Notch Road Auto Repair

Overall Rating 2.0/5Overall Rating 2.0/5rating 2.0rating 2.0rating 2.0
Overall Rating 2.0/5Overall Rating 2.0/5rating 2.0rating 2.0rating 2.0
ERIC M. on 09/08/2016
" ."
The mechanic sent us out the door telling us that if the brakes felt funny we may have broken something in the pedal. Seems like when dealing with breaks this is something the mechanic should have determined before giving the car back to us. Not sure if they test drove it or not but not feeling safe or confident with this repair
Vehicle: Honda Civic
Service Date: 09/07/2016
Review Created: 09/08/2016 03:45 AM
Sean B. on 04/23/2016
Sean said during the service his front license plate frame was removed and was not put back.
Vehicle: Mercedes-Benz C300
Service Date: 04/21/2016
Review Created: 04/23/2016
PATRICIA F. on 03/01/2016
"Oil change... "
I typically love Notch Road Auto! The service is quick and reliable, and the prices are pretty fair, but this time was a little disappointing. On my last visit, the mechanics left their hand prints in my car. They were on my driver side visor, ( black dirt/oil), and there were finger prints on the cloth above my driver door, right below the roof. My car is running perfectly, which is fantastic, however, the sloppy job is definitely not appreciated, and obviously noted.
Vehicle: Honda Accord
Service Date: 02/22/2016
Review Created: 03/01/2016 06:23 AM
Michael C. on 01/06/2016
Michael said when he arrived at the business, no one acknowledged him when he pulled up.
Vehicle: Toyota Tundra
Service Date: 01/04/2016
Review Created: 01/06/2016
Dan W. at Notch Road Auto Repair responded on 01/08/2016

We have a very friendly staff at Notch Road Auto.  We have service representatives and parts runners that are in and out of our building as well that are not part of our staff. It's not usually a business practice of ours to greet people outside of the building because we do run on a schedule and our mechanics are focused on the scheduled vehicles to get them out in a timely manor.  If you had said something to anyone on our staff, they would have definitely stopped, acknowledged or replied.  We apologize from our staff if that did not happen and guarantee once through the office doors you will be greeted in a welcoming manor.

Steve D. on 06/30/2015
Steve said the service they gave was excellent but they added things on to the bill which he did not like. He suggested that customers be told at the beginning what the charge is going to be.
Vehicle: Toyota Tacoma
Service Date: 06/24/2015
Review Created: 06/30/2015
Benjamin N. on 05/28/2015
Benjamin said he arrived late for his appointment with the business. He asked them if they had time to put the tires on his vehicle, they said yes. He waited for 20 minutes and then they said they would not have time to do it. Then they said they could put one of the tires on. He was frustrated, but they did work with him.
Vehicle: Volvo 240
Service Date: 05/22/2015
Review Created: 05/28/2015
Dan W. at Notch Road Auto Repair responded on 06/05/2015

This was a New customer to our shop, the customer called and made the appointment that same day around 11 am, the appointment was for 4 pm for a 4 tire mount and balance. The customer and the vehicle arrived late at 4:30 pm on a Friday afternoon (with no Courtesy call to say he would be late), by the time it was unloaded from the flat bed it was 4:45 pm. We did not have enough time to do all 4 tires (which the customer was told when he arrived), we where able to get the one tire that was flat replaced and the customer back on the road for the weekend. We did work with this customer to get him back on the road, I could not help the time in which the customer and vehicle arrived!

Diane A. on 10/17/2014
Diane said her visit was fine but this time, the business could not fix what was wrong.
Vehicle: Volkswagen Rabbit
Service Date: 10/16/2014
Review Created: 10/17/2014
Diane A. on 06/18/2014
Diane said this business went ahead with the work without calling her first.
Vehicle: Volkswagen Rabbit
Service Date: 06/13/2014
Review Created: 06/18/2014
Dan W. at Notch Road Auto Repair responded on 06/21/2014

In response to Diane, there must have been miscommunication.  her previous visit she had blower motor issues.  She had us order the parts and had scheduled an appointment for the work to be done.  She then cancelled stating the next time she came in to do the work.    Some parts ordered are not able to be returned which was explained previously.  We apologize for the miscommunication, normally we do ask before doing any work on a customers vehicle.  We enjoy having Diane as a very friendly customer!

Bennett H. on 04/05/2013
Bennett said he went to this business for a presale exam and the business missed something that he thought was significant. He would not recommend this business based on this experience.
Vehicle: Ford Ranger
Service Date: 03/26/2013
Review Created: 04/05/2013
Dan W. at Notch Road Auto Repair responded on 04/10/2013
We checked over this vehicle for the previous owner, and found issues listed below, this customer fixed some of these issue but due to the lack of funds he did not finish the work. If there was another issue we were not made aware and did not have a chance to address the issue. Here are the issues we identified: FOUND BOTH FRONT UPPER BALL JOINTS BAD, LEFT OUTER STEERING TIE ROD END BAD, EXHAUST PIPE GASKET MISSING AND TAIL PIPE LOOSE IN CONNECTION TO MUFFLER, MUFFLER HAS NO HANGER, CHECK ENGINE LIGHT ON CODE P1457 AND P1400 SET.
Lee H. ReScore Review on 08/16/2012
Recommended? Yes
Surecritic checkman logo Verified
Lee said they did repair his flat tire to his satisfaction.
Vehicle: Honda Odyssey
Service Date: 07/25/2012
Review Created: 07/30/2012

Lee said he was referred to this business by Smuggler's Notch to have a flat tire fixed and he arrived at this business minutes before noon. He said he was met by Dan, who told him he was unable to look at the tire until 1:30 pm when lunch was over, but he could lean the tire against the side of the building and he would look at it then. He said he felt like he was imposing upon this business and Dan, even though he was the customer in need. When he returned to retrieve the tire Dan had fixed it and asked if he wanted it reinstalled on the vehicle. He said he put all the accessories and tools from the back of the vehicle in their proper place, charged a fair price, and did a great job. He said the first impression was not warm or helpful, but the customer service was redeemed when he returned. He would recommend this business because Dan was honest and he is good at what he does.
Vehicle: Honda Odyssey
Service Date: 07/25/2012
Review Created: 07/30/2012
Dan W. at Notch Road Auto Repair responded on 08/04/2012
Lee, I guess I should apologize for your first impression of my business and I appreciate your honesty, but I did ask you that day if you had time to leave the tire and I would look at it after lunch and you replied sure I'm not leaving town till tomorow . What I don't think you realize is that for employees I have my self as the owner/operator and one part time employee, I was the only one at the shop that day and had other customers to deal with but I did fit you in as soon as I could. I have always helped anyone staying at smugglers notch and we do go the extra mile, like putting the spare tire and all it's tools back in place in the vehicle. I do believe I was being fair considering I did take the job on the fly ontop of all other appointments as I have always done for flat tire repairs but their are just somedays I have to work them into my schedule. I'm glad I redeemed myself but I do feel I was being warm and helpful considering the circumstances. Dan