McCullough Auto Care & Towing

Overall Rating 2.6666667/5Overall Rating 2.6666667/5rating 2.6666667rating 2.6666667rating 2.6666667
Overall Rating 2.0/5Overall Rating 2.0/5rating 2.0rating 2.0rating 2.0
Review for McCullough Auto Care & Towing
JUDY O. on 04/05/2016
"Car wasn't fixed"
Do not want to rate you because I was initially impressed, but you did not fix my car. It would not start the next day and a neighbor who does his own car work diagnosed my real problem withing 10 minutes. You put a fuel pump relay on the car but it needs the whole fuel pump replaced. He had worked for Auto Zone and was able to order a new fuel pump at a greatly discounted price ($84.50 vs $205 the store would have charged) and said he will install for me for $80. Since that is much cheaper than it would have been with you I guess I got a break but it was very stressful. Just wanted to let you know.
Vehicle: Chevrolet Cavalier
Service Date: 04/01/2016
Review Created: 04/05/2016 07:15 AM
Eric M. at McCullough Auto Care & Towing responded on 04/16/2016

I have tried to reach you by phone so I could speak to you directly about your experience.  I am sorry you had an issue with your car.  When your car was towed, it was tested to see why it wouldn’t start.  The test showed there was no signal being sent to the fuel pump to turn on.  Upon replacing the relay, the vehicle started immediately.  At that time, the fuel pump was working and we put in excess of 10 miles on the vehicle with no issue.  Had the fuel pump given us any problems, we certainly would have recommended replacing the pump.

We will always stand by our belief that if you don't need something, we won't recommend replacing it.

I sincerely hope that if you have any other problems with your car, you will keep us in mind.

Eric McCullough