Elmer's Brighton Garage

Review for Elmer's Brighton Garage
AARON M. on 06/05/2016
"Great and trustworthy mechanics, but a mis-identified procedure cost them my business this time"
I've been to Elmer's several times before and I'll go back again. However, when they diagnosed my failing water pump, I was told it was a 9-hour job (because the engine would need to be lifted) with an estimate over $1,000. I called around town and most places told me it was a 3-4 hour job, so I called Elmer's back with that information and they still told me 9 hours. I declined the work and took my car elsewhere, where they confirmed the diagnosis, replaced the pump in 3 hours, and my total bill was just under $600. Elmer's charged me for the half-hour diagnosis time, which was fine, and they later told me that they had misunderstood the procedure and that it was only a 4-hour job. No hard feelings here, but I was disappointed in the amount of effort I had to do to reschedule the work somewhere else on a tight schedule before a trip out of town.
Vehicle: Toyota RAV4