JASON U. on 06/12/2017
"Satisfied in some respects, dissapointed in others"
Autotech has performed several repairs for me. In this instance they fixed my cruise control after several days of troubleshooting. Unfortunately sometimes I find the same problem here that I find at other mechanic shops- I usually have to go to several places in town to get complete work done on my vehicles. By that I mean I had trouble with an occillation at 35mph and greater that I didn't feel they did an actual troubleshooting on, it felt like they drove it, and just decided there was no way to attempt a diagnosis. The reason this is disappointing is that if you read reviews this is supposed to be the BEST shop in town. I went to my tire shop and received the same pat response,"well we balanced the tires again and made a few adjustments but we didn't actually drive it". I'm not at all saying that Autotech does bad work, for the most part I've been very satisfied- but on several occasions over the last few years I've gotten a few things done and then a few things I had to take elsewhere. I don't know if they were busy, not sure. It would be nice to take a vehicle to one shop for MOST of my repairs. Otherwise, yes they do a good job. The key I think is getting shops to actually TROUBLESHOOT a problem.
Vehicle: Ford Econoline
Service Date: 06/07/2017
Review Created: 06/12/2017 06:04 AM
Robert L. at Auto Tech Service responded on 06/20/2017

Jason,

I agree, it is most people's desire to go to one car repair shop to have all things taken care of, I as a customer of Auto Tech Service for more than ten years, and the owner for almost eight years I've learned a few things...there are times when testing is needed to get to the bottom of a problem and it costs money as going to a Doctor, Dentist, or even a electrician...you have to troubleshoot, test and that costs manpower, therefore money, even then there are times the real problem still hides. We at Auto Tech Service believe to effectively repair a problem you must effectively determine the problem. Sometimes you can't until the problem gets worse, another thing we firmly believe in is not "trying this/guessing at that...this costs you time, money and could result in both being wasted.  We also believe in what 98% of our customers say about us, in so many words being the best shop in town...from a former customer, and an owner I agree with them!

Jonny L. on 07/28/2016
Jonny said the business' prices were a bit expensive.
Vehicle: Buick Riviera
Service Date: 06/20/2016
Review Created: 07/28/2016
Justin E. on 01/13/2016
Justin said the service was average.
Vehicle: Chevrolet S10 Pickup
Service Date: 12/29/2015
Review Created: 01/13/2016
Stephen B. on 08/18/2015
Stephen said his problem was still not fixed when he took his vehicle to the business.
Vehicle: Chevrolet Silverado
Service Date: 08/14/2015
Review Created: 08/18/2015
Robert L. at Auto Tech Service responded on 08/20/2015

Stephen,

You're correct, we didn't repair your vehicle because we took the time to research and found your Silverado was still under warranty, and if we'd repaired the problem we found your vehicle had, it would have invalidated your warranty. We told you this, one because it was the honest thing to do, and two, it saved you money as you could get it repaired within the warranty you had. At Auto Tech Service, we simply will not take advantage of anyone, have, and will continute to go out of our way to be honest, fair and do right by our customers.

Steve B. on 03/14/2015
Steve said he has taken his vehicle to this business several times and he was happy. They gave him a quote on a brake job for $800. He had told them that he would do the brakes and they dropped the quote to $600 . They lost his business, because they did not give him the lower quote in the beginning.
Vehicle: Ford Explorer
Service Date: 02/25/2015
Review Created: 03/14/2015
Auto Tech C. at Auto Tech Service responded on 03/24/2015

Mr. Burrus, we are sorry to hear of your concern.  In reviewing your repair, I do see where we quoted a front and rear complete brake service at $615.00, discounted.  I also know we spent a lot of time discussing your options of tires, brakes and other services, as we do with all our customers.  I would like to address your concern and offer an explanation with the brake quote. Many times under special circumstances, IF we ask, our parts purchaser will offer us a discounted price.  For yours, we had purchased a lot of parts already for your vehicle so they were willing to offer a better discount on the brake parts.  After speaking with the parts store, we offered that savings on to you.   I can say we were honestly working very hard to find you the best prices, while keeping the quality and warranty. Asking the parts company for a discount was the best option to extend the best savings on to you. I hope this clears up any concerns that you may have had of overpricing the original brake service and I sincerely hope you will consider our business with any future repairs you may have. Please feel free to call our shop to discuss anything future.  Thank you.

Aaron H. on 09/08/2014
Aaron said he has been having some unspecified problems with his vehicle since it was in their possession.
Vehicle: Chevrolet Lumina
Service Date: 08/27/2014
Review Created: 09/08/2014
Auto Tech C. at Auto Tech Service responded on 09/15/2014

Hi Aaron, I reviewed your service ticket and with the technician.  It seems that while the vehicle was here at the shop we could not duplicate the issues you were having.  We did find some codes in the system but with test driving and testing we could not confirm a failure.  We did suggest replacing the Mass Air Flow as a test but you declined.  Without a concrete failure we could not guarantee that this would resolve your issue. In the notes, we advised you to return when problem is occurring so we could re test.   Our testing is good for 30 days so feel free to call and we will certainly get you in and retest and hopefully find a direction to go in.

Bill O. on 02/21/2014
Spoke with Megan. She said they gave her a high quote that ended up being twice the amount she paid when she had her vehicle serviced at a different facility. She would not recommend them to others for the reasons mentioned.
Vehicle: Ford Explorer
Service Date: 02/13/2014
Review Created: 02/21/2014
Auto Tech C. at Auto Tech Service responded on 02/25/2014

Thank you for responding to our survey.  In reviewing your ticket, it appears it was a large job we were estimating along with maintenance items.  Many times it is hard to estimate the actual work going from a noise inspection.  We try to give worse case scenerio of cost just incase something happens.  Most times our repairs come in under estimated cost.  We are glad you were able to have the repair done at a lower cost.  Many times, cost is the driving force for a customer. However  as a shop we have to look at quality and part warranty offered, in which case may come with a higher quote as well.

RYAN T. on 10/01/2013
"Service on 9/30/13"
I feel Auto Tech did a good job, but I feel I was over charged for my service. They basically plugged my Cam Shaft Sensor back on and changed my battery that I provided for them and they charged me $20 to change it, when I could have taken it to Advance Auto Parts and they would have done it for free. And they charged me over $180 for service that took them minutes to complete.
Vehicle: Nissan Murano
Service Date: 09/30/2013
Review Created: 10/01/2013 05:30 AM
Auto Tech C. at Auto Tech Service responded on 10/01/2013

Thank you for the survey response, Ryan.  I reviewed your invoice this morning and realized this was your first visit to our company so I wanted to make sure we thoroughly explained our procedures.  I spoke with the Service Writer and Shop Foreman about the repairs we made.  We recommended a
complete charging and starting system test due to the no start condition and a scan test due to the check engine light being on.  These tests were approved by you.  Since this was your first visit, we have no way of knowing what prior work was done and if that work was properly completed.  After the scan  and inspection we found one of the cam sensors was not secured properly, possibly from a previous repair.  We secured it, at no charge, and retested the system and found all passed at the time of testing.  We also performed a complete charging and starting system and found your battery needing replaced.  You stated there was a warranty on the battery so we removed your battery and we installed the replacement that you brought.  Our normal battery installation is $20 because we take the time to make sure installation is correct and recheck the system afterward.  With the time lapse in waiting for the replacement battery and no mark up on the part, this is justified.  Advance Auto is in business to sell parts, therefore they may replace a battery at no charge but they are making  profit through parts mark up and that is justified, same as the testing and/or repairs we make at our shop.  I hope I have explained our procedures better to your understanding.  And I hope we are able to service your vehicle in the future.  Please feel free to call if we can be of further assistance.

DALE W. on 09/08/2013
"Service"
Great service, but costs are high when compared to others.
Vehicle: Toyota Camry
Service Date: 08/30/2013
Review Created: 09/08/2013 07:56 AM
Auto Tech C. at Auto Tech Service responded on 09/09/2013

Thank you Dale for the review, we appreciate hearing from you. You are a valued customer and I was concerned when I saw only 3 stars.  I researched your invoice and found the actual labor we charged was less than book time suggests so I feel we tried to serve you the best and most efficient way as possible.  After 50 years, we have found offering the highest warranty, quality parts, and trustworthy technicians is well worth the peace of mind it offers our customers. However, if you feel we have failed in offering excellent service please call and we can review your invoice together. If I have clarified your concerns please help us serve you and others better by resubmitting a rescore on your review.