University Tire And Auto Center - Ruckersville

Overall Rating 3.48/5Overall Rating 3.48/5Overall Rating 3.48/5rating 3.48rating 3.48

Dan C.
07/21/2018
Poor Customer Service
Good luck getting your vehicle fixed here! Poor service, they don't make appointments, and they are extremely disorganized.

Crystal M.
02/20/2018
Horrible Service and Customer Service.
My father in-law and I was told I needed a flex pipe and Inner tie rod before my car would pass the safety inspection. My father in-law requested an oil change and wheel alignment as well. I made an appointment and dropped off my vehicle at 7:30am, at 3:00pm we dropped by to check the status. Tyler said he was able to save us $200.00 on the muffler work and that car would be ready in a couple of hours. At 3:45 Cody called to ask if they could keep the car overnight, I asked what the problem was? Cody stated everything was done but the safety Inspection. He said 2 of the 3 state inspectors called off sick. I said we would pick up the car and bring it back later for the inspection. When I arrived the car had not had an oil change nor wheel alignment, I was told I needed a new muffler and that the car failed the safety inspection. I asked to pay for services performed, Cody tried to charge for the oil change, wheel alignment, for an outer tie rod and 2 hours labor in addition to the actual work performed. We had to wait 1 1/2 hours to get a rejection sticker put on the car. While waiting i said to my father in-law "something sounds shady", at that point Tyler (who overheard me) started screaming at me that we needed to be understanding because two guys called off sick. He ended up saying "we don't need your business". Tyler did not understand that the under estimate of the extent of exhaust work needed, overcharging for work not performed and miscommunication of the vehicles status had nothing to do with the guys out sick. We took the car to J&P automotive and repairs where made at half the estimate University Tire had given us, additionally they needed to repair pin holes in flex pipe welds done by University Tire. I will not be bring any of my Vehicles back in the future. This place has went down hill. Been bringing my vehicles to University Tire since 2009.

DI
D I.
03/22/2017
EXPENSIVE
I went for an inspection today and they told me they wanted to charge me $80 to clean my left headlamp and $165 to replace my right headlamp and I went online and bought two new headlamps for $73. Needless to say, I failed the inspection because I kind of told them what I thought of their prices. And when I got home I noticed my oil was leaking. I will be having my husband return it, unless I decide to.

Jim D.
12/17/2016
Just not happy
Last week I went in for an oil change,inspection and the check engine light was on. So I get a call from the service writer. Plugs and wires $700, upper intake cleaning $200, replace gasket in tail pipe $300,and best of all Polish my headlight lenses $150 and $100 to hook up to diagnose computer. So I ended up paying $150 for rejection sticker and oil change. Yesterday my daughters car had a blowout so I dropped off the tire and had them put a new tire on the rim. When I got there today I asked it service writer if he could put the tire back on the car. He said sure but it may be a few minutes because he was short handed I said no problem. After more than an hour wait I just got the tire and went home. Last time I will go there

PC
Pissed C.
12/16/2016
Tire repair
Rudest person, Mangers was racist and xenophobic and bigot . I will give them a dime

LO
Lauren O.
Palmyra, VA
10/27/2016
Nope.
They were very nice, yes. And courteous and friendly. While lying through their teeth and trying to rip me off. Patronizing, insulting, and blatantly dishonest. If you do take your car here, be absolutely sure to get a second opinion before making any financial decisions.

HL
happy customer l.
10/22/2014
Friendly and Efficient
I was hesitant to go to a "big name" shop, I usually take my car to a local garage in Madison Co., but I needed an oil change desperately and a friend recommended I go to university tire, I am glad I did, the prices are reasonable and the staff is Very friendly. The young man who helped me out (I believe his name was James), was sweet and humorous to boot! I will be a return customer from now on, keep up the good work!

05/01/2014
service/location
every visit is pleasant, job completed in reasonable amount of time at a fair cost

RJ
RUBY J.
04/30/2014
Close to home, they work with me about getting back home if needed. Love the service .I just needed them here......
The greatest service, and the best customer service

04/26/2014
timelyness
the best thing is convenience, location and car ready for pick up when they say it will be.

LORI B.
04/24/2014
Speedy service
Able to get same day appointment; Nice employees

JAMES P.
Acura TL
04/17/2014
Honesty will keep customers
Telling customers items need to be done or trying to scare them into work due to safety issue is not the way to keep customers or get word of mouth refferals

04/17/2014
price/speed of service
you are close to home and that is a huge plus, always friendly, speed of service and reasonable prices.

ANA M.
04/09/2014
Great place
The staff is always friendly and helpful. Their service is great!!

KG
KAYLA ST G.
Dodge Neon
04/08/2014
Great Service, Fair price
They were kind and fast. I felt like I paid a fair price and I wasn't taken advatnage of.

MF
MARY F.
03/29/2014
Quick, outstanding service.
I scheduled my vehicle for the next day. I ended up with more work needed to improve sluggishness, etc. and had my car back in the same day.

MELISSA C.
Kia Soul
03/21/2014
great location
great people, great service.

JOSH P.
Nissan Maxima
03/20/2014
Very courteous and professional
Oney the manager provides excellent service

PH
PEGGY H.
Fork Union, VA
01/23/2014
Knowledgeable people
Very good service. Staff seems to know what they are doing. I've traded with you for around 15 years so that should say something.

DOUG G.