Good Morning Cordell,
Thank you for taking my phone call to give me an understanding of problems you experienced with your vehicle. I reviewed your ticket and found you needed steering and suspense repairs as well a timing chain replacement. These service repairs are not affected by an after-market remote start unit. When you explained that there was an after-market remote start recently installed by another company, that explained why there was not much that could be done. There is a wide range of companies that install these after-market units. Without their wiring diagram, and how they routed the security wiring system, repairs are time consuming. I provided you with three options:
1. Provide me a copy of the after-market remote start wiring schematic, 2. Talk to the company that recently installed the
after-market unit for service/warranty and 3. If there is a service fee, give me a call on your out of pocket exepenses.
I appreciate you coming in to give me an update. I am glad the remote start company was able to correct your problem under warranty and at no expense to you.
Good Morning Erik,
I am so sorry for disappointing you on the service of your Montero. I have gathered up some information on your concerns:
1. My offer to repair the dent is still on the table.
2. The two weeks to perform the repairs is unacceptable to me. I am told that the parts for your Montero were difficult to obtain and required shipping from out of state dealerships. This is an area for improvement.
3. I understand you had a problem with a vacuum hose coming off the windshield reservoir. It was tested shortly after the installation with no problems noted.
4. The vehicle came back a second time for a coolant leak. As we do our estimates for you, we always take your finances into consideration. To protect you best financial interest we don't always change other parts for "just in case". This came to bite us but we performed the repairs at zero cost to you.
I am sorry for your inconvenience.
Your review that "there were a lot of repairs on the vehicle that were not needed" is of great concern to me and the business. It is for that reason that I immediately called you to get an understanding of where you felt we had done something wrong. Your explanation to me was very different from the way it was printed on the survey. Our recommendations are based on the safety and reliability of your vehicle.
With that in mind, we invited your son, who has mechanical skills, to look at your vehicle to get an understanding of our recommendations. He was shown that the water pump was leaking coolant, the damaged stabilizer links, the condition of the front brakes and the feathering conditions of her tires. There were other recommendations but these were things your son said he can do himself.
The repairs were performed only after obtaining your approval. My business policy requires my employees to identify issues that are of a safety and/or reliability factor. These facts are presented strictly for the customer's information.