Carol S.
Chrysler Sebring
05/21/2019
Great service and staff!
Had oil change and brake job. John treats me with respect and I know I’m not being pressured to have work done that’s not necessary. Trustworthy and highly recommended.

Thurmont, MD
Chevrolet Cruze
05/19/2019
Good service. Oil change good price

MICHAEL G.
05/18/2019
Honesty
Their pricing is fair and they are honest. If something doesn't need to be done, they won't do it.

LISA B.
05/17/2019
Honest and dependable!
I’ve used Auto 40 West for many years. Their service is always excellent, and they focus on what I need fixed or serviced. Rarely do they tell me that I have another problem (all previous mechanics I’ve had would say, I observed this or that needs to be taken care of, in addition to the work that was done). They are honest, reasonably priced and provide excellent service. I always recommend them to my friends and family.

SHARON H.
and very professional

Jenness P.
05/14/2019
Super!
Very prompt and accommodating folks. Would recommend to everyone.

RENEE S.
Pontiac G6
05/12/2019
Awesome Service
I had a nail in my tire so I pulled in to 40 West. They were able to fix it right away! As always, Earle and John provided great service!

CYNTHIA C.
Great group of people
They always remember the things I forget to ask about my vehicle. I always know that my car is roadworthy after their service.

BV
Bruce V.
Chevrolet Traverse
05/08/2019
Friendly and professional , good attitude, which gives customers confidence that their needs are #1.

LG
Laura G.
Nissan Frontier
Fast and reliable service
Great to work with, had AAA tow my truck on a Sunday and it was fixed by mid-morning the next day. What a pleasure!

MA
Mark A.
Germantown, MD
05/06/2019
Remarkably professional and friendly
40 West is an unusual repair shop...they are fair and accommodating at the same time. My car recently broke down and they gave an honest assessment of the costs and towed me to a car rental for free. Very nice family owned business!!

JJ
JOE J.
05/04/2019
Outstanding Service!
Once again I am thoroughly pleased with my experience at 40 West.

I dropped the vehicle off in the morning, without an appointment, for routine maintenance. I recieved a call from John in the afternoon that the vehicle was ready.

Same day service, without a hitch!
Thank you, John and 40 West!

DANIEL C.
Myersville, MD
05/03/2019
Hands down: Reputable, Reliable and Great service
Long time customer who values honest opinions and great service! A must go to shop for any service!

TR
TOM R.
Dodge Dakota
05/02/2019
Repair work of May 2
As always, they took care of an issue with my old truck effectively and expediently. Cost to do so was reasonable.

KH
Kathleen H.
05/01/2019
Customer friendly
Very professional and friendly staff. A pleasure to deal with.

RD
ROGER D.
Mazda B4000
04/28/2019
As always -- everything was first class...
Excellent service. Easy appointment scheduling and always gets my vehicle in for service quickly. Thank you John.

GB
Gabriela B.
Volvo XC90
04/25/2019
The best auto repair in town
Excellent service, great prices and quick repair. I highly recommend 40 West Auto Care.

04/23/2019
TLC for my beloved Jeep
John gave me solid advice and went above and beyond to make needed repairs for my 20 yr old wrangler... and he advised me what I DIDN’T need to do (correcting poor advice from prior mechanics). He tended to details, like my long missing fan knob, and got my fun car back in service in time for summer

WM
Walter M.
Thurmont, MD
Mazda B3000
04/23/2019 Category: Service
Walter said the business did a great job and he's already recommended them to a lot of friends.

JULIANN M.
04/22/2019
Always the Best!
It's really nice when you get treated like family by people who know what they're doing! I have been using 40 West for at least 10 years for my 13-yr old Toyota Sienna Van. Found them through AAA and have never left! Johnny Harris, the general manager, who has worked there since high school, is fair, honest and listens! My last visit for an oil change and look-see for a bunch of other things I was worried about (brakes, leaks, funny smells!) ended up as only oil change. Nice surprise when I was terrified of what the bill might be! So many other mechanics do things that aren't needed and charge you big bucks. Not here.....never. And they drive me home so I don't have to sit around there and wait. Granted, I live five minutes away, but I bet they do it whenever it's needed.

Everyone knows what they're doing. Owner Earl will come to the counter if nobody's there when you walk in. Debbie, the woman who clearly keeps things moving, is the best. She even listens to me moan when I have problems that have nothing to do with my car! (Don't tell her I said that!)
Bottom line: I would never take my van anywhere else. The prices are fair. My neighbor told me that Johnny saved you $1500! And a nice bonus is coffee in the waiting area! If you're looking for a new mechanic, THIS is the place!