4.6

Overall Rating 3.9/5Overall Rating 3.9/5Overall Rating 3.9/5Overall Rating 3.9/5Overall Rating 3.9/5

Deborah W.
09/14/2020
Pretty disappointed. :(
I never leave bad reviews. I think whenever dealing with a service oriented business, there is always an element of excellence. My husband and I have been buying Toyota's from Capitol since they were still located on Mission Blvd. in Salem. We always got the best service, and left the dealership happy.

This last service for our 2015 RAV4 had us leaving, unfortunately, very disappointed.

We had an appointment, but still ended up waiting over 2 hours for our oil change and tire rotation to be completed. During this time, we were contacted by the buy-back specialist (via text message) to ask if we were interested in upgrading our vehicle. And while this wasn't that big of a hassle, it's just that I have received dozens of emails asking me the same thing, some of which I responded to, with no response except another canned email.

We expected to get the typical upsells. Cab air filter, system flushes, etc. But what we got was a service employee showing us a crumpled cab filter that 'needed replacing'. Those filters are $40 dollars. We did not install that crumpled filter. Nor have we ever taken the filter out, crushed it, and then shoved it back into its compartment. So, we must assume, that during our previous service at Capitol Toyota, the technician installed it incorrectly. How is this our fault, and why did we have to pay for it?

After another 30 minutes, another visit from the service department. Apparently our rear brakes are in critical condition! For a cool $300, we can leave with shiny new rear brakes! We flat refused.

A week later we were at Les Schwab where they told us that our rear brakes had plenty of wear, and that whomever told us otherwise was (paraphrasing) scamming us.

Our visit was exhausting (Over 2 hours, really guys? WITH an appointment!), and just sad. We have always loved this dealership. We won't be doing any business there again. :(

Timothy S.
09/03/2020
Dishonest
There is a review from JH. I have experienced the same thing as JH. They pressured the sales so high that the bank would not approve that loan I sent the vehicle back because the loan was not approved. They tried to pressure and squeeze me into thinking that i am liable for the loan. I recommend you all do this research I am pretty sure that I am due to feed back from consumer protection agency lawyers. I
strongly recommend that you really know the consumer laws before dealing with this company. I just don't want others to experience what i did

John H.
07/31/2020
Dishonest
They were very dishonest and tried to squeeze me for every cent they could. In addition they pressured me a great deal. Felt like I was buying a car in the early 1980's. I won't be going back, EVER.

Jonathan M.
Gates, OR
03/06/2020
Very messy
Bought a brand new XSE Camry from these guys and was pleased as punch for the first three months. Then I received a call from their business office, and so began the debacle. Long story short they requested and additional 1500 dollars stating they had made a mistake and that this was due immediately. I told them I didn’t believe I owed it to them and informed them I would have my attorney review it and get back to them. Attorney told me they didn’t have a leg to stand on. I told them to pound sand. Within two weeks I was served at my home on a Sunday morning, early. Summing up here, the judge completely dismissed their bs lawsuit. I could go after their incompetent company for legal fees and court fees but I haven’t. Just steer clear of these guys, they will try to strong arm you and if you don’t stand up for yourself they will take you for all they can. Bunch of bullies. Neither myself or any friends and family have purchased from them since. Good riddance.

Mari Anne G.
02/12/2020
Lee, thank you so much for your persistence and help in finding my dream car - Toyota Rav4 hybrid. You were very professional, personable and committed to finding me the right car. Plus you listened to me and helped me to get the right financing for my budget. (Thank you to Jonah too (in financing)). You also were cognizant of my time and I ended up at the train on time. I would recommend your services to anyone who wants a great car buying experience. Thank you.

Julie T.
01/14/2020
Working with Scott King was a great experience in buying our new pickup
My husband and I had a enjoyable experience test driving pickups with Scott King. He is a pleasant and knowledgeable sales person to work with. He answered all of our questions and gave us extra information to add to our knowledge base. We were very impressed with his knowledge about Toyota products. Scott continued to work with us after our purchase to make sure we knew how all of the features worked in our new pickup. I would definitely buy another vehicle using Scott King as our sales person.

KO
Kevin O.
12/02/2019
Outstanding experience with Mr. Lee Torres
I first spoke with Mr. Torres on the telephone and through friendly conversation I found out Lee was 21 years of age. I was a bit nervous about lee due to his age. That was a big mistake . Lee was very friendly, professional and Toyota knowledgeable . I highly recommend future customers seek Mr. Torres out at capitol Toyota of Salem .

VL
Valerie L.
11/23/2019
Anthony Espericueta was great
Anthony was a pleasure to work with!

Douglas H.
11/03/2019
Purchase of 2012 Dodge Durango Citadel from Anthony E
I had the good fortune to have Anthony ask me if I needed help to find the vehicle that I needed. He got the golf cart and we around the lots of all three dealers. I was looking for a suv that would tow at least 5000 lbs.We found a 2012 Dodge Durango Citadel. Anthony told me it would tow at least 5000 lbs. It tows 7500 lbs.The SUV was perfect. It also had low miles. A problem was found and it was repaired in a a timely manor. Even during negotiations Anthony was a very calming force. We have had the vehicle a few days and are very happy. I would definitely use Anthony again for future purchases.

CR
Cheryl R.
10/11/2019
Leasing a New Car in the Best Possible Way
Leasing a car today at Capitol Toyota was a positive and gratifying experience. Krischen, the point person who helped me, is a good listener. He asked me what I wanted and needed in a car and then helped me find one with all the qualities I mentioned. He was very knowledgeable, answering all my questions about the car. He showed me several other vehicles, making sure I could decide which one I really wanted. He and all the staff I met during the process were friendly and easy to talk with, making the experience one I’ll remember with pleasure.

SD
Selina D.
09/09/2019
Kristian Chavez was super helpful and great!
Went to Wilsonville the other day and they did not have much options there. So decided to head to Capital Toyota in Salem and they had way more options! As soon as I got there, a really wonderful gentleman name Kristian Chavez was able to help my father and I out right away! He was able to answer all of our questions and overall gave us the best experience ever. Today, I was able to purchase a 2019 Camry, all thanks to Kristian! Very great customer service and I look forward on coming back here in the future!!

MF
MURRAY F.
09/02/2019
RICKY DIAZ
So you inter the world of people rushing around in a huge beautiful dealership assisting customers. You are thinking, how am I going to fit in here? I am just one single guy that's looking for one particular car. Maybe I better come back another day. You all of sudden hear a voice and you turn and meet Ricky. At that point you feel like you fit in here. I am not sure what space I am allowed here but I will say this. Each and every time I felt a little uncomfortable he seemed to be there. Fast forward, right up and including delivery he took care of me. There were so many things video's, special reports and so on Ricky did without me asking. Yes, without me asking, his suggestion. Check him out, I will bet you he will handle you the same way he handled me. Thanks again RICKY DIAZ.

MF
MURRAY F.
08/24/2019
Kristina Minahan
Arrived on hot day with no appointment. Looking for a non Toyota car. Looking for a used car which I knew they had, what a beautiful dealership. Was very fortunate to get Kristina as my associate. She knew the ropes, found the car and off we went for a test drive. Bottom line, I bought the car. There were problems, forgot to bring a check, wasn't going to buy a car anyway. Didn't have all the information that was needed for the financial document. ALL these problems were overcome with out me feeling like a jackass. I was able to feel good about my purchase. I am a fair person, I want to treat people fair and honest, I so stated that up front. I think they were straight and honest with me. I was taken with the fact that whomever I dealt with in the organization, they all had the same goal in mind. Treat the person like he or she is the most important thing on the planet. As far as Kistina is concerned, she is number one in my book even if she can't tell the difference between Gold and silver. (color on the car I bought) . If anything should change when I pickup my car I will adjust the review accordingly.

Staci C.
Lincoln City, OR
06/10/2019
Jason Armstrong and Kurt Willis
These two gentleman were the greatest men. They assisted my daughter in getting into something safe and worked with her in every way there are truly no words to express how great it was to be treated with respect in every way. Thank you so much

KW
Kelsey W.
Mcminnville, OR
03/04/2019
Kristina
Krisitna was an amazing sale "man". she was the sweetest. She always made sure we were taken care. Answered all of our questions. Even went on a hunt to look for a car we were interested in. It was a very very pleasant experience. I'd chose her anyday over someone else. Thank you!