Aspen Auto Clinic - Littleton

Review Created: 08/30/2015 10:22 PM
Recommended?
Improvement
Aspen redeem themselves
I was contacted by head office and had a lovely conversation. I felt like i was heard and the resolution offered was very generous. I will be returning to AAC to give them another chance.
Recommended?
Aweful experience, not sure what happened to the excellent level of service I am used to here!
After a rocky start on my first visit AAC asked to have a chance to show me the difference they offer since then I have been very happy. I have been going to AAC for a few years now and have had work done on four different vehicles and have always been very satisfied with the level of service and the techs knowledge.
Unfortunately, my last two visits have been sub par and frankly irritating. I have been going to the Littleton location and it was that time again to get an oil change on both our vehicles. I took in our Hyundai first for an oil change and rotation. That visit went without a hitch but I did notice that the up keep of the waiting areas had slipped and was no to the same standard I was used to seeing. There was also a new manager who was a little more aggressive in his diagnosis giving but none the less the work was done and the visit appeared to be a good one.
I then returned with our Kia to get an oil change and tire rotation, the vehicle was also being inspected for an electrical fault. Those three things took about an hour and half, the tech was not able to isolate the electrical fault and needed more time so a diagnostic session was suggested, this makes total sense and I had no issue with it. While the rotation was done the tech noted that the brakes were very low and I was quoted a price to put new brakes on, this was a good price as usual and I agreed. unfortunately, for whatever reason, this took an unusually long time and it was just before one o'clock before I left with the vehicle, I had arrived at 08:30 that morning. I was a little disappointed at how long it had taken but left to try and salvage whatever was left if the day.
I then noticed that the steering wheel was vibrating violently. I turned around and went back, Alix, at the front desk was very helpful and apologized. They took the car back and I was informed by Alix that the balance was out and they would rectify it. I was then approached a minute or so later by, David, the new manager and told that the balance was bad and that they were going to rotate the tires back and I wouldn't feel the unbalancing as bad, or hat for $39.99 I could get the wheels balanced. I was in aware that when the wheels were rotated that they weren't balanced as part of that, a service I have come to expect at discount tire. I saw no point in rotating the wheels back as it completely voided the point of rotating in the first place, so reluctantly I said for AAC to balance the wheels because I was frustrated at being there so long and I just wanted to get the car safe for my fiancée and our child.
Luckily when I collected the car, again, Alix told me that there would be no charge for the balancing, as she had seen me sit there for over six hours that day.
I thought that was the end of a bad day for them and me and put it down to that. It was on the next day when I took my Hyundai to get new tires at discount tire that I found out that the lock nut key had not been returned to the car from the rotation a few days before. I called AAC and Alix apologized and said that I should have discount tire take the lock nuts off and that AAC would get a new key for me. I called Hyundai and they said to bring in the lock nuts and they will see if they still do the key. Discount tire warned that the tool used to take the lock nuts off may damage the nuts, I had already paid for the tires and was not going to waste anymore of my time on car issues created by AAC. Inevitable I found that the lock nuts were damaged by having to remove them without the key.
When I got to the Hyundai garage the next day, they tried the replacement keys on the nuts but it would not work due to damage, also the nuts that had looked new now we're very visibly damaged from removal. I called AAC and told them that I needed to get a new set of locknuts due to damaged sustained because I no longer had the key and was to I would be contacted in a few minutes about if AAC could purchase them for me. I had someone waiting to drive me home and as stated before had wasted enough time already on cars because of AAC. I purchased the locknuts myself at a cost of $44 and have still not heard anything from AAC about payment of the replacement costs.
I am saddened as I really thought I had found a mechanics that could be trusted and always wanted to exceed expectations but over the last five days I have wasted at least one whole work day and am now out of pocket for almost $50 because of a mistake AAC made and I do not feel that I have been taken care of or that I am even a concern for the Littleton location, it is that reason I have taken to writing a review explaining my very bad experience.
I hope the next time I am writing a review it is positive one. I will no longer be going to the Littleton location and will give the centennial location one more chance.
Matthew Plumb.
Vehicle: Kia Spectra
Service Date: 08/26/2015
Review Created: 08/28/2015 09:20 AM
Robbie K. at Aspen Auto Clinic - Littleton responded on 08/28/2015

Thank you for taking the time to send us a detailed account of your most recent visit to Aspen Auto Clinic.  All reviews we received are valuable to us and used to make improvements or adjustments where necessary.

We apologize for not giving you the excellent experience you deserve and appreciate you taking the call from our Customer Relations Manager to resolve this issue with you.  We appreciate you allowing us the opportunity to make things right and another chance to give you the proper Aspen experience.

Respectfully,
  Robbie Kirkland
  Marketing/Media/Public Relations

Tried out an oil change
I replied to a mailer that Aspen Auto sent out, and I was pleased with their service, willingness to explain and actually show me the issues on my car that needed attention.

They have a large service bay area that is hidden from parking lot view, so don't let initial appearances fool you. Prices are fair, and the waiting room is comfortable.
Vehicle: Toyota Camry
Service Date: 08/25/2015
Review Created: 08/27/2015 11:54 AM
Scott said everything went fine at the business.
Vehicle: Acura MDX
Service Date: 08/20/2015
Review Created: 08/25/2015
Haley said she was happy with the service.
Vehicle: Suzuki Grand Vitara
Vehicle: Ford Escape
Service Date: 08/19/2015
Review Created: 08/21/2015 05:32 PM
Took longer than expected
I arrived for my scheduled oil change appointment and I was told approximately one hour, so I decided not to walk home & to wait. Bad idea! After TWO hours my oil change was finished. I will be dropping my vehicle off from now on. My first disappointment with Aspen Auto.
Vehicle: Kia Sportage
Service Date: 08/12/2015
Review Created: 08/17/2015 02:59 PM
Nice to work with, but did not fix my car's problem
My car still vibrates/shakes at 55mph+ exactly how it did before I paid 1800 for new suspension etc.
Vehicle: Toyota 4Runner
Service Date: 08/11/2015
Review Created: 08/13/2015 08:06 AM
Frank said this business found an issues with his vehicle that was covered under his warranty. He was able to take it back to the dealerships and had it repaired for free.
Vehicle: Lexus RX 350
Service Date: 08/06/2015
Review Created: 08/12/2015
Rick said the staff at this business were knowledgeable and honest. He was satisfied with the way the staff at this business treated his wife and told her exactly what was wrong with the vehicle.
Vehicle: Dodge Durango
Service Date: 08/03/2015
Review Created: 08/10/2015
Friendly
Super friendly as soon as you walk in the door, felt completely comfortable letting them work on my car!
Vehicle: Volkswagen Jetta
Service Date: 08/05/2015
Review Created: 08/07/2015 04:00 PM
Terisa said this business did everything asked and they were nice.
Vehicle: Nissan Pathfinder
Service Date: 07/31/2015
Review Created: 08/05/2015
Was a great place, but won't go back anymore
I loved Aspen and was so glad to have found a service provider that I felt was honest and reasonably priced. I have taken my car there for services needs over the past three years, so I am sadly disappointed that after my last repair there I will be looking for a new service provider. I had charges on my bill for a diagnostic testing to " figure out the problem" $49.99- when I told them exactly what was wrong because this has happened to my car 2 other times- looking back all my previous invoices I had never been charged this fee before. I was also floored at the price they charged me for labor. This figure was almost twice the price of any other service work I had done prior. I was shocked because the front desk man told me this fix took about 20 mins to do. My last visit there was to have my alternator changed and the labor on this fix was almost $ 100 less for what we seem a much more time intensive job.
So now feeling like " they saw me coming" I will not be servicing my vehicle with them any longer. I was also charged more than double the price from my 1st oil change to my last one I just had done. It was a great place, but lost my business.
Vehicle: BMW X5
Service Date: 07/22/2015
Review Created: 08/03/2015 12:27 PM
I went in for an oil change and tire rotation. My car now has service engine soon and I'm leaving on vacation. Now I need to rent a vehicle to go. I'm not happy.
Very dissatisfied. But I will give the service staff a good score they are very friendly.
Vehicle: Nissan Armada
Service Date: 07/30/2015
Review Created: 08/01/2015 05:27 PM
Honesty
Caring
Vehicle: Chevrolet Silverado
Service Date: 07/28/2015
Review Created: 07/29/2015 08:47 PM
Jose said everyone was professional, courteous and knowledgeable. They knew what was wrong with the vehicle.
Vehicle: Suzuki XL-7
Service Date: 07/24/2015
Review Created: 07/27/2015
Zachery said he loves going to this business for service but on this last service, they missed filling one of the fluids. They have been amazing to him and also to his seven family members that use this business for service.
Vehicle: Toyota Tundra
Service Date: 07/23/2015
Review Created: 07/27/2015
Terry said he has been dealing with the business for quite a while now. They have always identified and corrected the problem. The employees have always been courteous and professional.
Vehicle: Ford Focus
Service Date: 07/15/2015
Review Created: 07/22/2015
Clean and convenient
There is a very nice clean waiting area. Very reasonable prices. I only wish you had weekend hours as it's not always convenient to get work done on my car during the work week. I'm sure your employees appreciate weekends off. The mileage noted on my last oil change was off significantly. My car has 31,000 miles but you indicated it had 166,000 miles. Not sure how that happened.
Vehicle: Honda Accord
Service Date: 07/16/2015
Review Created: 07/18/2015 07:38 AM
0 out of 5

Click a star to enter your rating. 5 stars is the highest.
What makes the place so great (or not) in just a few words.
format mm/dd/yyyy
About You
We only ever display the first letter of your last name.
By clicking on the button, you agree to the Terms of Service
Send a Message