Overall Rating 1.75/5rating 1.75rating 1.75rating 1.75rating 1.75

Al Y.
Yorkville, NY
03/21/2018
HONEST, AFFORDABLE AND QUALITY
My name is Al Yaghy the former Store Manager. I want to encourage all the customers that I had the privilage of serving to continue patronizing Tallmans Tire. The entire staff that worked under me is still present. The new manager will do just as I did and look out for your best interest. My departure was due to a fatal illness that my dad developed andbI dexisded to take care of him during this difficult time. Tallmans is by far the most honest auto repair facility that I have ever had the opportunity to work for. The Tallman family cares about their customers and also their employees. In today's corporate world that is a quality that is had to come by. Thank you again

SINCERELY
AL YAGHY

GI
GARY I.
03/01/2018
New tire and inspection
Always friendly, fast, efficient. Most places take too long to get into. By the way my car is a 2017 NOT 2014

KV
KEN V.
Little Falls, NY
02/19/2018
Quote way to much
I took Tallman's repair quote to Mavis down the street and they were $149.00 less.So there is no confusion I gave them the print out from Tallman's . There is no way if Al was still working at Tallman's he would have quoted me $149.00 more then the next garage.
Tallman's $783.73 with tax Mavis $635.00 with tax
Long time customer Ken VanOrden
Ian T. from Tallman's Tire And Auto Repair responded on 03/05/2018

Ken, I talked with Al about your visit last week. He has tried to contact you a couple times. Although Al is no longer working with us he has still been active in helping with any customer concerns that may arsise. Please call us back at the shop or Al directly so we can figure out a few missing details. Was the air tube replaced? Often the air tube will only be cleaned during this repair, however it's very common for us to see the same engine codes return in a short time period if the tube is cleaned and not replaced. The reason im asking is the $150 difference in the quote, is also the cost of the air tube. I askeed Al to review the quote we gave you, everything quoted to you matches how he would have given the same quote, we/ and Al my have been able to match or beat a competative price if we are given the option. I appreciate your review and your business. I know we have serviced your vehicles many times over the years, all your other reviews have been positive . I'm sorry you weren't pleased with  this estimate, I hope you will try us for service again in the future.

Volkswagen Jetta Sedan
02/18/2018
Prompt service friendly customer contact thank you
Excellent service, mechanics know what their doing and competitive prices. Thank you.

V
Valued Customer
Hyundai Tucson
02/16/2018
My go to place for tires
An issue twice this week with air pressure led me to stop in without an appointment. They took my car in a timely manner and found the problem. It was repaired at a good price and I was on my way.

I would have liked soap and towels in the bathroom.

Mike M.
02/15/2018
NO AL YAGHY MEANS NO CUSTOMERS
I've been going to Tallman for 3 years faithfully because of Al yaghy exclusively. I went in a couple weeks ago and nobody was honest enough to tell me that he left the company. Instead they told me he wasn't there today trying to deceive me so that I would continue to do business. To me that's as dishonest as it gets. I even called and again nobody can be honest enough to tell me he left the company. I'm done with Tallman's and so is everybody else and Herkimer that I known. He was a great guy that helped everybody in any way possible.
Ian T. from Tallman's Tire And Auto Repair responded on 02/15/2018

Mike, thank you for your business over the last three years. With the exception of Al, the reminder of the staff hasn't changed. The technicians who have serviced your vehicle over the years are happy to offer any assistance they can if you choose to visit us again. I have signs posted on the entry door, in the waiting area, and at both sales counters explaining that Al is no longer working for us. I'm glad to hear you had positive experiences with AL, as I know many others did. I hope you will trust this wasn't a hasty decision. We only part ways with an employee when I feel a situation can't be resolved or is to severe to allow their time with us to continue.

AR
ALLAN R.
Frankfort, NY
Suzuki Forenza
02/03/2018
under new management
the new temp manager that was there was very honest with use on what needed to be done and did not tell us that things needed to be done that really did not got us in on a timely matter and had uthe quote of the car very close to what needed to be ddone and infact it ended up being 20 dollars less

MJ
MIKE J.
Mohawk, NY
Nissan Sentra
01/28/2018
oil change
it was done to my satisfaction.will continue to get my services there.

01/24/2018
Very well informed about problems found at oil change.
After my oil change I was informed about the fact that my fan belt is worn and battery might need be replaced. These 2 things were not known by me. I appreciate the fact of areas about my daughters car that needs to keep an eye on.

AT
AMANDA T.
Dolgeville, NY
Dodge Journey
01/24/2018
The service at Tallman's is always great! It's hard to find a repair shop that you can rely on and Tallman's is definitely a reliable place. Their willing to work with customers to get their vehicle fixed at an affordable price. I would definitely recommend Tallman's

01/19/2018
Awesome service.
I am very happy with the the quick oil change, and the trouble shooting of the problem of with my front tires was excellent.

CHRISTIAN B.
Richfield Springs, NY
Honda Civic Si
01/18/2018
Amazing manger and fast service
The manager there has been nothing but great to me and my sister when getting care done to our vehicles. He got me right in and out. Taking my service here from now on. Very friendly and great guy.
-Christian Brashear

Honda HR-V
01/18/2018
Was treated with respect and courteous.
Al Y., Manager from Tallman's Tire And Auto Repair responded on 01/18/2018

Mr. Ferraro I want to personally thank you for treating myself and my staff with respect as well. I appreciate your business .

JENNIFER H.
Saint Johnsville, NY
Volkswagen Jetta Sedan
Fast and friendly service
I noticed how busy they were and I was reluctant on going there as I had anticipated longer wait time. Not only were they fast and friendly, I also saved a good $30 by going to Tallmans. I will definitely be sure to go there for now on.
Al Y., Manager from Tallman's Tire And Auto Repair responded on 01/18/2018

Well thank you for giving me the opportunity to earn your business. I'm looking forward to seeing you in the future if there is anything that I can do for you.

NM
NOREEN M.
01/16/2018
New All Season tires
I needed to change my appointment due to the bad weather. The business was very accommodating.
Al Y., Manager from Tallman's Tire And Auto Repair responded on 01/16/2018

It was pleasure to meet you Noreen. I'm happy that we were able to accommodate your needs. I look forward to seeing you in the future. We appreciate your business!

01/13/2018
Quick Oil change.
We enjoyed the the ability to drop our vehicle off for an oil change. I was done quickly and at a very good price.
Al Y., Manager from Tallman's Tire And Auto Repair responded on 01/16/2018

Thank you Ron for your business! We appreciate the time you took to give us a review.

DJ
DAN J.
01/05/2018
Al Does a great job in Herkimer
Al Yagey, has always done a great job on my cars.His customer service is second to none I am very happy to have such a good shop down here in the Valley, He has all my business. All the work he has done has been done right , and in a very timely manner. I have been going there for a few years now with anything I need in automotive repair or new tires. I reccomended this shop to all my friends..
Dan J
Al Y., Manager from Tallman's Tire And Auto Repair responded on 01/09/2018

Thank you  Dan for the time you took to write such a heartwarming review. It makes our day when a customer is satisfied. Customer service is my #1 goal. I will always go above and beyond to assure that my customer is 100% satisfied.

01/04/2018
Friendly customer service
Once again thank you for your prompt service. Never a hassle and always understood.
Al Y., Manager from Tallman's Tire And Auto Repair responded on 01/09/2018

Thank you very much Mr. Ferraro for your business. I appreciate your continued loyalty. I look forward to seeing you in the future!

V
Valued Customer
Mohawk, NY
Mercury Mariner
12/28/2017
Always dependable and great job done.
My husband and I have been taking our vehicles to Tallman's in Herkimer since going to several other places. No other garage has given us this kind of great service, professional work and kindness. Tallman's is our #1 place to go for anything and everything that has to do with our vehicles!! A big thank you to Al for always taking the time to explain things to us. No place like Tallman's in Herkimer!!!
Al Y., Manager from Tallman's Tire And Auto Repair responded on 12/28/2017

Thank You very much for your loyalty. We appreciate your business and as you already know you can reach me at anytime day or night if you need help in anyway. Happy Holidays !!

JV
JIM V.
Little Falls, NY
Dodge Journey
12/16/2017
clean and friendly
I called in the morning looking for a good winter tire , I was quoted a good price , I did first do some checking other tire stores and the price where about the same. I spoke to AL the store manager he told me to come down he could get me in quick. They did a great job thank you AL .
Al Y., Manager from Tallman's Tire And Auto Repair responded on 12/26/2017

Thanks Jim for the opportunity to earn your business. Customer service is my #1 priority always.