Village at Overlake Station

Overall Rating 4.13/5Overall Rating 4.13/5Overall Rating 4.13/5Overall Rating 4.13/5rating 4.13

Latest Review about 2 months ago

SQ
Susie Q.
Redmond, WA
04/03/2018
🐜 Antz the Movie filmed here
What a dump. The construction going on next door is a decade long and going strong. Deafening. The pounding construction can be heard seven days a week and I’m the furthest building away.

Ants just galore. In the kitchen, in the carpet, in the bathroom. You think it’s okay until you see one doing the backstroke in your glass of water. They spray and spray but no go away. Gross!!!

Management is hideous in paperwork. Incompetence is rampant. I have learned to get copies of everything I sign. Everything. They will tell you something that is false. They want you to retroactively sign things. I don’t do it. The day you give it to me is the date I put on it. Period.

Kids scream and ride their big wheels and razor scooter and bikes through the courtyard. It echoes thru the whole complex. Just when you think you get a break from the constructions. The raptors flock in the walkway. It’s for people, not wheels of any kind. They have rules like no wheels, but never enforce anything.

It’s teally a joke, but cheap.

CD
Caren D.
Redmond, WA
12/14/2017
Horrible Place to Live - Disregard Fake Reviews Written by Staff
Don't pay any mind to the fake reviews that this complex writes for themselves. take note of the date of all other logged reviews. seem fishy to you?

I lived at this horrible apartment complex from 2015-2017 as a single tenant in a 1bdrm unit. Here are the major issues that go hand in hand with living here:

-poor construction. my unit had a main water line pipe or something running right down the side of my wall. deafening sound whenever anyone above me ran a shower, did dishes which was basically constant. I would be woken up by this sound even while sleeping. It was so load that I could not hear my own TV over it when at a reasonable volume.
-bug problems. ant infestation coming in from the unit above me. gross, and a constant issue. maintenance came in and sprayed some bug spray once that did basically nothing. I was forced to buy a caulking gun and take the matter into my own hands. very disappointing.
-security deposit theft. when moving out, the management had a maintenance guy do a move out inspection, which I was present for. During this check, he seemed to indicate everything looked good, as he walked through the unit nodding his head in approval. I inquired and he said "looks good". when time came to give me my deposit check (which was delayed many times over), they had made up many reasons to steal my deposit money, including a repainting of the apartment, a new bath tub, even a preexisting crack on the side of the refrigerator and scratches in the sink. yes, *scratches in the sink* were noted, along with many other made up line items. These corporate thieves will make up any and every excuse to extort money from you.
-horrible water quality. water would could out almost *grey* in color. completely disgusting, even after running through a Brita filter. Never did it improve over the course of 2 years.
-paper thin walls. I could hear my neighbors conversations, kids running around, smell whatever they cooked (absolutely disgusting), you name it. My upstairs neighbors rattled my entire unit when they walked around. Every morning, the central ventilation system produced a high pitched whining noise that could be distinctly heard (large fan vents outside near the unit I rented). Never was there peace and quiet in this poorly constructed building.
-"secured" entrance, but non-residents roam the halls and piggy back into the complex easily. very unsafe.
-if your rent is even 1 hour late, they will charge you almost 100 dollars in fees and put a notice to evict on your door. they even make you pay a clerical fee for their inept staff to print a document. After 1 year of perfect payment history using their payment portal for auto bill pay, it expired- there was no notice or warning, it just happens after 1 year of using this service. the management team was unwilling to work with me in getting the ~100 dollar late fee reimbursed even after explaining what happened. They seem completely confused about the inner workings of their own payment system. most likely by choice, so they can steal more money in the form of ~100 dollar late fees.

in summary, I would avoid this apartment complex at all costs. although the rent seems decent, once you get into the unit and start living in it, you will completely regret it. I found myself wanting to spend all my free time away from my unit because of all the problems listed above. Easily the worst apartment I have ever rented. You have been warned

Rubina S.
01/27/2015
Facilities and security
Facility and security

Debra P.
01/19/2015
People are friendly, I feel more secure than in other apartments, near multiple bus stops
I like the new floor in the elevators and room just outside the elevator. I like that the hallway carpet is kept clean. I like my neighbors. I like the people in the office. I like that things are fixed in a relatively good time frame when the order goes in. I like that there are extra security features that many other apt. complexes don't have - electronic key card and contracted security patrol. I like that Redmond police also come now and then. I like that I don't see or hear of a lot of need for police activity. I like the coffee and donuts on Friday mornings. I like the use of a computer in the lobby - even if it is for only 15 minutes at a time. I like that the rent is lower than many other places. I like that it's quiet. I don't like that I need to put in an order to clean the north stairway in the A building; that should be done more often without my having to say so. I don't like that I have to show my finances once a year or have apt. inspections, but I do like that other residents have apt. inspections. I'm glad the number of inspections have decreased, and warning time given to clean has increased. I don't like that we can no longer check out the lobby for social gatherings. I don't like that the security cameras in the garage don't work and that there aren't any in the elevators to stop those people scratching graffiti on the elevator walls. I don't like that the washer and dryer refund buttons don't work and that sometimes they are too full to accept my coins but then don't give back the ones I put in. I don't like that there is standing water in the dishwasher I use as a drying rack & am told 'that's normal' when I know it's not a good thing. I have to work to clean the mold in there and soak up the water now and then. I don't like the full-time student rule. I don't like that the no smoking rule doesn't include no smoking within 25 feet of any of the two entrances to the apt. complex - I walk and must pass safe smoking spots upon exiting and entering the complex. I'm a little concerned about hacking and burglary - how safe are the office files and computer concerning my financial info.? I would recommend this business to a friend but would also warn about the full-time student rule, no check out for social gatherings in lobby to check out, inspections, showing financial papers and smokers within 25 feet of entrances.

Shey S.
01/18/2015
Love living in this community
This is our home, im a single mother of two, and this community is awesome. Its safe ,and peaceful .management ROCKS! they are very kind.

BW
Brynna W.
01/18/2015
reasonable
this is a very nice place to live, there are regular apartment troubles but this place deals with it in a professional manner. the people living here are very nice and keep to themselves. i feel very comfortable living here.

Tina B.
01/17/2015
A great place in a wonderful location
I have lived here nine plus years and I love it. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The maintenance team is always on top of things and repair needs are taken care of the same day , or if that is absolutely not possible the next. The area we are living in is convenient even if you don't own a car. the people that live here are nice and very diverse. I think it's a great fun place to live at.

MQ
Michael Q.
01/16/2015
Location, location, location
Friendly staff, well kept grounds.

SK
Sam K.
Quiet and Cozy
This apartment is perfect for moving out and is prime real estate

Madelyn R.
everything
The location, the rent is cheaper, is quiet and peaceful is great i love living here is perfect.

MK
Mary K.
01/15/2015
I have what I need here and near
I have lived in 2 apartments and came here the first year open. The staff right now is the best ever and they are wonderful.

SO
Sassawan O.
Inexpensive
Laundry room need to be clean

FL
Farzane L.
Village at Overlake Station apt
this is a good. clean apartment to live.

Svetlana S.
01/15/2015
clean, great location, good management
Very nice place to live in. Great location, pleasant management.

Mike M.
01/15/2015
The staff, location, and tenents.
This is the apartment complex I have been looking for all my life. I can`t imagine anyplace better than The Village at Overlake Station. The staff, the parking facilities, and all the friendly people living here are amazing. Do I recommend it? I absolutely do.