Ken B.
Nissan Xterra
06/18/2021
quality service
Brad's always provides quality service at a fair price. I have been taking my cars there for 40 years and have referred many people. They all say the same thing- great people, quality service.

SR
Steve R.
Toyota Tundra
06/07/2021
The job gets done right
Going to Brad’s Foreign Car for over 25yrs and Matt and the gang have always taken care of me, any issue I’ve had was fixed in a timely matter, I will always recommend to my family and friends to take their vehicle to Brad’s

06/01/2021
My experience at Brad's auto repair
This is long as I have quite a bit to say ...
I will start out by saying that I DO think they were trying to help me.. but it got dragged out for too long. Overall Matt was helpful.. There were however, some big snags..

To be honest.. I thought at the beginning it was going to be a wonderful experience.. as they would pick up my car and drop it off . But after leaving it there, for I think a day or two.. things started to get quite confusing and I felt neglected .

The front receptionist was curt and maybe understandably so..as they had SOOO MANY CARS,, and I had a lot of questions because I knew it was going to be expensive..and their explanations were Greek to me as a lay person, BUT when I was there, there were SOOO many cars, that I think they had bitten off more than they could chew.and could not finish a car once they started it... . consequently things got ... "not so nice"..

.Matt would try and did help me get back and forth to my apt... But due to all of the rif raf.., said he would drive the car at no expense, but I had to take a break and looked into going somewhere else.... I think he is overall a kind hearted person and wanted to help but he, too, was on overload..

Finally decided to just stick with them as my registration date was fast approaching... SO I stuck with them.... THEN... MATT SAID.... " all is well, and we fixed things,, even drove the car 50 miles and Yes, I had passed the smog inspection"..Then the sh hit the fan...

And due to the mistakes that came up, he did not charge me for the second inspection done at his place... because I could have gotten the second inspection where I had originally failed for free.. .. That is how I ended up at this repair shop,,to get it fixed so I would pass,, It was recommended to me... ... and would have been able to go back to the first smog shop and get the repeat for free . ..BUT THEN Matt---

****. Gave me the paperwork..stating all was well and good. They told me to go to AAA to get the sticker.... But this is the worse part... Got to AAA and they did not have record that I had passed... BECAUSE... WHEN I CALLED BRAD'S REPAIR SHOP FROM THE AAA OFFICE... Matt told me that the serviceman.. had done the test on a 2000 rav 4 and not a 1999...AND THAT I would have to come back and get it checked correctly... It was getting late and my reg was due the following day. I paid 50 for ,an extension, since I did not think that Brad's repair shop, was going to have it ready. in time... I was working on borrowed time in the first place , eventhough I always plan 2 months ahead and it was down to the wire due to the lollygagging ...

Soooo had to go back to get it rechecked... then returned to AAA...Yes , .. people make mistakes, but with it being a hassle from the beginning and feeling totally rushed by the receptionist.. that part was not the least bit pleasant.!... She would always say.. I have to go as we have soo many cars and can not talk... .. So in essence, I would have to "sit on it" to say I would recommend them... basically yes and no... but they.. (particularly Matt.. ) ,tried"

Rob R.
Volkswagen Vanagon
05/18/2021
Great Auto Shop!
Matt & Lucas have been helping me restore my 1984 Volkswagen Westfalia Van. They are very knowledgeable and a pleasure to work with. I highly recommend Brad's Foreign and Domestic in Encinitas! Great shop, great resource, wonderful people!

LC
Lynne C.
05/05/2021
Excellent customer service
Customer for 12 years. Always top notch technicians, reasonable prices, fast service. Go the extra mile to.help you out. Laurie is the best!

05/01/2021
Review
Matt and Laurie are very friendly. It’s important to let them know if you need your car back the same day.

Karen B.
Ford Excursion
04/09/2021
Great service, integrity....
Brad's just honored a major warranty repair for me. No questions asked.

BR
Bob & Heather R.
Del Mar, CA
Toyota Sequoia
04/03/2021
excellent service
Brad's is honest and fair, service is excellent. Very qualified mechanics . Been a customer for twenty plus years and wouldn't bother going anywhere else.

Anne S.
Volkswagen Scirocco
03/31/2021
Quick, efficient, friendly service as always...thanks
Professional efficient smog service.....

03/27/2021
The Customer Service
They were friendly and completed the repairs ahead of the time promised.

Marybeth S.
03/16/2021
Honest & Efficient
Have been going to Brads for years. Always good service!

Mark D.
Volvo S40
03/03/2021
So glad I found Brad's!
As the owner of an older Volvo (2007), I am SO glad I found Brad's - and specifically Matt and Layton! My previous mechanic was highly rated, did a great job, was honest with a GREAT reputation - and then he retired and sold his book to another local mechanic who I expected would have the same ethics. Boy was I disappointed!! I am SO relieved to finally have someone who is comparable to my old mechanic and, with the new technology available today, may actually be BETTER! Honest, did the right work as promised, and made me feel like he was genuinely looking out for my best interests! First impressions are everything and consider your first impression impeccable! My mind can now rest easy! Thank you Matt!

SR
Steve R.
03/01/2021
The work gets done right
Been taking my vehicles to Brads for over 20yrs, whatever I needed fixed Matt and his crew always took care of me and repaired it right, Brads Foreign Car will always be my place to go to no matter what I need repaired

PS
Paula S.
Vista, CA
02/16/2021
Friendly good service
Matt takes pride in his work and is always willing to communicate

Lauri works very hard to provide good service.

Thanks for all the years you kept my car running and thank you Matt for being sensitive to financial burdens.

KC
Kristen C.
San Diego, CA
Honda Fit
02/10/2021
Lori and the Crew
I’ve been going to Brad’s for 15 years, and there is nowhere else I’d consider taking my vehicle. Lori is absolutely lovely, and a breath of fresh air to talk to, and I’m grateful for never being pressured into any services - especially when funds were low. They stand behind their work, and I appreciate not only their work ethic, but their kindness and customer service too.