GS
Garry S.
Subaru Legacy
01/17/2019
Chequered Flag Automotive is a small business with which I have done business for over a generation. The owner and the mechanics are easily accessible, honest, personable, and take pride in their work. I would recommend them for routine maintenance of any vehicle, new or old.
Scott B. from Chequered Flag Automotive responded on 01/18/2019

Thank you Garry. We are happy to help you and your entire family with your automotive needs. It is always a pleasure to see and speak with you.

Rebecca G.
Marietta, GA
01/16/2019
Honest Reliable Team
I’ve been going to Chequered Flag for over 20 years. Scott and his team are honest, reliable, and always take care of my cars well.
Scott B. from Chequered Flag Automotive responded on 01/18/2019

Thank you Rebecca. The first 20 years were great and we are looking forward to taking care of you for 20 more!

SO
Steve O.
Norcross, GA
Dodge Dakota
01/07/2019
Consistently Thorough Repairs
Numerous codes on my daughter's 214,000 mile 2001 Dakota Sport were independently attacked by CF prior to emissions testing. Hard to find parts were acquired by the next day and the repairs completed by end of that day. Scott and his team are knowledgeable and honest, earning our trust .. and our money !
Scott B. from Chequered Flag Automotive responded on 01/07/2019

Thank you Steve! "Kota" is back in better health now, but still needs a little bit more to get through the final hoops to be emissions ready. Thank you and Morgan for trusting our judgement on how to address the numerous issues that were present. Almost there...

GG
George G.
Marietta, GA
Ford Bronco
12/08/2018 Category: Service
George said he would recommend this business for service.
Scott B. from Chequered Flag Automotive responded on 12/18/2018

Thank you George. We will bet that it is a real thrill to drive your old Bronco once the worn out 302 was replaced with a warmed up 415 HP 347 and a 5 speed. What a difference! Thanks for entrusting us with the parts selections and fabrication work to make your wishes come true!

Dennis M.
Smyrna, GA
12/04/2018 Category: Service
Dennis said that the place did a good job,
Scott B. from Chequered Flag Automotive responded on 12/10/2018

Thank you for trusting us with your museum piece of an MGA! What a beautiful car.

KP
Kelsey P.
Georgia
Honda Civic Si
11/14/2018 Category: Service
Kelsey said the business was very helpful and honest.
Scott B. from Chequered Flag Automotive responded on 11/19/2018

Thank you Kelsey! Welcome to the Chequered Flag Automotive family.

CF
Charles Hollywood F.
Lexus LS 460
10/30/2018
Professional, courteous highest quality work.
Only place I'll go for non-warranty work. Scott and his team are VERY knowledgeable and extremely fairly priced!
Scott B. from Chequered Flag Automotive responded on 10/31/2018

Thank you Hollywood!!! We couldn't do the work we do without great customers like you and your family! We hope your bride is back up to speed soon.

Justin M.
10/19/2018 Category: Service
Justin said they were honest. They told him what was wrong with his vehicle beforehand, and for a good price.
Scott B. from Chequered Flag Automotive responded on 10/25/2018

Thank you Justin! We were happy to be of service and look forward to seeing you in the future!

John P.
10/03/2018
Great service and pricing
As always, they were very through going over the problem and provided a bill that was very reasonable.
Scott B. from Chequered Flag Automotive responded on 10/03/2018

Thank you John. We are glad to be of service to you!

Robert R.
09/19/2018 Category: Service
Robert said the staff is great. They pay good attention to detail and they are good guys.
Scott B. from Chequered Flag Automotive responded on 09/25/2018

Thanks Robert! That little Austin Sprite of yours is really looking sharp now!!!

FG
Frank G.
Woodstock, GA
09/15/2018
Post inspection of my 69 MGB GT
Well I didn’t expect anything but the honest and truth about the vehicle I purchased on line. Scott as usual gave me the honest on target what the vehicle is and no sugar coating what I purchased. He went over the whole vehicle with me and showed me every leak in the motor and suspension components that are totally worn out then to the transmission leaks. Last but not least the paint job and body panels where possibly of body filler. He all so advice me to contact the seller and tell him what we found and to file and open case with eBay to start the process of returning the vehicle and getting a refund. I could ask for anymore help in knowledge of the vehicle plus the online stuff cause I’m not that type of type. I am very grateful for Knowing Scott for his mechanical abilities and being a honest up front friend in automotive repair business. Thanks Scott
Scott B. from Chequered Flag Automotive responded on 09/20/2018

Thank you Frank for trusting us to tell it like it is.  Chris and I really don't enjoy telling anyone that their newly acquired car isn't all it was supposed to be, but we do know that we are capable of turning it into what you really wanted. To everyone reading this review online, a prepurchase inspection can really save you heartache. Please let us know how we can help you.

Dhanush P.
Atlanta, GA
09/10/2018 Category: Service
Dhanush said that he would recommend this business for service.
Scott B. from Chequered Flag Automotive responded on 09/12/2018

Thanks Dhanush! We are glad you are OK after hearing about the wrong way driver trying to destroy your beautiful little Mini!!! Please let us know if the body shop needs help sourcing parts to put her back together.

MJ
Michelle J.
Woodstock, GA
08/23/2018 Category: Service
Michelle said the staff at this facility did a great job. They fixed her vehicle in one day.
Scott B. from Chequered Flag Automotive responded on 08/27/2018

Thank you Michelle! We are happy that what seemed like a major problem to you was actually a minor "fix" to us. We are glad your BMW is back to driving like new.

David S.
Nissan Murano
08/16/2018
Good value
I always feel like I have received good value for what I have been charged as well as really good quality work. Thanks!
Scott B. from Chequered Flag Automotive responded on 08/20/2018

Thank you David. We are happy to be your source for maintenance and repair needs on your vehicles. Please let us know how we can be of assistance in the future!

Derek B.
Cumming, GA
08/14/2018
Excellent work and customer service
I recently purchased a 69 Firebird 400 which had been sitting in a garage for over seven years. I was recommended by a couple of friends that had recently had work performed by Scott and company. After an initial inspection by "The Flag" guys, Scott went through the work that needed to be done complete with an approximate timeline. During the process of repairs, Scott gave me regular updates on parts and went into meticulous detail on the various repairs. He really took his time to explain everything. The car was completed on time and I received an extremely comprehensive report on every repair.

I would recommend Checkered Flag to anyone! Very friendly guys who know their stuff!!! Thanks again Scott and also to Shaun who worked on my car.
Scott B. from Chequered Flag Automotive responded on 08/20/2018

Thank you for the kind words Derek! We strive hard to provide exactly what you have described. We take great pride in our workmanship and attention to detail. You have entrusted us with one of your prized possessions and we treat it as such. Please let us know when you are ready for the next step (after the bathroom remodel you promised your wonderful wife!).

DA
Dan A.
Chevrolet Camaro
08/03/2018 Category: Service
Dan said this business did a great job for him. He appreciated what they did and would like to thank them for their work.
Scott B. from Chequered Flag Automotive responded on 08/07/2018

Thank you Dan! We worked hard to make sure your wifes one owner 67 Camaro was everything that it should be when we were finished. Thank you for entrusting us with her baby!!!

Robert R.
07/31/2018 Category: Service
Robert said the business did a good job.
Scott B. from Chequered Flag Automotive responded on 08/02/2018

Thank you for the feedback Robert!

Diane B.
Honda S2000
07/20/2018 Category: Service
Diane said the facility was a little expensive.
Scott B. from Chequered Flag Automotive responded on 07/24/2018

This vehicle arrived with 6 codes of which most were not related to each other. The downside to being thorough is it does take billable time to properly diagnose the failures on the vehicle. The customer was kept well advised throughout the procedure and authorized every step to be taken. Our labor rate is competitive with neighboring shops and far less than what the local dealerships charge. The vehicle is properly repaired and we stand behind our work!

David H.
07/17/2018
great place for car repair
This has been our go to place for 15 years to have both our cars ( Toyota Camry and Mazda 6 Wagon ) repaired and maintained. You can't find better in north Atlanta. They do custom work on all kinds of sports cars too.
I always want to drive out with one of those I see Scott and Shane working on.
Scott B. from Chequered Flag Automotive responded on 07/19/2018

Thanks David! We are lucky to have great customers like you Ms Morningstaaa! Thank you for all of your years of patronage! You don't have to "want" to drive out in a sports car... Let's build one for you!

HC
Hank C.
Atlanta, GA
Oldsmobile Cutlass
06/21/2018 Category: Service
Hank said they do a great job.
Scott B. from Chequered Flag Automotive responded on 06/22/2018

Thank you Hank! Please let us know when you are ready for the next round of repairs to get the Cutlass back into the condition you want it in!