Notch Road Auto Repair

Overall Rating 2.0/5Overall Rating 2.0/5rating 2.0rating 2.0rating 2.0
Overall Rating 2.0/5Overall Rating 2.0/5rating 2.0rating 2.0rating 2.0
Pat R. ReScore Review on 04/03/2015
Surecritic checkman logo Verified
Pat said this business did not do anything to resolve his initial dissatisfaction, and he still feels the same way about them. He said they contacted him on the telephone, but did not do anything meaningful.
Vehicle: Toyota Tacoma
Service Date: 02/27/2015
Review Created: 03/23/2015

Pat said that he did not have a very good experience and so he would not recommend this business.
Vehicle: Toyota Tacoma
Service Date: 02/27/2015
Review Created: 03/23/2015
Dan W. at Notch Road Auto Repair responded on 04/01/2015

I was made aware this low score was made due to a failed Vermont state inspection. Vehicle came to our shop for a inspection and the customer was advised the left front wheel bearing was loose and the right front headlight was cracked, customer was given an estimate for these repairs because they do not pass Vermont state inspection. I contacted the customer after receiving this low score and was told they had taken it to the Toyota dealership and Toyota put an inspection sticker on it without repairing the wheel bearing or the headlight, customer stated the dealer has always been really strict on inspections and feels we where trying to rip him off with unnecessary repairs. I tried to explain what Toyota did was wrong and unprofessional and driving with a loose wheel bearing puts everyone on the road at risk! We are very strict on fallowing the Vermont state inspection rules and I will be filing a formal complaint with DMV!

Lee H. ReScore Review on 08/16/2012
Recommended? Yes
Surecritic checkman logo Verified
Lee said they did repair his flat tire to his satisfaction.
Vehicle: Honda Odyssey
Service Date: 07/25/2012
Review Created: 07/30/2012

Lee said he was referred to this business by Smuggler's Notch to have a flat tire fixed and he arrived at this business minutes before noon. He said he was met by Dan, who told him he was unable to look at the tire until 1:30 pm when lunch was over, but he could lean the tire against the side of the building and he would look at it then. He said he felt like he was imposing upon this business and Dan, even though he was the customer in need. When he returned to retrieve the tire Dan had fixed it and asked if he wanted it reinstalled on the vehicle. He said he put all the accessories and tools from the back of the vehicle in their proper place, charged a fair price, and did a great job. He said the first impression was not warm or helpful, but the customer service was redeemed when he returned. He would recommend this business because Dan was honest and he is good at what he does.
Vehicle: Honda Odyssey
Service Date: 07/25/2012
Review Created: 07/30/2012
Dan W. at Notch Road Auto Repair responded on 08/04/2012
Lee, I guess I should apologize for your first impression of my business and I appreciate your honesty, but I did ask you that day if you had time to leave the tire and I would look at it after lunch and you replied sure I'm not leaving town till tomorow . What I don't think you realize is that for employees I have my self as the owner/operator and one part time employee, I was the only one at the shop that day and had other customers to deal with but I did fit you in as soon as I could. I have always helped anyone staying at smugglers notch and we do go the extra mile, like putting the spare tire and all it's tools back in place in the vehicle. I do believe I was being fair considering I did take the job on the fly ontop of all other appointments as I have always done for flat tire repairs but their are just somedays I have to work them into my schedule. I'm glad I redeemed myself but I do feel I was being warm and helpful considering the circumstances. Dan
TRACY W. on 09/22/2017
"Service makes this place great!"
As always, I am able to make an appointment that works with my schedule and never have to wait more than the time that was provided to me in order to complete the task. I feel very lucky to have Dan and his team at Notch Road Auto in my area.
Vehicle: Mazda CX-9
Vehicle: Ford Escape
Service Date: 08/18/2017
Review Created: 08/30/2017 03:48 AM
Jeremy S. on 08/30/2017
Spoke with Nicole. She said she received great service.
Vehicle: Subaru Outback
Service Date: 08/29/2017
Review Created: 08/30/2017
Ashley S. on 08/30/2017
Spoke with Cindy. She said the business is dependable. They get her in as quickly as possible and 3 generations of her family go to them. They're reliable. They have a lovely and clean waiting area and they're friendly. They care about her safety.
Vehicle: Kia Rio
Service Date: 08/28/2017
Review Created: 08/30/2017
JOEL C. on 08/21/2017
"Always on Time"
One of the many reasons that my wife and I trust Dan Wyckoff and his team at Notch Road Auto Repair for all of our Automotive Service needs, is that our autos are always taken in on time and the work is completed promptly. We've never had to wait "another day" for our vehicles to be returned to us unless the service work requires multiple days, in which we are told right up front. Auto Transmission service was performed for this appointment, and as usual, Dan and his team performed flawlessly. No job too big for Dan and his team, make your appointment today.
Vehicle: Toyota RAV4
Service Date: 08/18/2017
Review Created: 08/21/2017 04:21 PM
DANIELLE D. on 08/19/2017
"Cross Country Road Trip"
Thank you Dan and crew. We drove our 2011 Subaru Impreza from VT to UT. You prepared it for us and gave us the go ahead that the car should be fine. It was a smooth trip all the way.
Service Date: 08/11/2017
Review Created: 08/19/2017 07:59 PM
Henry S. on 08/18/2017
Henry said the business was very sympathetic to his problems and the repairs were done in a timely manner. If needed and when he is in the area, he will be a repeat customer.
Vehicle: Volvo S80
Service Date: 07/27/2017
Review Created: 08/18/2017
Kibby P. on 08/16/2017
Kibby said his experience with this business was good.
Vehicle: Chevrolet Express Cargo Van
Service Date: 08/11/2017
Review Created: 08/16/2017
ANA R. on 08/11/2017
"Review"
The technicians were very nice on the phone and they took care of my car in a timely manner. However my car was left with grease on the floor and on a pair of mittens that happened to be in the car. It also had a very strong gasoline smell in the interior. I had asked for a quote for additional service which I did not receive and the cost quoted was much lower than it ended up being.
Service Date: 08/10/2017
Review Created: 08/11/2017 10:28 PM
Aidan P. on 07/19/2017
Aidan said this business went above and beyond what he asked them to do.
Service Date: 07/14/2017
Review Created: 07/19/2017
John E. on 07/19/2017
John said the experience was great. He was referred to them by another business. His daughter had new headlights put into her vehicle and the staff took really good care of her. The gentleman he spoke with told him that they would do their best. He dropped the vehicle off on a Thursday or Friday and it was ready by Saturday. It couldn't have been better.
Vehicle: Honda CR-V
Service Date: 07/14/2017
Review Created: 07/19/2017
Brianna M. on 07/14/2017
Brianna said whenever she needs quick service, this business is available and friendly.
Vehicle: Scion tC
Service Date: 07/13/2017
Review Created: 07/14/2017
Emily D. on 07/14/2017
Emily said this business was very helpful. They kept her up to date on her vehicle's needs.
Vehicle: Subaru Forester (Natl)
Service Date: 07/13/2017
Review Created: 07/14/2017
Sherry D. on 07/12/2017
Sherry said they have always been very good. They are very nice and informative. They are a comfortable place to wait at. They are very fair and she trusts them. They have been very good.
Service Date: 07/10/2017
Review Created: 07/12/2017
Sara C. on 07/11/2017
Sara said there was no communication and she was not given options as to where to park her vehicle. They charged $55 a day for storage and they were the only ones to charge for a storage fee. She will not be going back to them.
Vehicle: Toyota Sienna
Service Date: 07/10/2017
Review Created: 07/11/2017
Dan W. at Notch Road Auto Repair responded on 07/24/2017

I'm not sure what the low score and comment is for, but we run a legitimate towing and recovery business. We were called by the Vermont State Police to remove a totaled vehicle from the roadway on a Saturday. Customers son was driving and the vehicle was removed from the road way and brought back to our impound yard where we get $55 a day for storage due to the fact the vehicle was not drivable and could not be moved. Customer owed for the initial towing charge of $125 and 4 days of storage $220, We use a standard rate of $55 a day for storage like everyone else, this is nothing new and is clearly posted at our facility. I would also like to note the vehicle was not picked up till the fifth day which we did not charge for.

Respectfully
Dan Wyckoff

Jacob V. on 07/11/2017
Jacob said the business was friendly and helpful. It was a bit tough because he was out of state and the communication could have been better but overall, he was impressed.
Vehicle: Ford Fusion
Service Date: 06/16/2017
Review Created: 07/11/2017
Sara F. on 07/07/2017
Sara said the service at this business was great.
Vehicle: Nissan Sentra
Service Date: 06/27/2017
Review Created: 07/07/2017
Ben W. on 06/20/2017
Ben said this business provided excellent service.
Vehicle: Buick LeSabre