Castro Valley Union 76

Ana T. on 11/26/2016
Ana said she took her vehicle there several months back, and they fixed it. Six months later, the same problem occurred. They gave the vehicle back to her on Thanksgiving Eve, but it started leaking again. She paid $700 for the service. They told her to bring the vehicle back.
Vehicle: Isuzu Rodeo
Service Date: 11/22/2016
Review Created: 11/26/2016
jack M. at Castro Valley Union 76 responded on 11/29/2016

We repaired the power steering leak 6 months ago by finding a part in the junk yard for rack n pinion asy since the new part is obsolete, the part from junk yard failed, we went to junk yard again and replaced the part for her for no cost, the vehicle came back after two days saying it is still leaking but not as much. Found rack n pinion leaking from shaft, part we did not replace and gave her the estimate for repairs. Unfortunatly we can not warranty the part we have not replace.

EMILY M. on 10/02/2016
"Overall bad experience(s) "
Needed a brake and light inspection and Found place on yelp so I decided to go there. Went there, met someone named jax and he helped me, told me to leave my car and pick it up in a few hours.
Hours passed, went back and was told it failed and need to fix my lights(blacked out) and brakes and tires because it was going out. Got a quote, I wanted to shop around so I just laid the inspection fees ($120) and left.
Got the brakes and lights all fixed elsewhere and came back. I dropped the car off again and max calls me telling me why'd I waste his time bringing my car there when things weren't finished (censors) Car failed again because brake sensors weren't installed. Paid again ($60) and left. Before leaving jay said next time I come he won't charge me no fees (since I went there a few times already).
Got the censors installed elsewhere and went back for inspection.
Car passed (which was great) but before leaving they wanted to charge me again. I asked why when he told me before that it was going to be free and his answer was he still had to pay his guys to do the work. Here's the key thing he said to me. Max said that since I decided to get all the work done elsewhere for a cheaper price that he had to charge me something. I refused to pay and they let me go.

Bottom line, This place isn't really friendly and I didn't like the service at all. After leaving, I felt my tires shaking. Not to blame them but before going back there I got my brakes and brand new tires. Everything was fine while driving. Now after leaving this inspection shop, tires where shaking and come to find out the balance was off. I didn't bother to go back and got my tires rebalanced elsewhere.
I would not recommend this place to anyone nor will I got there again, they just want your money and your money only. Customer service wasn't too friendly.
Vehicle: Porsche Cayenne
Service Date: 09/12/2016
Review Created: 10/02/2016 08:38 PM
jack M. at Castro Valley Union 76 responded on 10/03/2016

We try our best to satisfy customers. Customer came for brake and lamp certification, we showed him what the vehicle needed to pass the inspection, he was told at the time if he gets repaired done somewhere else we will have to reinspect the work and charges will be another $60.00 to make sure the work is done right. He comes back and leaves the truck we put it on the rack he could not find wheel locks, took the vehicle back wasted our tiem. Makes the appointment never showed up on time and than showed up at his convenience again we inspected the vehicle found out all the ABS sensors some were broken and some not working, took the vehicle back, came back after few days with correct sensors installed and ABS light on dash was off, all this work done by him or other shop. We finally were able to give him certificates and did not charge him third time. We did the best for customer.

Betty H. on 09/12/2014
Betty said they did not thank her for her business when she picked up her vehicle. They just kind of threw the receipt at her. She has a business and she always thanks her customers. She would not recommend them to others for the reasons mentioned.
Vehicle: Lexus ES 350
Service Date: 09/08/2014
Review Created: 09/12/2014
jack M. at Castro Valley Union 76 responded on 09/20/2014

Hi Betty
Sorry to know that you had a bad experience at out business, We apologise for not thanking you for your business, We appreciate the business always, thanks for pointing out our mistake, we will be more carefull in future.

Roberta B. on 06/19/2014
Roberta said she took her vehicle in for the check engine light, which she told them could be the oxygen sensor and requested that they check her brakes. They charged her $99 for the diagnostic that revealed it was the oxygen sensor. They did not check the brakes until late in the evening and discovered that they needed to be done, so they told her to bring the vehicle back. She needed her vehicle and she will probably not bring the vehicle back for the brake service unless they make it right. For these reasons, she would not recommend this business for service but did mention that she was satisfied with them until this service visit. Lastly, she mentioned that it was very nice that someone comes in at 7:00 am to give the customer a ride.
Vehicle: Toyota Land Cruiser
Service Date: 06/10/2014
Review Created: 06/19/2014
Ruth S. on 05/03/2014
Ruth said she was treated rudely by her representative. They changed out her new battery and the replacement was dead in a few days. She would not recommend them due to this experience.
Vehicle: Buick Electra
Service Date: 04/23/2014
Review Created: 05/03/2014
Madelyn Y. on 07/26/2012
Spoke with Joe. He said the personnel are very nice and they provide great customer service. He said they seem willing to do the work, but he is very dissatisfied with the work they did. He has spent about $1,500 on both of his vehicles in the last 2 months. He said he has had to bring the Ford Focus back and forth for services for an ongoing issue. He said they thought they fixed the problem and he had to bring the vehicle back a few days later. The staff told him there was a crease in the hose and that they needed to replace the cannister. He said after that they replaced the gas cap. The vehicle is still not fixed properly and he had to make arrangements to bring it back in for service again. He would not recommend this business based on this experience.
Vehicle: Ford Focus
Service Date: 07/06/2012
Review Created: 07/26/2012
jack M. at Castro Valley Union 76 responded on 07/28/2012
Car has come back 3 times for fuel evap code P0456 minor vapor leak, smoke test the vehicle could not find any external leak every time the car came in,we did replace fuel pressure sensor on top of the gas tank and gasket seal for fuel pump unit on top of the gas tank without charging customer for parts and labor. Small vapor leak could be caused by even loose gas cap, customer drove the car for 1000 miles and canister monitor ran than one day it came back on. Unfortunately it is hard to find the problem if it happens this way.