BLC Automotive Repair

Overall Rating 2.0/5Overall Rating 2.0/5rating 2.0rating 2.0rating 2.0
Rick S. ReScore Review on 04/14/2016
Recommended? Yes
Surecritic checkman logo Verified
Rick said they did nothing to resolve his issue. He arrived there between 8:00 and 8:30 am and waited there until closing which was about 6:00 pm. They had changed two of the fuel injectors and the third one went out and they had to order it from downtown. He could not understand why they did not go and pick it up instead of having it delivered. While he was waiting there, the seats were hard and uncomfortable to sit on.
Vehicle: Cadillac STS
Service Date: 03/25/2016
Review Created: 03/29/2016

Rick said the business had okay service because he had to wait until 6:00 p.m for his vehicle when they said it would be done at 2:30 p.m so that frustrated him. He said that they had to do 3 fuel injections. He then said that no one was rude at the business, but he would like to note to them that their seats are really hard especially if someone has to sit on them all day.
Vehicle: Cadillac STS
Service Date: 03/25/2016
Review Created: 03/29/2016
Brandy R., Manager at BLC Automotive Repair responded on 04/11/2016

Sorry for the time delay they had to round up your parts from all around the city and unfourtunately they only have scheduled runs so we are at the mercy of the parts department drivers.

Major G. ReScore Review on 01/28/2015
Surecritic checkman logo Verified
The Major said the business called him up and said they were mad about his review. He spoke to 3 other mechanics who all told him he was charged 3 times what he should have been to replace an injector.
Vehicle: Chevrolet Corvette
Service Date: 12/30/2014
Review Created: 01/19/2015

Major said he is very disturbed about the bill. He has talked to seven mechanics and they told him that he was overcharged. He paid over $900 for an injector. It took an hour or two to fix the problem and the person he talked to recommended him to tow his vehicle there. He said he feels totally ripped off and he is upset with this business. He would not recommend them to others because of the reasons mentioned.
Vehicle: Chevrolet Corvette
Service Date: 12/30/2014
Review Created: 01/19/2015
Brandy R., Manger at BLC Automotive Repair responded on 01/26/2015

We are very sorry to hear that you feel this way. But we ask that you and those reading please keep in mind that this vehicle came to our shop from another shop after being at multiple shops with out anyone being able to diagnose or fix the problem. We were able to not only diagnose the problem but we were also able to repair the problem. It is easy to call and shop around for pricing once the diagnostic is complete and if you were to just compare our price for the repair with other shops you would see we gave you an excellent and fair price. There is no way you can call around to compare the price of diagnostic testing when there are mulitple checks and verifications that need to be done especially on a vehicle that comes to us from other shops it would be like compariing apples to oranges. This was not your simple check engine light computer diagnostics. It involved multiple tests and checks. Also please remember that we did keep you informed during the entire diagnostic and repair process to which you authorized the work that was completed and you seemed happy with the repairs at time of serivce. i know its frustrating when thinking of the lost time and money spent at the other shops you dealt with but we ask that you reconsider your opinion of us...the shop that was able to diagnose and repair your vehicle to get you back on the road and give us another shot in the future. We waranty and stand behind our work and value our customers.

Manger
RANDALL W. on 07/28/2017
"R. Walker"
Good fast service.
Vehicle: Chevrolet Impala
Service Date: 07/27/2017
Review Created: 07/28/2017 05:47 AM
Emil P. on 07/25/2017
Emil said this business has never disappointed him.
Vehicle: Pontiac Torrent
Service Date: 06/28/2017
Review Created: 07/25/2017

We hope we never do.

ERICCA H. on 07/23/2017
"1st Time, Will Return"
Checked out other Google reviews and decided to give BLC a try. Brought husband's car in for a balance and rotation and alignment. Come to find out both front wheel bearings needed to be done which was causing the horrid shaking/knocking sound as speed increased. They basically gave me an overall inspection (per my request) and very clearly discussed what they found before doing any work including the prices. Hubs made the choice to only get the most urgent thing taken care of by someone else (price just marginally less). However, I was very happy with the service I received and will definitely take my car back for work that's needed. I'm giving 4 star because we didn't actually have any work completed.
Vehicle: Toyota Corolla
Service Date: 07/13/2017
Review Created: 07/23/2017 05:20 PM
Kenny A. on 07/21/2017
Kenny said this business was quick, and they worked with him.
Vehicle: Lincoln Town Car
Service Date: 07/07/2017
Review Created: 07/21/2017
Brandy R., Manager at BLC Automotive Repair responded on 07/26/2017

We always try to work with each of our customers to help keep their vehicles on the road and running right.

DIANE G. on 07/14/2017
"You can really trust them. They want tell you need something that you don't. And they work with you and they still honor the military."
I use to only take my cars to the deal ship for all my car needs. But they they where always finding some thing and over priced.
Vehicle: Nissan Maxima
Service Date: 07/12/2017
Review Created: 07/14/2017 06:02 AM
Brandy R., Manager at BLC Automotive Repair responded on 07/26/2017

We offer the same service and warranty as most dealers and a price thats affordable. We appreciate our military and their families for their service and we do try to show that appreciation by offering miliatry discounts on repairs.

Andy A. on 07/14/2017
Andy said this business did a good job. Jeff is dynamite and he's a good mechanic. The rest of the staff was friendly.
Vehicle: Cadillac DeVille
Service Date: 07/13/2017
Review Created: 07/14/2017
TIMOTHY R. on 07/13/2017
" Satisfying experience with service "
My experience with the staff members of BLC automotive was a pleasant one in the work on my vehicle was done on time which is very important to me The second thing is after my paperwork prepared and I was finishing the paperwork the receptionist gave me a report from the mechanic stating engine light airbags and ABS sensor Was on I understand informing the client that these things exist but somethings are obvious I know it cost to diagnose a vehicle but after spending Close to $600 to have some repairs done I I feel that I've should've gotten not just to report at this stuff is malfunctioning but a solution and a price to resolve it that to me develop trust and A sense of it's not about the money all the time
Vehicle: Chevrolet Chevy Express
Service Date: 07/11/2017
Review Created: 07/13/2017 11:12 AM
HAROLD H. on 07/02/2017
"Non deserving of a star period"
I would NEVER recommend their service to anyone. To begin with I'm not sure they know what they are doing I tried them out with two of my cars to feel them out to see what their work was like PEOPLE I started with my little coupe just for some modifications to the exhaust sure we will be a week took them TWO MONTHS after which in that week I received threatening calls to pick up the vehicle, ok they don't know me maybe they are a little worried they were stuck with a vehicle so I picked it up had it sent to a body shop where they informed me the very next morning your car is dead which is one of the problems they were suppose to repair whatever was draining the battery I go in to see what's going on to discover there is a cheap battery in her when I left a optima now I'm thinking even in the course of locating the power drain the battery dies they either replace it or let said owner know. I call them and let them know what's going on they charge me to tow her in some one shows up and drives off in it ok I get her back nothing in the dash is working they disabled it which still didn't solve the battery drain I send her back this time she comes back leaking like you could not believe and I my driver door doesn't work I've had this car since 08 and have completely done everything over this is what 5,100 got me with a mouth full of excuses. In between I let them work on my maxima told them a head gasket was blown just to see what the reaction would be took two weeks to see it wasn't the head gasket after feeding me a line about taking the engine out this cost me 2,600 I'm not sure of everyone else but my every penny matters especially that much when I pay for a service I expect to get what I pay for if they weren't obviously capable of it it was ok to say so I would never bring another one of my vehicles to them I thought they could be my new car guys but there isn't a chance if your looking for QUALITY WORK check out prestige imports
Vehicle: Lexus SC 400
Service Date: 06/22/2017
Review Created: 07/02/2017 01:03 PM
KEVIN F. on 06/30/2017
"Oil Change"
As usual I was greeted with a smile and how can we help you today. I told her I needed an oil change and which vehicle needed it. She saw that we used full synthetic last time and recommend the same. Full service from beginning to end. This is why we only use BLC for all of our automotive maintenance and repairs.
Vehicle: Ford Fusion
Service Date: 06/29/2017
Review Created: 06/30/2017 07:01 AM
Branden G. on 06/23/2017
Branden said they were truthful, courteous, and awesome. He will be back again.
Vehicle: Pontiac G6
Service Date: 06/21/2017
Review Created: 06/23/2017
Jason L. on 06/21/2017
Jason said this business is friendly and they did the work. He stated he does not think the problem was diagnosed correctly because he still does not have air conditioning.
Vehicle: GMC Rally
Service Date: 06/16/2017
Review Created: 06/21/2017
Brandy R., Manager at BLC Automotive Repair responded on 06/26/2017

We did not perform a diagnostic on this repair we just converterted tha ac from r12 to r134 per your request. We can however do an ac check and diagnostic if you would like us to do so. We will contact you to schedule this.

Nathan F. on 06/17/2017
Nathan said the business fixed his vehicle. He said he was happy with their service.
Vehicle: Kia Sedona
Service Date: 06/16/2017
Review Created: 06/17/2017
Richard J. on 06/15/2017
Richard said this business got him in right away, they were very helpful and accommodating.
Vehicle: Ford Escape
Service Date: 06/02/2017
Review Created: 06/15/2017
James T. on 06/14/2017
James said everything turned out good at the business.
Vehicle: Chevrolet Silverado
Service Date: 06/08/2017
Review Created: 06/14/2017
RANDALL W. on 06/11/2017
"R Walker"
Good people , good service.
Vehicle: Chevrolet Impala
Service Date: 06/07/2017
Review Created: 06/11/2017 04:25 AM

Sam B. on 06/08/2017
Sam said they did a good job. It was just a little pricy.
Vehicle: RAM Pickup
Service Date: 06/07/2017
Review Created: 06/08/2017
MICHAEL M. on 06/07/2017
"Scheduled Appointment"
I made an online appoitment and arrived early the next day. They were able to start me soon after I arrived, and provided all necessary repairs. Oil change, rotate tires and replacement of motor mount completed accurately and pre-travel check of vital areas completed timely and very reasonable.
Vehicle: Buick LeSabre
Service Date: 05/30/2017
Review Created: 06/07/2017 06:41 PM
Brandy R., Manager at BLC Automotive Repair responded on 06/12/2017

Thank Sir...sorry i missed you when you were in but glad everything worked out well. Safe travels for you and the family!!

Nathaniel R. on 06/07/2017
Nathaniel said they were upfront and honest about everything.
Vehicle: Cadillac CTS
Service Date: 06/05/2017
Review Created: 06/07/2017
Brandy R., Manager at BLC Automotive Repair responded on 06/12/2017

Sorry it wasnt the news you were expecting but we try to give honest info so that you can make the best choice for your needs.