California Auto Centers

Review for California Auto Centers
SARA A. on 05/15/2016
"Unnecessary Unauthorized Work @ Sky-high Prices"
I experienced some vehicular misfortune while away from my home mechanic & was towed here, per the suggestion of AAA (1st big mistake). I work with cars for a living mind you, so I generally know what's going on under the hood; when this place showed me my diagnostic bill (which involved them competely removing the seats from my vehicle), only to tell me that they didn't know what was wrong with the part in question, I was flabbergasted. There were many unpleasant layers to this California Auto onion (including a partnership with the nearby car rental place - which would have been necessary had I not come to my senses about this place). I decided my Benz was safer in the nearby parking lot overnight until I could have it towed the 70 miles back to my trustworthy mechanic in San Diego. Best move I ever made. As for this place, the facility is clean and the staff was kind, so it gets 1 star.
Vehicle: Mercedes-Benz CLK500