Latest Review about 1 year ago

Cindy S.
Edwardsburg, MI
10/02/2017
Wonderful
Both of my special needs boys graduated from this school. They worked hard to make sure that the boys schooling was appropriate to their needs. All the staff are helpful and friendly. I would recommend this program. For everyone.

CL
Carlton L.
Sheboygan, WI
07/16/2017
Great choice for our family!
I come from a family of teachers. When the system in our community was failing our family, we sought out a structured system. Zion gave us that, testing, a record keeping system, all there. I highly recommend them. Faith based, focused on your student and accredited.

AW
Angela W.
Knoxville, TN
06/07/2017
Changed my child's life
I absolutely loved the people. The program was great. It helped my child tremendously. He now has a future. I recommend this program to any parent.

FC
F C.
Las Vegas, NV
04/05/2017
Choose another Faith based program with faculty that have Christian Values
A friend and myself were looking for conservative faith based home schooling programs for our children. Zion looked interesting for our children. The curriculum is repetitive and hard to keep a child interested in all subjects, especially when you have to do pages and pages of long division. I think they get it after a few. The Social Studies and Science were the better of the books. It is pretty shocking when you as the parent receive the test scores back for math(that you yourself have checked) and it is a failing grade. When you ask the company why they say the problems were not checked. Really? There were no clear instructions on checking every problem. When you know your child has grasped the material and then they get an F? And if you ask for a copy of any test you are told "We have over a thousand students, no you may not have a copy." The main person running this show is so condescending and talks to you, the parent, like your an idiot. Pastor Lindsay is quite disrespectful and maybe has too much of a work load. For a Christian based, Faith based program, they are lacking on Christian ethics. My friend bowed out at the end of last school year(she wasn't charged). I decided to give my son a little more time at home, but the next F and condescending phone call with Pastor Lindsay and I had had it. So I bowed out. And now they are trying to charge me an exit fee of hundreds of dollars when there is no agreement I would pay anything if I ever wanted to exit. I am my son's teacher and I have the right to choose another program if I like. BUYER BEWARE. There are so many other good Faith based programs out there. I would advise on NOT doing this one. I will keep praying for Pastor Lindsay though, to remember kindness, patience, and good leadership. She needs it.
Mikki Y., Director of Operations from Zion Academy of America responded on 04/06/2017

We encourage every parent to read their signed School Agreement for the complete understanding of our cover school program, financial agreement, and school functions. Our curriculum is published by Christian educational professionals who have proven themselves for over 50 years. The curriculum is a proven program with the focus on mastery of concepts. While learning new concepts, students must follow directions when solving problems. The repetition in math ensures a mastery of learning. It is ‘old school back to basics’ kind of learning. Students are taught to ‘check’ their work by using the reverse method of math. (i.e. to check subtraction, use addition)

Pastor Lindsey has been our School Administrator and School Pastor for over 30 years and has a deep commitment to newly learning homeschooling parents. She has been faithful in teaching adults and children for 50 years in both Church and School. We who know her, know her heart is to bring back academics to our school system and to teach new parents how to educated their children. Those who are ready to learn and respect authority will learn much from her.

We acknowledge every parent has the right to choose how they wish to homeschool or educate their child. Private school is quite different than the public school with a higher level of learning and expectation. So, if you are looking for structure and accountability with a ‘stay on track’ program, then Zion Academy is a good fit for you.

Let’s make AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!

M R.
Fort Myers, FL
12/05/2016
Think twice this is only part of what happened to our family !
Our family had a tragedy during the first semester and I had some concerns with their curriculum and materials we never received. When questioned we were penalized and terminated from the school. I had prepaid the year in advance and refused to give my son credit for 3/4 of his first semester so he has to repeat fourth grade. It was recommended that my son returns to public school where there are no late fees since our family went through a horrible tragedy and lost everything during this time they were heartless and. Rude would not return calls etc. Be very careful before trusting this school. They are quick to terminate and ridicule . They are far from being christians ! I owed 3-$50 late fees because we s had s hurricane in Florida and the mail was late , and the late two sets of work were stuck in a pile of belongings that were covered in toxic mold and couldn't be mailed on time. They refused to work with a payment plan and kicked my son out of school . wow !! Is all I can say and good luck if you enroll !

Jonita H.
Lampasas, TX
11/03/2016
Zion Academy is a true God send
Zion has helped my daughter in her struggle to complete 9th grade
Mikki Y., Director of Operations from Zion Academy of America responded on 11/14/2016

Hi Jonita,

Thank you so much for the fantastic review. We appreciate your family and look forward to serving you in the future. Again, we  thank you.

Mikki Young
Director of Operations
425-640-3311

Shae B.
Jemison, AL
10/28/2015
Christian based and very organized material
My daughter has chosen Zion for her high school completion. There isn't the extra credit to make sure you pass. You actually learn the program and know you are progressing as you should. Thank you Pastor Lindsey, Mikki and all of the staff. Although I think late fees should be a little more leanient I know you have to set charges.

Karla S.
Naperville, IL
Highly Recommended
This was the best solution for my son. He went from D's and F's to A's and B's... I would recommend this program to anyone.

Tammy S.
Anna, TX
Wholesome
The school is a great way to spend time with your child and structure their learning based on wholesome material.

Mary Louise L.
Hattiesburg, MS
09/09/2014
Serve my needs
Good religious based school. No overcrowded classrooms. great 1on1 opportunity for learning.

HY
Harvel Y.
Gakona, AK
08/12/2014
I am completely satisfied with Zion Academy. I wish Anna and I could meet you all in person.

Robin G.
Paron, AR
08/11/2014
Gets back to the basics of learning.
Absolutely love that the student learns what they need to know. It is very easily understood for student and parent/teacher. Would definitely recommend to others.

Kathy M.
Indianapolis, IN
08/11/2014
Being able to contact a person for assistance.
I feel Zion Acadamy has met our educational needs for our grandsons.

GS
Glenda S.
Winston-Salem, NC
08/09/2014
Great School
My son has been with ZAA since middle school, now in his third year of high school, this has been one of the most amazing experiences for our family. The staff is wonderful. They are always a call away. They provide helpful tips to ensure the student succeeds academically. Truly, this has been a positive experience for the entire family. We thank God for ZAA!

LH
Larita H.
Berryville, AR
08/09/2014
Convenient, affordable, staff has been great to work with.
Program is well organized, user friendly, affordable, great curriculum, staff has always been easy to contact and very friendly... I have recommended this program to others...

VB
Vicki B.
Pursglove, WV
08/08/2014
Zion allows children to work on the true level they are on
This was the best decision I ever made by choosing Zion Academy. My kids love the program and so do I. I feel they have learned so much more with Zion compared to our public school system.

Cindy S.
Edwardsburg, MI
08/08/2014
The support and care they give.
I like that the child is allowed to work at their own level. That their education is designed around them.

AP
Adell P.
Chicago, IL
Very Pleased!
A very great school for your child to learn I'm pleased with the quality of studies and also Christian education.

TD
Tonia D.
Marietta, GA
08/08/2014
Love that my child can work at her own pace..
My daughter have been enrolled at the school for about 8 years and we have enjoyed it. We took her out when we moved to a state with free homeschool and was highly disappointed in the school. The old saying free is not always better was so true in this case. So we are back at Zion and the school has been great helping her play catch-up so she will have all the credits she needs to graduate. The staff is very attentive and if I call or email with questions they reply back that day or the next. I recommend this school to every family that I speak with that is interested in home schooling there child.