Latest Review about 1 month ago

Samin R.
Glen Allen, VA
08/05/2018
Crap Service, Great Talk, DONT BELIEVE THE 5 STAR REVIEWS
This guy is a class A manipulator and narcissist.

Called him up from craigslist because he was "cheaper than the dealers" and he talked up quite a bit over the phone about how he was an expert and how he was honest. If I could go back in time, I'd wish I never came across his ad.

My truck needed a transmission rebuilt so he said he has replaced tens of my specific transmission before, in fact "I have 9 or 10 of those trannys laying around here. I'll have it back to you within a week". Great! I thought, finally this guy can have my transmission replaced and ready to go within a week. So he quoted me $1200 on the rebuild, came over and towed the truck away (I gave him half the money).

Lo and Behold, a week later I call him and ask him whether he has finished it and he says he'll diagnose it before the weekend. RED FLAG #1 - he lied about getting it done. Sunday I call him, and he's pissed off and barks at me that he spent the last four hours diagnosing it instead of spending time with his family (and somehow its my fault).

Few days later, he texts me telling me that some unit is bad and he won't be able to rebuild the transmission so he has to get a whole other transmission or buy a bunch of other parts. I asked him what he recommended and he told me to just replace the tranny with a used one. The new quote was now $1500.

This is where the sh*t hit the fan: He got his hands on a used transmission from a "trusted supplier" and even though they "test the transmission before putting it in my hands" he went through four bad used transmissions before he even got the truck working. This entire time of going through crap used transmissions, he was extremly unresponsive to texts/calls/etc. And I knew he was purposely ignoring me because when I called him from another number he answered, and then he yelled at me that "If you want you can come take the unfinished truck away and YOU WILL PAY ME FOR MY LABOR" Because somehow, its my fault that he doesn't actually have a trusted supplier and keeps getting crappy parts and trying to fit them in.

So I remained in this state of anxiety, worry, should i take him to court, im gonna call the cops, this guys a dicbag, not responding to texts for weeks. Until finally, i texted him and he said he has it working. But somehow the new total was $1600.

At this point (2.5 months later) I was so sick of him so I just showed up, paid the 1600 and drove off. The car doesnt start in 'P', it only starts in 'N', but honestly I don't care.

May 22-August 5 is how long it took this "ASE certified over 40 years of experience" expert to replace a transmission. As one of the other honest reviewers said, if I sat down and watched paint dry it would have been quicker.

STAY AWAY FROM THIS VERBALLY ABUSIVE, DISHONEST CROOK

LR
louis r.
Gloucester, VA
01/05/2018
this guy is a oeice of work
bobby talks a good game.....a real slick talker .... self appointed expert on everything...... cost me over 7 grand to learn a lesion............ he fixed a lot of things that was not broken ...............did not fix what was broken..........my story is much longer than this ..........bottom line I had to scrap my vehicle for 200.oo when I got it back after 8 months ...If this guy was on the up and up he would have people lined up for his service..it is too many honest shops to have to deal with this guy.. buyer beware!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EH
E H.
Chesterfield, VA
06/29/2016
DON'T BE FOOLED BY THE (BACK IN THE DAY) POSITIVE REVIEWS.
Like the title says, don't look at the reviews from a few years back and be fooled. Notice there's nothing recent and its for a reason. He may have had mechanics at that time that were competent, but he isn't. This guy who is supposed to be ASE certified and knowledgeable on all vehicles not only took over a month on my vehicle, but it was returned with the same oil leaks and new faults. He had no receipts to show for his "new parts" he claimed to have gotten, but I saw plenty of silicone and sealant. He does not honor his warranty. Let me stress this to you, he takes a very, very long time. Watching paint dry would be less time consuming. It being ready by Friday, turned into it will be ready next week. Next week turned into weeks. When he got my car he had 2 other vehicles that had been there for 2 months. This is probably why his shop is closed. DO NOT go to this swindler, its definitely not worth the loss of time and aggravation. He tries to sound knowledgeable, but ends up sounding stupid. I made a stupid mistake for paying him. AVOID AT ALL COSTS.

EH
E H.
Chesterfield, VA
06/29/2016
DON'T BE FOOLED BY THE (BACK IN THE DAY) POSITIVE REVIEWS.
Like the title says, don't look at the reviews from a few years back and be fooled. Notice there's nothing recent and its for a reason. This guy who is suppose dto be ASE certified and knowledgeable on all vehicles not only took over a month on my vehicle, but it was returned with the same oil leaks and new faults. He had no receipts to show for his "new parts" he claimed to have gotten, but I saw plenty of silicone and sealant. He does not honor his warranty. Let me stress this to you, he takes a very, very long time. Watching paint dry would be less time consuming. It being ready by Friday, turned into it will be ready next week. Next week turned into weeks. When he got my car he had 2 other vehicles that had been there for 2 months. This is probably why his shop is closed. DO NOT go to this swindler, its definitely not worth the loss of time and aggravation. He tries to sound knowledgeable, but ends up sounding stupid. I made a stupid mistake for paying him. AVOID AT ALL COSTS.

CARLTON M.

ROBERT W.
Powhatan, VA
09/20/2015
DOES NOT OPERATE FROM THIS LOCATION
BOBBY OAKLEY HAS NOT OPERATED FROM THIS LOCATION FOR SEVERAL MONTHS. PLEASE CONTACT HIM AND GET HIS CORRECT ADDRESS. I CAN NOT RECOMMEND THIS BUSINESS TO A FRIEND SINCE IT IS NOT AT THIS LOCATION.