Overall Rating 4.27/5Overall Rating 4.27/5Overall Rating 4.27/5Overall Rating 4.27/5rating 4.27

Dan L.
Monmouth, OR
04/09/2018
Capital Subaru service depart
Had my daughter in law car towed There as it need new timing belt and valves replaced they told us. There price 3800$! Really! I found a guy to put a replacement motor is with new head gaskets and timing belt with a motor that has half the mile of ours for 1400$. Done in 6 1/2 hour not in a shop for the week. Do t use this service department they are a rip off.

Martin L.
10/30/2017
Capitol Subaru
I was greeted kindly by salesman Craig Puff. I had tons of questions and he seemed to know the answers to all of them. Sharp shooter alright. I will definitely return to this fine dealership after this great customer service experience.

Brady M.
Denver, CO
09/09/2017
Unethical Business - Employees Write Positive Reviews
As a precursor to this review, I’d like to point out that I’ve seen a few of their staff members recently post 5-star reviews on Yelp, Facebook, etc. for the “excellent” service and treatment they’ve received at Capitol. This is a very unethical business practice and I’d like to advice anybody reading reviews of Capitol to be mindful of these occurrences.

THE ISSUE:
I bought a used 2010 Subaru Forester in February of this year. The car had a single previous owner who did a trade-in for a newer Forester. The first time I used the car’s AC, the compressor made a horrendous noise, blew warm air, and would intermittently cycle off. In the past few months, after review by Capitol and third-party dealers the following has been concluded: the compressor is on its way out (~$1000 replacement) and there is a leak in the evaporator ($~700 replacement). I highly suspect, but cannot prove, the reason the previous couple traded-in this car for a newer model was to avoid paying $1,700 out of pocket for repairs. I also suspect Capitol talked the previous owner into the purchase of a new car so they could turn around and sell this Forester for a profit. The issue? Capitol did not attempt to repair these issues prior to resale and, although acknowledging they existed at time of purchase, will not work to correct these issues.

MY EXPERIENCE WITH SALES:
The Sales Department was extremely charming at the beginning. They went on and on about the exceptional commitment provided by the Service department. They explicitly gave an example of the Service Manger, Skip Arends, providing a clutch replacement free-of-charge when a hot-headed woman complained to them Capitol about her daughter chewing up the clutch learning to drive a newly purchase vehicle. This gave me immediate trust and admiration for Capitol’s advertised promises of Customer Satisfaction. Now, I see that these were false claims made to bok a sale.

MY EXPERIENCE WITH FINANCE:
The Finance Department really pushed the sale of their third-party 3-year limited warranty, which costs an additional $2,400. I was skeptical about what this included so I pressed to know exactly what items would and would not be covered. The response was that I would receive a booklet in the mail detailing the full terms of the cancel-anytime contract – only after I agreed to buy the warranty. The issue here? The warranty could only be purchased day of sale, and a $75 cancellation fee is charged if you try to cancel the warranty (this is only disclosed after you agree to purchase the warranty). In retrospect, I believe they push the sale of the warranty to push the cost of resale repairs onto the customer (i.e. I pay $2,400 for the warranty so Capitol doesn’t have to pay $1,700 to fix issues prior to resale)

MY EXPERIENCE WITH SERVICE:
Capitol acknowledged the compressor noise but said it was part of its normal operation. I had the evaporator replaced (for $449 out-of-pocket) and still have issues of an intermittent compressor to this day. I recently took my Subaru to another dealer and had them look the AC system over; the first thing they told me was that the compressor is dying and should be replaced. When I told them Capitol brushed off the noise at resale, they were shocked. I checked the Subaru Service Manuals and even called Subaru Corporate – both stated that compressor noise, especially with issues of intermittency, is definitely not normal and needs attention. I went back to Capitol and drilled them for inspection records, standards of maintenance prior to resale, etc. They’ve yet to produce any documentation about the state and performance of the AC system prior to resale. They’ve also yet to explain why they have such low-standards of inspection prior to resale, compared to both Corporate and other dealers.

I cannot recommend anybody do business with Capitol – they have systemic issues throughout the whole organization. Ironically, every service record they provide states “Completely Satisfied” is their only accepted review. I’ve even spoken with Charley Englefried, their Customer Relations Manager about this issue – not even he is willing to fight for the customer to maintain Customer Satisfaction.

RODNEY R.
09/14/2016 Category: Sales
Caring Service
We were dreading the car buying experience. Haggling with a salesman. But we were pleasantly surprised with how haggle-free our experience was. Rylie, our salesman, was kind, very knowledgeable and patient in showing us all of the features of different cars. He took time, lots of time, and explained everything. He even set up our cell phone for us. It was the most pleasant experience we have ever had at dealer ship. The color & interior color we wanted were not on the lot. But, they were able to get one for us overnight so that we had it in time for our trip we were going to take. Excellent service. We love, love our Outback. We would definitely recommend this Dealership to our friends.
Jordan M., Administrator from Capitol Subaru - Salem responded on 09/15/2016

Thank you Rodney! I am happy to hear that we were about to get you all taken care of. I hope you have a fantastic day!

CATHERINE M.
09/13/2016 Category: Service
Service excellent.
Friendly, efficient and attentive to your requests. If there are any other problems that you are not aware, it is brought to your attention. Refreshments are available along with popcorn and fruit. Personnel very friendly and accommodating.
Jordan M., Administrator from Capitol Subaru - Salem responded on 09/15/2016

Thank you Catherine! We really appreciate the kind words. We are always striving to provide our customers with the best experience here at Capitol. I hope you have a great day!

SABRINA M.
09/13/2016 Category: Sales
As painless as buying a car can be
We love our new 2017 Outback station wagon, even if Subaru refuses to call it that. If mom jeans are back, then station wagons are as well. That would make SUV's the new minivans. As far as the buying of our car, we really enjoyed having Jermaine as our salesperson. He was very easy to interact with and did not feed us a corny sales pitch.
Jordan M., Administrator from Capitol Subaru - Salem responded on 09/15/2016

Thank you Sabrina for the kind words and positive review! I am happy to hear that you love your new Outback. Have a great day and enjoy the new car!

CHRISTI C.
Silverton, OR
09/10/2016 Category: Service
Service Center Visit
Fast, pleasant area to wait in.
Jordan M., Administrator from Capitol Subaru - Salem responded on 09/12/2016

Thank you Christi, I hope you have a great day!

DANA C.
Dallas, OR
09/09/2016 Category: Service
Got me in the same day I called. Fixed all the computer problems and I was on my way with a clean car! Everyone remembers you and makes you feel at home.
Jordan M., Administrator from Capitol Subaru - Salem responded on 09/12/2016

Thank you Dana for the positive review. I am happy to hear that we were able to get you taken care of. I hope you have a great day!

JOHN R.
Keizer, OR
SUBARU IMPREZA WAGON (NATL)
Quality service
Excellent facility, service and timely resilts.
Jordan M., Administrator from Capitol Subaru - Salem responded on 09/12/2016

Thank you John, we are always striving to give our customer the best customer service experience! I hope you have a great day!

LF
LYNN F.
Friendly staff
Very good
Jordan M., Administrator from Capitol Subaru - Salem responded on 09/12/2016

Thank you Lynn, I hope you have a great day!

KENNETH M.
Keizer, OR
Okeedokee
Stephaniie does it right. Good job.
Jordan M., Administrator from Capitol Subaru - Salem responded on 09/12/2016

Thank you Kenneth for the positive review. I hope you have a great day!

WG
WENDY G.
Saint Petersburg, FL
09/08/2016 Category: Service
good service
They are great once you get there, but trying to find out service and part info over the phone is next to impossible

CT
CHARLES T.
Lincoln City, OR
Friendly staff
The lady who greeted me was friendly and helpful. I told her I needed my new phone set up with my car and she was going to have that done. We purchased the car from Jackie Hartford in February of '15 and the greeter mentioned that Jackie was retiring in two days. I found Jackie to wish her happy retirement and told her about my new phone. "Let's set that up now," she said and headed to the car. In no time at all she had the phone connected to the blue tooth. I appreciated her willingness to fix that for me. That is the thing I like about Capitol Subaru -- the employees are VERY helpful and friendly.
Jordan M., Administrator from Capitol Subaru - Salem responded on 09/12/2016

Thank you Charles! Your kind words are always appreciated. I hope you have a great day!

DF
DAVID F.
Stayton, OR
09/07/2016 Category: Service
Average performance for them (perfect as usual).
I probably expect more than most, but Capitol Subaru continues to be flawless. Prompt scheduling, work done right, prices always fair. I see why Costco sent me there to buy!
Jordan M., Administrator from Capitol Subaru - Salem responded on 09/12/2016

Thank you David for the kind words and positive review. I am happy to hear that we meet your exceptions as we should! I hope you have a fantastic day!

MARY M.
Silverton, OR
Prompt and efficient!
Prompt and efficient!
Jordan M., Administrator from Capitol Subaru - Salem responded on 09/12/2016

Thank you Mary! I hope you have a great day!

CK
CARL K.
09/07/2016 Category: Service
comfortable waiting area, clear diagnosis, quick resolution
excellent

JOHN B.
Albany, OR
Always on time.
I've used a lot of dealers service on all my cars over the years. Capitol Subaru is by far the best on time, clean, helpful and best of all the car continues to run great.
Jordan M., Administrator from Capitol Subaru - Salem responded on 09/09/2016

Thank you John! Happy to hear that we have given you the best experience. I hope you have a great day!

CODY H.
Banks, OR
09/07/2016 Category: Sales
Awesome service, Impressed Buyer
Everything was amazing, great people, great car, happy buyer. Not sure what else to say, other than i'm a proud new owner of a Subaru.
Jordan M., Administrator from Capitol Subaru - Salem responded on 09/09/2016

Thank you Cody! I'm happy to hear that you had a great experience with us. That's always our goal. Have a great day!

BO
BARBARA O.
Portland, OR
09/06/2016 Category: Service
Fast service, nice waiting room, great coffee and popcorn
I have always had a great service experience with Capitol Subaru (where I bought my car). I especially like the optional car wash!! One little glitch last time was that a couple inspection points (indicated as RED) were not brought to my attention and if I hadn't asked about them, they would not have been addressed. The service person apologized and quickly arranged to get the work done. I was not charged a labor fee for this, which was very correct. I think the service department is really great.
Jordan M., Administrator from Capitol Subaru - Salem responded on 09/09/2016

Thank you Barbara! I am happy to hear that we got you taken care of! I hope you have a great day!

OB
ORDENA B.
SUBARU FORESTER (NATL)
09/06/2016 Category: Service
Nice waiting area, good help, things get fixed
Mike has already called to check on how things went...always done right when Mike is there....
No problem with what I had done...even washed my car!
Jordan M., Administrator from Capitol Subaru - Salem responded on 09/09/2016

Thank you Ordena, your kind words are always appreciated!