Overall Rating 1.75/5rating 1.75rating 1.75rating 1.75rating 1.75

MARCO C.
Nissan Sentra
09/02/2018
Fast service
Friendly and good service took us right in.
Scott G., Manager from Tallman's Tire And Auto Repair responded on 09/04/2018

WELL THANK YOU MARCO, HOPE WE CAN CONTINUE TO SERVE YOU IN THE FUTURE.

TW
Theresa W.
Rome, NY
09/01/2018
Lug nuts
I took my 2013 Escape to the Rome Tallman’s. Needless to say it will be the last time! I dropped my vehicle off yesterday about 4pm. Let’s start with I had to wait almost 10 minutes for Pete to come back up front! I scheduled for a full synthetic oil change, tire rotation and NYS Inspection. I also let him know about a shudder when breaking.
So I call today, Saturday about 11am to check the status. Breaks are ok, oil change done and inspection done, tire rotation done-with the exception of being told they had to use a wrench or something to get my luggage nuts off, no mention of how many or how many tires were a problem! Was told he was waiting for luggage nuts to replace the ones they broke getting off! Fine! Again I had to call for my car at 1pm it was ready, Pete “forgot” to call and tell me it was ready. Fine, go down to get my car and the idiot went ahead and replaced ALL lug nuts on ALL my tires when he may have needed to replace 5! Then the idiot wants to charge me $88 for replacing all 20!!
He never gave me a price or told me he was replacing all of them!!! I told him this and he gives me this song and dance about how the lug nuts were swollen and rusty! Sorry but you didn’t tell me ALL of them were that way, you let me assume it was a few and that you were replacing them without charge to me! I told him I wasn’t paying for them! He proceeds to talk to a mechanic in back to bring my escape back in and to put the old luggage back on. Needless to say I called my husband to come in. Pete attempts to tell my husband the story and my husband told him it was their fault for not torking them correctly in the first place! Pete, thinking he was talking to someone who doesn’t know about cars, again starts his song and dance.
I paid the entire bill BUT, Pete was told in no uncertain terms this would be the last time my car would be brought here for anything and I would make sure not to recommend this location to anyone! Pete tried to tell me how I was a loyal customer (yes I was as I had been going there for about 8 years) and he didn’t want to lose my business! He was told to write up the bill. He continued on, he was told to write up the bill a second time! The bill of $177 and change has been paid, but I WILL NEVER BRING MY CAR THERE AGAIN! I find this store dishonest, money hungry and Pete a poor excuse for a manager! I gave you a second chance after the first issue, now...game over!!!😡
Scott G., Manager from Tallman's Tire And Auto Repair responded on 09/05/2018

THIS ORIGINATED AT ANOTHER LOCATION.
SORRY TO HEAR YOU HAVE HAD AN ISSUE.
THIS HAS BEEN RESOLVED AT THE OTHER LOCATION

JY
JAVIER Y.
Mohawk, NY
Jeep Liberty
07/28/2018
What happened....
I'm sorry to say when I first started with you guys you guys were great I even recommended to family and friends but I've had a vehicle that I give it over to my stepson and I highly recommend you guys and so far he's had nothing but issues with you guys which I'm really quite surprised a little bit disappointed

RZ
RUS Z.
Porsche Boxster
07/25/2018
Good work and great communication
Busy but still manager handled the overflow and booking well. Knowledgeable and respectful
Scott G., Manager from Tallman's Tire And Auto Repair responded on 07/25/2018

Well thank you Rus,  we try to keep the customers cars moving through.
                               scott

DJ
DAN J.
07/20/2018
Excellent service by Scott in Herkimer Tallman tire
Scott, Did an excellent job for us on our Honda CRV. I have been using Tallman tire for years, In Utica. When they came to Herkimer it was lot closer and I started bringing my cars there, I was always happy with the service Al Yaegy provided, and now I am very happy with Scotts service, I reccomend Tallmans as a fair place to fix anything on your car, and they do have the best price on the best tires.
Scott G., Manager from Tallman's Tire And Auto Repair responded on 07/20/2018

Hi Dan, thanks for the great review, glad we have continuted to provide the level of service you've experienced in the past.

AL Y.
07/18/2018
Great Exceptional Service
I want to encourage ALL former customers that I has the privilege of managing while I was the General Manager and Store Manager. Tallmans Tire will always make you the customer number one. Iam retired from the Automotive Service Industry and encourage everyone to call one of the Tallman Tires Stores if you have any questions about your vehicle's needs. THANK YOU

AL Y.
07/18/2018
Great Exceptional Service

MT
MARY T.
07/09/2018
Quick, professional service
I happened upon this car center from a friend's recommendation.
I could not be happier! In fact, I immediately scheduled a return visit with one of our other cars.
Great people to do business with.

donn c.
06/29/2018
tried to rip me off !!!
went in to fix my brakes. thye made up a phoney sotry aobut stuck pistons and it was gonna cost me $1,438 to repair my brakes
I knew this was way out ofline
I then took the car to Mavis who 1. said there was no problem with the pistons and the cost to repair the crunchy barakes (only in the rear as the front was still ok) was $266. buyers be ware !!
Cale T. from Tallman's Tire And Auto Repair responded on 07/05/2018

Hi Donn,

We contacted Mavis to compare our diagnosis to theirs.  They found the piston to be seized also, but used a ball joint press to force the caliper back in.  While this method succeeded in appearing to make our diagnoses look inncorrect, it is not the proper procedure to repair your brakes.  We stand by our diagnoses and recommended method of repair for the longest lasting and safest solution.

RT
RENEE T.
Frankfort, NY
06/27/2018
Made an appointment for a NYS Inspection and oil change! My vehicle was taken in immediately and serviced in a very timely fashion! Mark was very professional and the overall experience was excellent!

Al Y.
03/21/2018
HONEST, AFFORDABLE AND QUALITY
My name is Al Yaghy the former Store Manager. I want to encourage all the customers that I had the privilage of serving to continue patronizing Tallmans Tire. The entire staff that worked under me is still present. The new manager will do just as I did and look out for your best interest. My departure was due to a fatal illness that my dad developed andbI dexisded to take care of him during this difficult time. Tallmans is by far the most honest auto repair facility that I have ever had the opportunity to work for. The Tallman family cares about their customers and also their employees. In today's corporate world that is a quality that is had to come by. Thank you again

SINCERELY
AL YAGHY

GI
GARY I.
03/01/2018
New tire and inspection
Always friendly, fast, efficient. Most places take too long to get into. By the way my car is a 2017 NOT 2014

KV
KEN V.
02/19/2018
Quote way to much
I took Tallman's repair quote to Mavis down the street and they were $149.00 less.So there is no confusion I gave them the print out from Tallman's . There is no way if Al was still working at Tallman's he would have quoted me $149.00 more then the next garage.
Tallman's $783.73 with tax Mavis $635.00 with tax
Long time customer Ken VanOrden
Ian T. from Tallman's Tire And Auto Repair responded on 03/05/2018

Ken, I talked with Al about your visit last week. He has tried to contact you a couple times. Although Al is no longer working with us he has still been active in helping with any customer concerns that may arsise. Please call us back at the shop or Al directly so we can figure out a few missing details. Was the air tube replaced? Often the air tube will only be cleaned during this repair, however it's very common for us to see the same engine codes return in a short time period if the tube is cleaned and not replaced. The reason im asking is the $150 difference in the quote, is also the cost of the air tube. I askeed Al to review the quote we gave you, everything quoted to you matches how he would have given the same quote, we/ and Al my have been able to match or beat a competative price if we are given the option. I appreciate your review and your business. I know we have serviced your vehicles many times over the years, all your other reviews have been positive . I'm sorry you weren't pleased with  this estimate, I hope you will try us for service again in the future.

OF
ORESTE F.
Volkswagen Jetta Sedan
02/18/2018
Prompt service friendly customer contact thank you
Excellent service, mechanics know what their doing and competitive prices. Thank you.

V
Valued Customer
Hyundai Tucson
02/16/2018
My go to place for tires
An issue twice this week with air pressure led me to stop in without an appointment. They took my car in a timely manner and found the problem. It was repaired at a good price and I was on my way.

I would have liked soap and towels in the bathroom.

Mike M.
02/15/2018
NO AL YAGHY MEANS NO CUSTOMERS
I've been going to Tallman for 3 years faithfully because of Al yaghy exclusively. I went in a couple weeks ago and nobody was honest enough to tell me that he left the company. Instead they told me he wasn't there today trying to deceive me so that I would continue to do business. To me that's as dishonest as it gets. I even called and again nobody can be honest enough to tell me he left the company. I'm done with Tallman's and so is everybody else and Herkimer that I known. He was a great guy that helped everybody in any way possible.
Ian T. from Tallman's Tire And Auto Repair responded on 02/15/2018

Mike, thank you for your business over the last three years. With the exception of Al, the reminder of the staff hasn't changed. The technicians who have serviced your vehicle over the years are happy to offer any assistance they can if you choose to visit us again. I have signs posted on the entry door, in the waiting area, and at both sales counters explaining that Al is no longer working for us. I'm glad to hear you had positive experiences with AL, as I know many others did. I hope you will trust this wasn't a hasty decision. We only part ways with an employee when I feel a situation can't be resolved or is to severe to allow their time with us to continue.

AR
ALLAN R.
Frankfort, NY
Suzuki Forenza
02/03/2018
under new management
the new temp manager that was there was very honest with use on what needed to be done and did not tell us that things needed to be done that really did not got us in on a timely matter and had uthe quote of the car very close to what needed to be ddone and infact it ended up being 20 dollars less

MJ
MIKE J.
Mohawk, NY
Nissan Sentra
01/28/2018
oil change
it was done to my satisfaction.will continue to get my services there.

RE
RON E.
01/24/2018
Very well informed about problems found at oil change.
After my oil change I was informed about the fact that my fan belt is worn and battery might need be replaced. These 2 things were not known by me. I appreciate the fact of areas about my daughters car that needs to keep an eye on.

AT
AMANDA T.
Dolgeville, NY
Dodge Journey
01/24/2018
The service at Tallman's is always great! It's hard to find a repair shop that you can rely on and Tallman's is definitely a reliable place. Their willing to work with customers to get their vehicle fixed at an affordable price. I would definitely recommend Tallman's