Overall Rating 1.0/5rating 1.0rating 1.0rating 1.0rating 1.0

Alvin T.
Toyota Tundra
07/18/2019
Good place for service
A place I feel good about working on my truck when it requires repairs I can not do. very fair prices. Carl always sets good expectations. Will use again.

Rana H.
Upper Marlboro, MD
07/12/2019 Category: Service
Rana said Zack an employee at the business was friendly and they did quick service.

KZ
Kevin Z.
Annapolis, MD
Ford Transit Wagon
07/10/2019
Outstanding work on commercial Ford Transit Vans
Bowie Shell is the most reliable repair shop in Prince Georges county. Every time I go for service I gain a greater appreciation of how professional their entire team is.

Carl the Service Manager, Tommy and Garrett the Technicians are honest and clearly have a strong education in automotive repair. Carl does an excellent job how explaining what going on with my vehicle THEN educate me why it is my benefit to perform certain services. Then he offers pricing on the repairs I need to invest in. They are never pushy.

I recently went to Bowie Shell to have a Oxygen Sensor replaced. I walked in mid day with no appointment and did not call ahead. Generally Bowie Shell is very busy with repeat customers with appointment. However I got lucky and Carl the Service Manager was able to squeeze me in for same day repair.

After completing the inspection of my truck, the Technician Garret informed me about open Ford recall on my Ford Transit. The recalled part severely damaged, and it is directly attached to my driveshaft and was in very bad condition. Garrett and Carl let me know that I should have it repaired at at Ford dealership because it would be covered under a Ford Recall.

The team at Bowie Shell caught the driveshaft issue within 5 minutes of having my truck on the lift, had they not found the issue so quickly my driveshaft would have separated from my van causing very serious damage. I cannot thank them enough for their help.

Additionally, they fixed my original concern, replacing the Oxygen Sensor, and they had it done quickly.

They brought me in the shop to show the Drive Shaft damage with my own eyes. Taking the time to show me damage and educated me in detail. Then fixed O2 Sensor and explained how that failed as well.

Carl showed me the mistake the previous shop made. Needless to say Garrett the Tech at Bowie Shell corrected the problem and I no longer have my check engine light on.

I wish had taken my Ford Transit van to Bowie Shell to begin with. The orginal O2 Sensor was replaced by a sup par, low IQ tech, the saying "It costs most more to use an amateur than to use a professional" has never been more true in my case.

I will make it a priority to use Bowie Shell for all my work van and personal cars.

TG
Travis G.
Subaru WRX
07/10/2019 Category: Service
Travis said the employees let him know what was going on with his vehicle. They provided good service. They completed the work in a timely manner.

RO
Raymond O.
07/09/2019 Category: Service
Raymond said they are very courteous, keep him up to date and get the job done.

BN
Baron N.
07/08/2019 Category: Service
Baron said his AC cuts out and in and Tommy said he will take care of it.

Diane G.
07/02/2019
Bowie Shell: The Best Mechanics and Service
Bowie Shell has the best mechanics and service. The owner, Ron, is a local businessman who runs an organized, honest shop and gas station. A bonus: Ron is friendly and concerned about his neighbors and customers. Carl, the Service Manager, is also honest and friendly. He is an expert and will ensure that your car is running smoothly. Bowie Shell is upfront about what repairs will cost; costs, which are always reasonable. Car will even tell you that certain repairs do not need to be made. A local tire place told me that I should buy a new battery and tried to hard sell me about safety. Carl said I didn't need one, and he was right! Bottom line: go to Bowie Shell if you want the best, honest mechanics.

EH
Erin H.
07/01/2019
Friendly Service
Great service. Carl is awesome, very personable and friendly, even when they’re busy. I wasn’t overcharged for repairs. Will definitely be bringing my car here for any maintenance in the future.

SA
Shuron A.
06/29/2019
Recent Service from Bowie Shell
The staff was very friendly, helpful and professional. Carl and his staff patiently worked to find out and correct the issues with my vehicle.

Christine S.
Crofton, MD
06/17/2019 Category: Service
Christine said she thought she had a brake problem. She said the staff checked her vehicle but did not find any problem with her brakes. She said she totally appreciates their honesty and that they are very courteous.

John R.
06/13/2019
Ever reliable service
As my husband and I have experienced every time we've brought our cars to Bowie Shell, our vehicle received the usual excellent care from their service department. We appreciate Ron and Carl and the mechanics on staff so much.

KZ
Kevin Z.
Annapolis, MD
06/13/2019 Category: Service
Kevin said Carl was very helpful. He explained his service. He kept him informed.

Craig M.
Chrysler 300
06/12/2019
Carl and Team did a great job again! They were able to get me in and out very quickly and took care of my needs!

KJ
Kristal J.
Dunkirk, MD
06/10/2019 Category: Service
Kristal said they were quick, they did a good job, they were very friendly, it was a great price, and she was in and out.

ER
Eva R.
06/07/2019
Good work as always
I always use them for service on my car and never been disappointed. It was due for a 105K checkup and I took it in a little early. Once they had looked it over, Carl called me and let me know what needed to be done and got the okay to proceed. Since I live nearby I usually walk to and from the station unless the weather is bad. In this case, there was some rain and I did not have a ride when it was time to pick up the car, plus I was pressed for time as I had a meeting that evening. They came and picked me up so that I could get the car and be on my way Typical of the extra effort they give.

KT
Keller T.
Baltimore, MD
06/06/2019 Category: Service
Keller said this business was extremely helpful and accommodating to all of her issues. They help her to get the best prices possible. She stated she does not feel she is taken for a ride. They are done is a timely manner. Carl an employee at this business provides great service.

HP
Howard P.
Ford Flex
06/01/2019
oil change service
arrived for scheduled oil change while i waited-- they took car in immediately- told me about 40 minutes. 20 Minutes later they called to let me know service was complete. Everything was checked and a full report was generated for me.
Excellent value with a great price and complete, friendly service- -great service shop!! Have used them previously and will continue to have them service my cars.

Ricky M.
Upper Marlboro, MD
05/28/2019 Category: Service
Ricky said he enjoyed the price point, the great customer service and the overall experience. He wants to recognize the service tech who did an outstanding job.

John G.
05/24/2019
Excellent Service!!
Always great service!

CT
Chuck T.
Chrysler Sebring Sdn
05/23/2019
Consistent, great service. Good staff.
Bowie Shell has been taking care of my vehicles for years. They do a great job, and are nice people to work with. Chuck