Avenue Automotive

Overall Rating 1.0/5rating 1.0rating 1.0rating 1.0rating 1.0

George H. on 05/14/2016
George said this business told him he needed a new oil pump so he agreed to have one put in. When he got his vehicle back he was still having the same issues and he found out that since he had little to no oil pressure that he actually needs a whole new engine. He stated he is upset that they were not honest with him and charged him for a repair that they knew was not going to solve the issue.
Vehicle: Chevrolet Lumina
Category: Service
Service Date: 05/02/2016
Review Created: 05/14/2016
Bob P. at Avenue Automotive responded on 05/17/2016

Sorrry you're unhappy with our service, George. Your vehicle was towed to my shop with zero oil pressure. As you and I discussed at legnth before the repair was initiated, proper oil pressure must be restored first in order to access the overall condition of the engine. We have no way of knowing how long the engine was starved for oil before it got to our facility. We must depend on you for that information. Unfortunately, after proper oil pressure was restored and we were able to start and run your vehicle, it was determined that further engine damage had occurred and a replacement engine was recommended. At that point you were given multiple options and prices for repair. We did our best to address this situation and I'm very surprised at your review of my business and integrity. Your review is inaccurate sir. As of today, May 17, 2016, more than 2 weeks after the repairs were done, your Lumina sits abandoned on my lot. It is obvious by your review that we will not be doing further repairs. I would appreciate it if you would have it removed promptly.

CATHERINE G. ReScore Review on 06/01/2016
Recommended? Yes
Surecritic checkman logo Verified
"Avenue Automotive is the best! "
Avenue Automotive is the best! Hard-working servicemen and a very energetic, pleasant
boss, Bob, who really tries hard to please! I have ALWAYS been satisfied at Avenue Automotive.
Vehicle: Chrysler PT Cruiser
Service Date: 04/19/2016
Review Created: 05/10/2016 05:29 PM

"A fan needed to be replaced"
Friendly staff and good service! Generally not expensive, very competitive!
Vehicle: Chrysler PT Cruiser
Service Date: 04/19/2016
Review Created: 05/10/2016 05:29 PM
Bob P. at Avenue Automotive responded on 06/01/2016

Katy, I've known and loved you as a customer for nearly 15 years now...1 star is not the best rating....5 stars is!