Central Ave Service Center

Rene D. on 09/13/2017
Verified badge inactive Verified
"Change for the worst 2017"
This company used to do good automotive work for a fair price. Owner Rich is a good mechanic and has always seemed like a reasonable person up to now. Then he hired a mechanic who was apparently harrassing the front desk lady who made everything flow with regard to scheduling, documentation, and wirk flow. Things seemed to go downhill after she left. Scheduling became confused and they seemed to be taking on more business than they could handle. A group of young kids were hired who produce shoddy work. I had to take my truck back twice to have some fuses replaced. Ultimately, I had to put my interior panel for the truck back on myself as it had been left in the back seat of the cab after the service.
This seemed odd, but I wrote it off as an isolated oversight. After my most recent oil change, my car, which had never spilled a drop of oil on my driveway, was suddenly leaking enough to leave a large oil stain. My fiancé's car is newer and was in pristine condition. It also started leaking oil after a recent routine oil change from this garage.
When I asked why it was leaking I was informed by the teenager at the desk that "It is not leaking. That is seepage. It doesn't happen suddenly. They are two totally different things".
He told me that there was nothing they could have done wrong to cause "seepage". Although he wasn't the mechanic who worked on my car he warned me that to stop this "seepage" would be "a very big job, very expensive to fix".
I asked that Rich examine the car himself. because I was about to take a long driving trip. I can't afford to drive long distance in a car that is "seeping" oil.
When I went to drop off my car. There was a young woman in the office who was very upset. I asked her what happened and she told me they had had her truck for 4 months, had done work that was not requested, and had not done the requested service. She said that she had been arguing with Rich about it when he struck her with something. Just then her father came in the door looking angry, and asked for Rich. He told Rich
"You are going to write paid in full on this receipt and we're leaving. You have two minutes to do that, or I'm calling the Sherriff
because you struck her. You decide how you want to handle this. Rich signed off the receipt and they left. I wanted to take my car and leave, but I have to be in San Francisco tomorrow! I don't know the whole story buu something is wrong here now. Head's up!
Service Date: 09/12/2017
Review Created: 09/13/2017 12:07 PM
Justin W. on 03/03/2017
Verified badge inactive Verified
"AWFUL, INCOMPENTENT, DISRESPECTFUL!!!!!"
AWFUL! INCOMPETENT! DISRESPECTFUL!

THEY DID NOT TOUCH MY VEHICLE FOR NEARLY SIX HOURS, DID NOT FIX THE PROBLEM, THEN TRIED TO CHARGE ME $20 FOR THE GAS THEY PUT IN MY TRUCK.

THE MECHANIC WAS RUDE AND FLIPPED ME OFF WHEN I TOLD HIM I WASN'T GIVING HIM ANY MONEY BECAUSE THEY DIDN'T DO ANYTHING TO MY TRUCK AND WASTED MY ENTIRE DAY!!!!

I am an Active Duty Military member from Mckinleyville and have been serving my Country overseas for the last two and a half years.

I made an appointment on a Monday to have my charcoal fuel canister replaced at 9 am on a Friday. My father had brought my truck into them before and they had identified the problem. I explained the problem again to the Office attendant. When I called again at 3:00 pm they said that they hadn't touched it yet and that they would call me right back. I called again at 3:30 pm because they had not called and spoke with the mechanic. He told me that he had run the engine codes and identified that the charcoal canister needed to be replaced (which I had already told them). He then told me that that was not an item that they stocked and there was nothing they could do today.

So, I explained what the problem was on Monday, they said they could fix it, but didn't mention that they don't carry those parts on hand; I brought my truck in in the morning and explained again what the problem was and no one mentioned that it was something they couldn't fix that day; they kept my truck for six and a half hours and just read they engine codes which I could do myself at Autozone; then when I called them on their incompetence, they tried to charge me and flipped me off and told me not to come back.

BOTTOMELINE: DO NOT GO TO CENTRAL AVENUE SERVICE CENTER!!!!!!!
Service Date: 03/03/2017
Review Created: 03/03/2017 04:36 PM
Cynthia C. on 09/24/2015
Cynthia said the employees at this business did a good job providing service to her vehicle. They did everything she asked and explained everything clearly.
Vehicle: Ford Econoline
Service Date: 08/13/2015
Review Created: 09/24/2015
John A. on 09/10/2015
John said the service is very good and they have always treated him promptly.
Vehicle: Nissan Versa
Service Date: 08/26/2015
Review Created: 09/10/2015
Jared L. on 09/10/2015
Spoke with Linda. She said she goes there all the time and they do an excellent job on her vehicle.
Vehicle: Honda Accord
Service Date: 08/27/2015
Review Created: 09/10/2015
Isha M. on 09/09/2015
Isha said the business handled the problem with her vehicle with ease and she was satisfied with everything.
Vehicle: Toyota Camry
Service Date: 08/28/2015
Review Created: 09/09/2015
Robert S. on 09/03/2015
Robert said the people are nice at this business and the service is quick.
Vehicle: Toyota Tundra
Service Date: 08/14/2015
Review Created: 09/03/2015
Julian B. on 08/19/2015
Julian said he was very satisfied with the service. They did a good job and the price was fair. They did the work in a decent time frame as well.
Vehicle: Subaru Legacy
Service Date: 08/12/2015
Review Created: 08/19/2015
Sara M. on 08/18/2015
Sara said the business was thorough and she appreciated their work.
Vehicle: Toyota Sienna
Service Date: 08/07/2015
Lisa S. on 08/18/2015
Lisa said this business got her vehicle in right away so she did not have to wait.
Vehicle: Subaru Outback
Service Date: 07/28/2015
Carla E. on 08/18/2015
Carla said the business was really quick and they did not overcharge her. They did not take advantage of her.
Vehicle: Chevrolet Blazer
Service Date: 07/17/2015
LOUISE S. on 08/15/2015
"You fixed what was really wrong."
You did not assume what was wrong, you checked and fixed what was actually wrong, even if it meant less profit for you. You found things others had missed, too. And my van runs great now.
Vehicle: Dodge Ram Van
Service Date: 07/23/2015
Review Created: 08/15/2015 11:24 PM
Barry C. on 08/14/2015
Barry said he received good service.
Vehicle: Honda Prelude
Service Date: 07/20/2015
Review Created: 08/14/2015
RUBY R. on 08/13/2015
"it its not righr they do it again"
was all good will be back as needed
Vehicle: Chrysler 300M
Service Date: 08/10/2015
Review Created: 08/13/2015 09:12 PM
RICHARD F. on 07/16/2015
"GREAT FAMILY SERVICE"
They have been taking care of our two cars for three years now. I can count on them to handle my normal service or emergency.
Thanks for taking care of us.
Vehicle: Lincoln LS
Vehicle: Jeep Liberty
Service Date: 07/01/2015
Review Created: 07/15/2015 08:26 PM
Scott S. on 06/26/2015
Scott said the business seemed to be straightforward.
Vehicle: Toyota Sequoia
Service Date: 06/05/2015
Review Created: 06/26/2015
Mike B. on 06/24/2015
Mike said he has known the business for years and they take good care of him. They always have a smile.
Vehicle: Chevrolet Colorado
Service Date: 05/26/2015
Review Created: 06/24/2015
Silvia S. on 06/24/2015
Silvia said this business is great and truly awesome. She was amazed with the service that was performed. They did not charge her extra and overall she is totally happy with them.
Vehicle: Toyota Camry