CHRIS H.
Toyota Sequoia
08/13/2020
Came highly recommended by family member
Excellent service and repair. Work completed on time as promised.
Troy T., Owner from Tidwell Auto Service responded on 08/13/2020

Thank you!!  We appreciate your business very much and we hope you will spread the word about our shop.

Mark B.
08/10/2020
Expensive AC issue not resolved
I have been a loyal customer of Tidwell for 30 years, but recently took my out of warranty car to them for AC repair. After two weeks, three compressors and $1400, the AC still was not right. I requested to sit down with Troy and Megan, Troy declined to meet with me and instructed Megan to let me know there are no refunds and in so many words, I'm welcome to go elsewhere. Seems they misdiagnosed the issue and troubleshot the problem on my dime. Their next recommendation was another $1K worth of work, with no guarantees it would fix the issue. I took to dealership to clean up their mess, and $450 later, Infiniti replaced the actuator on the driver side which fixed the issue. Had I gone back here - I would have been out another $1K with the issue still not fixed since the actuator was not their proposed solution. Also - the compressor they replaced was not installed properly with missing oil and no balance on pressures adding to the problem. I am extremely disappointed with Tidwell since I've been loyal all these years. I won't be using them again and as always, I refer friends and family to places who do me right, and also inform them of places who do me wrong.
Troy T., Owner from Tidwell Auto Service responded on 08/11/2020

Mark,
So sorry this happened. After replacing the bad compressor a problem later showed up causing less than optimal cooling.  The Infinity did give us a lot of trouble while we tried hard to pin point the cause. After several hours of failing to find the exact cause we believe it was a good idea to get another opinion which I am happy you did. It just totally stumped us. We had a couple of educated guesses but we didnt want to risk guessing. We work on many different makes of cars with many different A/C systems. All have the same basic components and all have some that are very different from each other. The intriquite workings of the Infinity system did stump us even after much research and effort. I am very happy the Infinity dealership was much more educated than us on the Infinity A/C system and were able to pinpoint the issue and make a repair.  I very much appreciate all the business you have given us over the 30 or so years and I would be happy to reinburse you for the cost at the Infinity dealership. I am also very happy that we were able to serve you for all those years with little issues. Thank you very much for that.

FG
Fred G.
Mc Kinney, TX
Nissan Frontier
08/08/2020 Category: Service
Fred said he is very happy with this facility for the time that he has used them. This is a mom and pops facility, his wife always has her vehicle checked out at this facility and always recommends them.
Troy T., Owner from Tidwell Auto Service responded on 08/10/2020

Thank you so much for taking the time to submit the review of our shop.  We appreciate your business very much.  We strive everyday to be sure all of us here at Tidwell Auto Service provide the very best customer service possible.
Thank you for choosing us over all the other choices. Please help spread the word about our shop.  Thanks.

Chevrolet Captiva Sport Fleet
08/07/2020
EXCELLENT Customer Service!
The people at Tidwell are always honest, knowledgeable & helpful. I always feel that they are telling me the best options for my vehicle. I NEVER feel like they're trying to take advantage of me or cheat me like I do at other places. Their prices are extremely competitive & they ALWAYS accommodate me...I love Tidwell!
Troy T., Owner from Tidwell Auto Service responded on 08/10/2020

Thank you so much for taking the time to submit the review about our shop. We appreciate your business very much and we hope you will spread the word about us. Thanks!!!

Dennis S.
07/31/2020 Category: Service
Dennis said the business provided good service and they were also honest.
Troy T., Owner from Tidwell Auto Service responded on 08/13/2020

Thank you Sir.  We appreciate your business very much.

SUZANNE H.
Chevrolet Camaro
07/24/2020
Great, Honest Service
Tidwell always provides honest, quick and reliable service.
Troy T., Owner from Tidwell Auto Service responded on 07/24/2020

Thank you!!!  We appreciate your business more than you could ever know.  Please help spread the word about our shop.  Thank you so much for choosing our shop over all the others.  Makes me very happy. :)

BILL S.
07/23/2020
Great service, as always!
Not only great service, but this time MUCH faster than expected.
Troy T., Owner from Tidwell Auto Service responded on 07/24/2020

That is good to know. Thank you.  We appreciate your business very much and we appreciate you choosing our shop for your repair needs. Please spread the word about us when you can.

LG
LUCELLE G.
07/23/2020
Great staff and service
Staffs are friendly and knows what they are knowledgeable. They figured out my car problem in less that 30 mins compared to the other auto service I went to. Quick service. Reasonable pricing.
Troy T., Owner from Tidwell Auto Service responded on 07/23/2020

Thank you for taking the time to submit the review of our shop. We appreciate it very much and we appreciate your business very much.

Troy T., Owner from Tidwell Auto Service responded on 07/24/2020

This makes me very happy.  Exactly what we strive to do for our customers everyday. Thank you for submitting the review and thank you for your business.  Please spread the word about our shop.

ZS
Zack S.
07/22/2020 Category: Service
Zack said he had no problems there.

Thank you!!!

RL
ROGER L.
07/21/2020
Always treated fairly and customer friendly
Troy T., Owner from Tidwell Auto Service responded on 07/21/2020

Thank you.  I hope you are able to find a suitable wheel for your truck. Thanks for submitting the review.  We appreciate your business very much.

DANNETTE S.
Little Elm, TX
Mitsubishi Outlander Sport
06/24/2020
Outstanding service
I was very pleased with the fast and excellent service! They were very professional.
Troy T., Owner from Tidwell Auto Service responded on 08/13/2020

Thank  you!!  We appreciate your business very much.

KA
KELSEY A.
Jeep Patriot
06/24/2020
Great Family Service
Would recommend to anyone!
Troy T., Owner from Tidwell Auto Service responded on 08/13/2020

Thank you!!!  We appreciate your business very much and we appreciate you spreading the word about our shop.

AC
Adam C.
MINI Cooper Coupe
06/20/2020 Category: Service
Adam said this business was quick, precise and they didn't overcharge.

RANDAL W.
Lincoln Town Car
06/19/2020
On-line Service Scheduling is Great!
Very pleased with the on-line scheduling system for my recent Oil Change on my 2010 Lincoln Town Car. Great for compliance with Covid-19 safety and handy for my schedule. Happy to do continued service with you as we have done for more than 20 years. Thanks!
Troy T., Owner from Tidwell Auto Service responded on 06/19/2020

Thank you for being a long time customer. We appreciate your business very much and hope you will spread the word about our shop.

ZT
Zach T.
Richardson, TX
06/19/2020 Category: Service
Zach said the staff are amazing, they are honest with their price and they did a good job.
Troy T., Owner from Tidwell Auto Service responded on 06/21/2020

Thank you!!  We appreciate your business very much and ask you to help spread the word about our shop.