DJ
DENNIS J.
07/11/2018 Category: Service
diagnosing and fixing an obvious problem
My truck was leaking oil, which while it wasn't a critical problem it really bugged me because my daughter had paid big bucks to a shop in another city to fix it... I took it to the Auto Shop and asked them to find the leak(s) and tell me what needed to be done. You know the funny thing about oil leaks is it may be leaking from one spot but then it blows all over and you think it's leaking from everywhere. A lot of places (including the one in "another city") just say it's leaking from here, here, here and here so we have to fix all of the areas and here is the estimate. The Auto Shop said "we think it's leaking from here, here and here but let's clean it up, fix area #1 first then drive it" and provided an estimate for fix #1. That worked but there was still leaking oil. So they went on to area #2 and did the same thing. In the end, all three areas needed to be fixed but I had the transparency all along the way of knowing what was leaking and that it was addressed. It took a little more time but along the way the found and fixed two unrelated problems. I appreciate their attention and willingness to spend the extra effort to accurately diagnose and fix each problem rather than the "shotgun" approach adopted by others.

JOHN M.
Ford Fiesta
07/11/2018 Category: Service
Timing belt and water pump replacement
I highly recommend this shop for all your automotive needs. Lori was a great help from helping me with the estimate to finishing up the paperwork. The mechanics were knowledgeable and thorough. Great job guys. I will be bringing my cars here in the future.

KK
KIRK K.
Nissan Frontier
07/08/2018 Category: Service
Professional, trustworthy auto repair shop
I have been taking my vehicles to The Auto Shop for around 10 years. I have had different used vehicles with different problems, but The Auto Shop never fails to make the necessary maintenance and repairs in a timely manner at a fair price. Laurie, the friendly service manager, offers me rides to and from work every time. She always makes me feel that I am a valuable customer and my business is appreciated. What more can you ask? Highly recommended.
Jim a., Owner from The Auto Shop responded on 07/20/2018

Kirk; It is a pleasure to serve you. We; at The Auto Shop, appreciate your positive comments. Your comments assist customers who are establishing a relationship with a shop, in auto repair. Wishing you a great summer~Your Friends @ The Auto Shop

BO
BEKI O.
06/30/2018 Category: Service
Personal Customer Service
I have always gotten great personal service. I have never had an issue that wasn't delt with promptly. I have been stranded away from home and Jim made sure my car was fixed and made it home. They make you feel like family.

WH
WILLIAM H.
Exeter, CA
06/29/2018 Category: Service
Excellent service!
Always helpful and reasonable pricing.

Nissan 370Z
06/28/2018 Category: Service
Great service, fast too!

TH
TROY H.
Mazda Tribute
06/13/2018 Category: Service
Great customer service, honest inspections, & fair prices.
After being referred to The Auto Shop by a relative, I took my 2002 Mazda there to have the power steering looked at. I was hoping it was just a small hose leak and wasnt looking to drop $1000 on a car only worth about $2500. I was also planning on selling it ASAP. After the initial diagnostic, the estimate for repair was $900 - $1200. OUCH!! I told them that I couldn't justify spending that much and would just pick the car up in the morning and try to sell it as is, which would have been significantly lower than what the car was worth. Their mechanic callled me back like 30 minutes later and told me he came up with less expensive option since I was just looking to sell it anyways. He figured out a solution that would only cost $300...wow, what a difference! I happily agreed to the proposal and the car was ready for me to pick up the very next day! SInce the repair, there has been no problems and the cars runs great now. I would definiately recommend their service to anyone looking for an honest repair shop.

GD
GAIL D.
06/11/2018 Category: Service
Struts, etc.
Always get great service from Jim and the gang at The Auto Shop!

Steve B.
Volvo S60
06/04/2018 Category: Service
Excellent service, excellent people.
I'd recommend this place to anyone wanting honest, fair, reliable and technically competent mechanics. No two ways about it. They have always done the right thing for me.

JIM G.
Toyota Avalon
06/02/2018 Category: Service
Honesty, Integrity, a long-time friend that I can always count on.
You told me that it would take 1-1/2 days and called around 3:30 the first day to tell me it was ready. So I rushed down to pick it up and forgot that my wife had hidden her purse in the pickup that I was driving. Then I realized that the gas guage light had come on. I was almost home. Needed to pickup my wife and be in Fresno by 5 for an appointment. No cash, no gas, pickup wife in one hour. Made it by the skin of my teeth and got back around 9 to retrieve my pickup. AC works great!!!
Jim a., Owner from The Auto Shop responded on 06/04/2018

Thank You Jim !!  I glad you ac is working and you did not run out of fuel >.  Take care Jim , Lori and Guys..

KL
KARLA L.
Mitsubishi Galant
05/28/2018 Category: Service
They know how to take care of you and your car in well matter fashion. Very polite with great customer service.

Thanks Karla !  Jim

Thanks Hugh !! Jim and Staff

JOEL R.
Mercury Grand Marquis GS
05/26/2018 Category: Service
Always great and courteous service!
Lori!
Jim a., Owner from The Auto Shop responded on 06/04/2018

Joel thanks again.. Jim and staff!

AG
ASHLEY G.
05/02/2018 Category: Service
Great place!
Very fast and friendly service. Great place to take your car!
Jim a., Owner from The Auto Shop responded on 06/04/2018

Thank You Ashely .. Jim and Staff !

JE
JOE E.
04/28/2018 Category: Service
The people
I expect and get competent work and git it every time.

MIKE B.
Volvo V70
04/19/2018 Category: Service
More than satisfied
The work that is necessary is explained to where I feel comfortable.

FB
FRANK S JR. B.
Jeep CJ5
04/17/2018 Category: Service
Good dedicated mechanics.
As always, the best repair shop in town. Shawn H. still the best!

JENNIFER L.
Mazda Protege
04/12/2018 Category: Service
I love this place.
I won’t take my car anywhere else! I get high-quality service that I trust at reasonable prices in a quick amount of time, with excellent customer service. Why would I go anywhere else? I recommend The Auto Shop to everyone I know.

JOEL R.
Mercury Grand Marquis GS
04/10/2018 Category: Service
Lori makrs it great!!!
Lori is the reason I take my car to The Auto Shop!

ROBERT M.
04/10/2018 Category: Service
They go the extra mile to help you with your car issues. Real honest people they don’t try to rip you off like other shops do.