White Bear Lake Superstore

Cody R.
Anoka, MN
04/28/2018
Horrible !!
Horrible experience. Salesman knew absolutely nothing. Did not even know how to run his computer, he was asking me questions about his system. Did not know how a lease trade in worked, I had to explain that to him as well. He took my info and disappeared for 3 hours, only coming back once to get more info from me. All of a sudden the finance guy came out and said let’s go sign paperwork? Never saw the salesman again, didn’t know what deal they put together, didn’t know what any of the numbers were, nothing. Absolutely horrible experience. I absolutely should have walked away but it was the exact truck I was looking for. I was planning on taking my old tonneau cover off and Weather Tech mats out of my old truck. Signed paperwork and went to take those to sell for some cash and they came out and said “you can’t take that, it was part of the deal”. I was so furious and not thinking straight that I just left. And to top it all off... my check engine light came on already and I can’t get ahold of anyone at the dealership. Oh and it’s been 2 weeks and the title is still not in my name. Been to the DMV twice and they said call the dealership. The dealership gave me the end around and said “it was dropped off at the licensing center”. Just an absolutely horrible experience here. I definitely did a couple things wrong and would do them differently next time, learn some things that’s for sure. DO NOT GO HERE !! You will regret it! Oh and I dealt with Bruce as well, he was worthless. And I bought a DENALI !! Must not have been good enough for him?

UPDATE AFTER THIS REVIEW:

The sales manager called me and offered a $200 compensation to remove my reviews. That does not even pay for the WeatherTech floor mats I left in the truck. I emailed back and countered with $600, seemed like a very fair number considering all the items they strong armed me into leaving on my old truck that I did not see accounted into my deal. It has been 3 weeks and I have not heard back from the manager after multiple emails. This is just a horrible place to do business. I bought a truck that is a year and a half old from them and I already have another check engine light on and it will be a $700 fix that I need to pay for. Thanks White Bear Lake Superstore for your wonderful vehicle you sold me and the horrible experience you give your customers.

LN
Lisa N.
Saint Paul, MN
04/08/2018
HORRIBLE Customer Service! Treated rudely & disrespectfully!
I went to this dealership with intention to purchase a truck for my 17 year old son. Planning on spending $15-$17K, Bruce (sales person)was so rude, condescending, and disrespectful to me, as a women. He made several snide comments to me stating "You obviously don't know what you're talking about" and "You obviously haven't shopped for trucks before." He would not speak directly to me, he insisted upon speaking to the male I had with me, even though "I" was the one buying the truck. There were a few cosmetic things in the truck I asked about fixing ie: cap on the USB and the center console was broken. He said, "What do you think? It's a new truck? It's used! If you had been in any Chevy trucks before, you would know those caps are all broken," and laughed at me. I stated that if he wasn't even willing to discuss the possibility of fixing them, or costs involved to do so, I most likely wouldn't be interest in moving forward with purchasing the vehicle. He mumbled that "I wasted his time" and said "good-luck finding a nicer vehicle anywhere else"... huffed at me and left. Shortly after, I called to speak with a Manger. I spoke with Morrie (Sales Manager). At that moment, he "seemed" apologetic and stated he was embarrassed by Bruce's behavior. He said I could deal with him directly if I would still interested in purchasing the truck. He said he would call me in the am and let me know if those items could be fixed (cap and center council). He called the next day and said he could fix them for me if I was willing to pay the listed, full price for truck. I asked for Carfax and info on the maintenance they did on the truck, as Bruce didn't answer me when I asked him about those items. Morrie sent me a text with that information. I responded to that text and committed to buying the truck and stated I would pay full price as we discussed. He responded and I quote: "I'll call you in a few min but there is someone here now looking at it". "It is being test driven now and may be sold. I will find out shortly". He called me and told me the folks that took it out for a test drive when he received my text (committing to buying the truck) decided to buy it when they returned. He never attempted to inform them, I was purchasing the vehicle or offer the option to them, should the deal with me fall through, they could purchase. He did NOTHING! This was a disgusting move... As if my interaction with this dealership wasn't disappointing enough, Morrie didn't even give me the courtesy of a call to allow me to immediately come down to fill out the paperwork to purchase... or, offer the option of using a credit card to hold the truck (good-faith) for the 10 min it would take me to make it to the dealership to purchase. HORRIBLE customer service, they do NOT put the customer 1st, nor care about doing the right thing. Disgusting all around!!! I wish I would have read the customer reviews prior to even looking at trucks there... I would not have even considered a dealership who is so disrespectful to women and people in general, they ONLY care about making a quick sale. These are the type of smarmy sales people to give used car sales people the bad reputation. I know there are a lot of good used sales people out there, but I did NOT encounter ANY at this dealership!!! I STRONGLY SUGGEST YOU THINK TWICE BEFORE GOING THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LN
Lisa N.
Grasston, MN
04/07/2018
HORRIBLE Customer Service! Treated horribly!
I went to this dealership with intention to purchase a truck for my 17 year old son. Planning on spending $15-$17K, Bruce (sales person)was so rude, condescending, and disrespectful to me, as a female. He made several snide comments to me stating "You obviously don't know what you're talking about" and "You obviously haven't shopped for trucks before". He would not speak directly to me, he insisted upon speaking to the male I had with me, even though "I" was the one buying the truck. There were a few cosmetic things in the truck I asked about fixing ie: cap on the USB and the center console was broken. He said, "What do you think, its a new truck? Its used. If you had been in any Chevy trucks before, you would know those caps are all broken" and laughed at me. I stated that if he wasn't even willing to discuss the possibility of fixing them, or costs involved to do so, I most likely wouldn't be interest in moving forward with purchasing the vehicle. He mumbled that "I wasted his time" and said "good-luck finding a nicer vehicle anywhere else"... huffed at me and left. Shortly after, I called to speak with a Manger. I spoke with Maury. He seemed apologetic and stated he was embarrassed by Bruce's behavior. He said I could deal with him directly if I would still interested in purchasing the truck. He said he would call me in the am and let me know if those items could be fixed (cap and center council). He called and said he could fix them for me if I was willing to pay the listed, full price for truck. I asked for Carfax and info on the maintenance they did on the truck, as Bruce didn't answer me when I asked him about those items. Maury sent me a text with that information. I responded to that text and said I will buy the truck and pay full price as discussed. He responded, "I'll call you in a few min but there is someone here now looking at it'. "It is being test driven now and may be sold. I will find out shortly". He called me and told me the folks that took it out for a test drive when he received my text (committing to buying the truck) decided to buy it when they returned. This was a disgusting move. As if my interaction with this dealership wasn't disappointing enough, Maury didn't even give me the courtesy of a call to allow me to immediately come down to fill out the paperwork to purchase... or, give them a credit card to hold it for the 10 min it would take me to make it to the dealership to purchase. HORRIBLE customer service, they do NOT put the customer 1st, nor care about doing the right thing. Disgusting all around!!! I wish I would have read the customer reviews prior to even looking at trucks there... I would not have even considered a dealership who is so disrespectful, uncaring and poor customer service!!! THINK TWICE BEFORE YOU GOING THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shaun M.
11/15/2012
Pathetic!!!!
The service department is awesome. Jerry and Lonnie have always been straight shooters who I've enjoyed speaking with over the years. That said, if you purchase a vehicle at the White Bear Lake Superstore, it would behoove you to read every line of whatever you sign. I entered Kevin Schafer's office detailing and desiring a 5 year 100,000 mile warranty. What he gave me was a wrapped warranty. Basically it's for people who drive excessive miles in a short period, which I do not! He even admitted such a warranty was not applied to those who drive like I do. My vehicle is now not covered, it's just over 70,000 miles, and anyone with experience with Pontiac vehicles knows that serious electronic issues happen from about $75,000 to $100,000 miles. In the end, I ended up paying for 2 years of a warranty that covered my vehicle when someone else owned it. Top that off with the owner who offered me a $100 olive branch for my pains! LOL, I just paid $300 for a door core replacement! One thing is for certain, reading is a lost art! Trust no one, specifically people in sales who embody everything wrong with our country! Clearly, if one walks into the finance office at the White Bear Lake Superstore, one should not assume that what they describe and desire will be what is put on paper.

RV
Ron V.
Bemidji, MN
05/24/2012
Satisfied Customer
I purchased a used Suburban today at a fair price and just got back to Bemidji. The vehicle drove great and I am very satisfied with it and the entire transaction. The vehicle including the engine were detailed and I could hardly believe how good it looked when I got there. Thanks to the salesman, Max Otto.
John B. from White Bear Lake Superstore responded on 05/31/2012

Richard W.
Pontiac Vibe
02/22/2012 Category: Service
2009 Vibe service review
Very good 'customer relations" and service
results !

02/13/2012 Category: Service
service
ok
John B. from White Bear Lake Superstore responded on 02/14/2012
We thank you for your comment Victoria and appreciate your business.

AW

George S.
Maplewood, MN
GMC Sierra 1500 Pickup
Trusted Service Department
I have been coming to the Super Store for thirty year or more. I have come to trust the people, from Bob Lund in Sells to Louie the shuttle Driver. My biggest trust comes from Lonnie & Jens in the service Dept. Their honesty and help when needed is great. Great STORE

Joann B.
Buick LaCrosse
fluids change
pleasant and prompt

Rosemary C.
Buick Park Avenue
Lonnie/auto repair
Very accommodating and fine srvice

Mike H.

Joseph S.
Minneapolis, MN
GMC Sierra 3500 Pickup
service ok
I liked there service, saleman Jens was very good, i was planning to return but they keep bombbarding me with emails, phone calls, questionaires, wanting feedback, set up next appt.. here is some feedback. If I come back for service, you did a good job the first time. If you used as much effort and resources on the service itself, and not the post service customer service bs, maybe you wouldn't have to charge so much, you would get more 1st time and repeat customers. there is my review, now please stop calling, and emailing me everyday!
John B. from White Bear Lake Superstore responded on 02/18/2012
Mr. Schumann, We apologize for your experience with our follow-up system at White Bear Lake Superstore. Your feedback is very important to us and we’re listening. Our goal is 100% customer satisfaction, and that includes follow-up. After analyzing your experience, we are making important adjustments to our entire follow-up system. Jens Christiansen thanks you for your comments on your service and appreciates your business. Thank you, White Bear Lake Superstore

Scott S.

TG
Timothy G.
Mahtomedi, MN
Tire replacement
They gave me options for my vehicle and let me decide the course of action.

Carol S.