere else.
When we first move here last year 2016 our rent was 1150 per month. That was a BIG lie because they never explain about all the extra charges and nonsense fees. So my second month bill was 1375.
If you go to the office trying to talk to the managment or whoever is in the office it sucks, because they are unprofessional and every complain you make their respond is " unfortunately there is nothing we could do about it😱
So expect to pay a LOTTTT more of what they promise you.
If they say your rent is 1300 that means 1500 so please know that.
Maintenance suckssss it will take them weeks n weeks to fix one minor problem, your toilet overflow they will show up after 3 days. They are the most unprofessional people I have ever seen. They are all rude no proffession at all.
Noise issue, people smoking weed all over the places, not good place to raise kids!
You better pray about your car every night because it will either be Broken Window or Towed. I can't wait to get out of here. 0 star

DN
Definitely N.
05/07/2017
Someone was murdered here recently
Ok so let be real here. This is the hood. This place is basically in skyway where a lot of crime happens. Fights happen outside all of the time. Peoples cars getting broken into. Peoples cars getting shot. Now recently a guy was murdered in one of the buildings here!!!! In the stair well in the middle of the day. His body was there for several hours before anyone reported it. From what someone in the building said was that he was shot in the face and it looked like they also stomped his head out afterward. Savages live here. Very very dangerous people live here. It smells like weed 24/7. People putting feces in the public washer machines. Please avoid thus place at all cost!!!! Save your money and your life!!! This is not worth dying over just to save a buck or getting robbed or having your car broken into. The staff is nice and the maintenance people are quick to respond. That does not change the fact that they have a bunch of criminals renting here. Avoid places that have a high level el of section 8 housing. That's when you know it's ghetto. I hope this helps

FS
Filip S.
04/19/2017
New management would rather see you suffer
I wish we had the old management back ever since they were bought out everything is falling apart. some of the management is extremely rude, when we called (the one time they actually answered) to ask if they would fix the website to allow partial payments we were greeted with attitude "we're not going to fix that". And with the murder that happened last week I don't feel safe here. But to cut the lease early will through you back about 2-3 grand, not including the 2 grand in deposits that you'd be losing. I guess Pacific Living cares more about making a buck than they care about the well being of their tenants

NM
nina m.
Seattle, WA
04/24/2016
hatred upon racism judgemental
the new management is judgemental bitchasses awful menaces they moved us out cuz they didn't like our personality i wish i hope i pray u gain more uglyness and karma wil get u i wish u wil get mistreated the way u did to us so u'll kno how it feels like i hope the owner kno this
Liz from Sunset View Apartments responded on 04/26/2016

We as the management company are the representative of the owner and it is our job to make sure that Sunset View is a great place to live for all of our residents. Unfortunately when policies are not abided by it is our responsibility to enforce those rules. We want every one of our residents to have a great living experience at Sunset View.

JAMES F.
08/25/2015
GRAET JOB
The girls in the office are greatest you could ever hope for .( JIM FOOTE)
NORMA, ANNA, JENNY
Leasing C., Leasing Manager from Sunset View Apartments responded on 08/27/2015

Thank you!! We love taking care of our residents!!

Sherrel Anne H.
08/21/2015
?
JORGE EXCELLENT MAINTENANCE MAN
Leasing C., Leasing Manager from Sunset View Apartments responded on 08/25/2015

Thank you for the complement. I will make sure to tell our Maint. Tech Jorge.

Jennifer L.
08/01/2015
Lack of honesty and overcharging
I pay $1000 a month to live here; when I moved in, I was told the pool would be open in May. It was not. I was then told the pool would be open the next weekend, which it was not. It finally opened in the third week of July! Unfortunately I was unable to make it to the office during business hours because of my job; but, today, Saturday, August 1, I was able to. I arrived at noon to be told they "ran out of keys" and that it was my fault because they "put out a notice" to come get a key. Don't you know how many apartments are in the complex?? This is just poor business management.
Leasing C., Leasing Manager from Sunset View Apartments responded on 08/10/2015

I'm really sorry to hear the trouble you have been having with the pool. We are working to see if we can get the pool open a littler longer than usual. Please stop by the office to pick up your new key if you have already not done so. Or give us a call and we can see what else we can do to get it to you. Once again we apologize for the inconvenience.

07/30/2015
Friendliest management around
Friendliest management around
Leasing C., Leasing Manager from Sunset View Apartments responded on 07/30/2015

Thats always good to hear!! I will let the Sunset View staff know. Thank you!!!

07/29/2015
Great place to live
Great management ,great views very spacious!
Leasing C., Leasing Manager from Sunset View Apartments responded on 07/30/2015

We agree with you.. Great view & spacious homes.. I will let the Sunset View staff on your compliment. Thank you!

BL
Bill L.
07/29/2015
Still love living here after 3 months!
Like the neighbors I've met so far. Love the view this morning. Have had some small issues which have been addressed promptly. Just met the guy who picks up the garbage and got some good tips.
Leasing C., Leasing Manager from Sunset View Apartments responded on 07/30/2015

We are happy to hear that everything worked out on the issues you were having. The view has been gorgeous lately. Thank you!

Cheap, but draconian policies
This place is cheap, but the policies are draconian and the landlords treat tenants like vermin. If you don't pay your rent on time, you'll pay a flat late fee, plus a second fee that scales per day. You'll be given eviction notices instead of simply being asked to change your behavior. It's all buried in the lease somewhere. Notices about moving your things so they can repaint the parking lot or fix porches will come with only a day's notice, and may repeat if the repairs don't actually happen. Even if the leasing office misinforms you, the burden is still on you: the customer is never right.
Leasing C., Leasing Manager from Sunset View Apartments responded on 07/30/2015

I'm sorry to hear the issues you are having. If you can please call the office or stop by we would be more than happy to help you; or answer any questions you may have. Thank you.

BF
Byron F.
07/28/2015
Much improvment since last review!
Well things around here have improved since my last review. The pool is finally open, better late than never, esp.with the hot summer, I hope it is open longer since it was late to open and it will be hot for some time, also the pool furniture looks great as well as the new grounds! We also appreciate added security cameras and notices stating that management will be watching out for people who don't clean up after there dogs. Honestly I don't understand why someone would take advantage of the fact that the Sunset View allow for pets, not all apartments do people, lets not blow that! We also want to thank the maintenance staff, we had a few issues that were resolved promptly with great courtesy. Over all things are improving, so thanks everyone keep up the good work!
Leasing C., Leasing Manager from Sunset View Apartments responded on 07/28/2015

Hi, I'm happy to hear you are starting to see the changes happening around Sunset View. We are working to see if we are able to keep the pool open a little longer.

Deidre B.
Great management, poor security
Regarding the apartment itself, management has been responsive to our needs in a timely and respectful manner. The aesthetic upgrades to the community in the past year have been appreciated: turfing the play area in front of the leasing office, removing overgrown plants to improve visibility, and increasing the lighting around the front entrances have been nice changes. However, these changes are cosmetic and don't fundamentally address the need for increased safety in the community. I have no complaints about the neighborhood during the day. It seems that when the leasing office is open, fewer problems occur. But once the office closes, generally around 6pm, things change. Unsupervised children break things, leave their garbage in common areas, and yell obscenities at residents. People pile their garbage outside in the parking lot. Teens smoke marijuana in the laundry rooms. Homeless people sleep on the back deck of the leasing office. Car windshields get broken, and recently someone tried to steal our car from the parking lot overnight. Also, I've seen people slaughtering chickens in the parking lot, seen and heard people shooting guns, and daily I hear loud arguments and incessant car alarms going off. Because of errant behavior, seems that something on the grounds is always in a state of disrepair, including the handrails in the stairwells, broken windows, and fencing panels being torn down and strewn about. Someone dumps their food waste (pots of spaghetti, birthday cakes, corn cobs, etc) on the sidelawn where I walk my dog. There's a guy who buys drugs in the parking lot. I have literally seen the transaction multiple times. It's all very gross.
I believe that these issues are largely due to a lack of security presence on the property. I would like to see patrol cars going by or even security on foot or bicycle on site EVERY NIGHT. I want the phone number for security to be posted in every building. I've had to make several calls to the local police when problems have arisen, but I think fewer problems would arise if management hired security to remain on site after hours.
Leasing C., Leasing Manager from Sunset View Apartments responded on 07/28/2015

Hello.. I'm sorry to hear about the troubles you are having. We are currently working with Management regarding security. If you would like more details please call the office & we would be more than happy to let you know details.

Ashley B.
07/28/2015
Who's car hasn't been broken into?
I've been living here 2 years now, and my car has been broken into twice and stolen once. Most residents whom choose to pay for a parking spot isn't out of accessibility, but because of fear that their cars may be stolen. And because all the parking is taken by illegal tenants and unregistered cars that never seem to move there vehicle, residents who do not chose to pay for assigned parking have to park far at the "hot spots"-(areas high risk in car theft) The apartment owners have not seem to make this a priority

I HATE the apartment valet garbage/waste management program.. after numerous conversations with neighbors and other residents, im convinced everyone does. Valet comes with an asterisk. Why aren't there any garbages except on the bottom of the hill? Valet doesnt pick up for 2 days, and infraction us when we leave our garbages outside so it doesnt stink up our apartments. I'd be more than happy to throwaway my own garbage if I could. My apartment is way too hot and garbage is way too stinky to be at the convenience of the valet service.

The apartment amenities are horrible, a lot has been done to makeover the apt, but still no upgrades. there is still enormous work to be done to have it look half decent. The workout room is a joke, im sure all the free weights were stolen, and the mechanical weights are missing locks. The machines are dated and dirty.
It is summer, the pool is dirty.. enough said.

The people around here are sketchy, and I would choose never to say anything to troublesome neighbours or make noise complaints myself just because people are getting in fights here all the time, not to mention there's been shootings in our complex and nearby many times this year. (Google it). If you like a quiet safe environment, you may want to reconsider living here.

The apartments themselves are spacious but dated. If you dont mind living in an older place then its okay. It's more of the surroundings, enviroment, and foolery that happens outside the apartments that turn people off. Even the neighbors are very sketchy and loud, but luckily my neighbors keep to themselves. Management is nice, Ive never had any real issues.

These statements are all based on facts and real incidents.
Leasing C., Leasing Manager from Sunset View Apartments responded on 07/28/2015

Hi.. I'm sorry to hear the issues you are having with the Valet Waste & some of your neighbors. We have some plans for the parking lot and other great ideas on upgrades.. If you can please call the office & we would be more than happy to keep you up to speed on the plans.

CA
Chris A.
07/28/2015
Worst decision moving into your apartments. Has been a let down from the beginning.
Horrible. Lied to by the staff numerous times, from the very beginning. Brought to the attention of the leasing staff shady characters. How the shady characters were intimidating tenants, and letting their dog jump in people's cars, attack others pets, jump on people and nip them. Was told that I must be mistaken, and making things up. Scare tactics from wanting to read the contract, to scare tactics that you have to use "their rental insurance company."

Very over priced for what I am getting. Hidden fees and extra out of pocket expsenses that is typically included in housing cost.

Disrespectful neighors. "Valet trash service" is a joke. Hit and miss if they even stop at your complex, and if they do stop at your complex it's a roll of the dice if they stop st your actual unit. The person/persons that do the valet service are very loud, toss your can, making far too much noise at 10-12 at night. And plays loud music whole doing his rounds.

I have had numerous times I have found bills just folded, not even in an envelope for myself and my neighbird just laying in our breeze way.

You want your personal information to be public record then you should move in. But if you don't want your business to anyone's else's and don't want identity theft, don't come here.

Don't want headaches and hidden fees don't move here.

You will be blind sided with "bills" that are sent 3 months after the end of the month. At high rates. And are billed from one company, but some how you pay the property manager for them. Things include, trash, administration fees (those actually run pretty high) sewer and water, a few others. That no other apartment complexes charge. And these rates fluctuate very heavily depending on the occupant rate at the current month even though it's from 3 months prior
Leasing C., Leasing Manager from Sunset View Apartments responded on 07/28/2015

Hello, I'm sorry to hear the issues you are having. If you can please call or come in the office we will make sure to address these issues for you promptly. Thank you

Hidden Gem
The price is great for the location and it meets my needs. Maintenance orders have been completed swiftly the few times I needed them. The office staff are friendly and very helpful. I love my view and my apartment overall- I'm glad I found this place!
Leasing C., Leasing Manager from Sunset View Apartments responded on 07/28/2015

This is great to hear!!! Thank you for calling Sunset View your home!!

B
Byron
06/04/2015
this place is not for most!
Nothing ever gets done according to plan and then if it is done it's 1/2 way at best. Last year the pool was open maybe for two months all because of a lock that could never be fixed, we were told that it would be open last week...still closed. The work out room is horrible, with almost nothing working properly, further more there is no access unless the office is open and someone is in, again due to a lock that somehow can never be installed. I have been told that these issues would be addressed for the gym but after 8+ months nothing has still been done. The place is very trashy with rats every where and liability issues that are not ever addressed. After our first year there was a rent increase, all while constant extreme noise and foul toxic smells coming from new remolding all around us because of a mass exodus of tenants due to rent increases. Upper management seems to care only for perspective tenants, not when you become one. The only thing I could say positive is that there are some great tenants/ neighbors here, but that's no doing of the Apts. that and we feel Norma and Jennifer are really good at what they do, and we feel they genuinely care about what they do. I feel, If this place was any other kind of business it would of been closed a long time ago, due to neglect and a lack of forethought to the people who live here. I have witnessed on several occasions hard core drug sales, prostitution and what has to be under age prostitution, while this is no fault of the Apt. complex I'm sure, it still should be stated, since management have asked me to review the Apt. complex.
Leasing C., Leasing Manager from Sunset View Apartments responded on 07/28/2015

Hello, I would first like to apologize for the issues you are having.. We will be addressing these issues to our management team. Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.

W
Willie
Resident @ Sunset View
Well maintained property,friendly staff & reasonable leases.
Leasing C., Leasing Manager from Sunset View Apartments responded on 06/04/2015

Happy to hear you are enjoying your home at Sunset View Apts

06/04/2015
Big apartments and not much else
I love how large my apartment is, but that's about it. The office doesn't communicate very well and the area is not the best. My car windows have been broken twice while in the parking lot.

B
BILL
06/04/2015
A couple of bumps, but handled quickly
Being the first person to live in something completely redone occasionally finds one catching an oops or two. They were very minor and everything was handled promptly. The real quality shows the most when something goes wrong. The management and staff have been amazing in quickly takikng care of things. I really appreciate it. Of course, the view is amazing every morning when I get up. Wow. I live here.
Leasing C., Leasing Manager from Sunset View Apartments responded on 06/04/2015

We apologize for the small bumbs, but thank you for lettings us rectify them. We are happy to hear you are enjoying your new home and the great view Sunset View has to offer!