CF
Charles Hollywood F.
Lexus LS 460
10/30/2018
Professional, courteous highest quality work.
Only place I'll go for non-warranty work. Scott and his team are VERY knowledgeable and extremely fairly priced!
Scott B. from Chequered Flag Automotive responded on 10/31/2018

Thank you Hollywood!!! We couldn't do the work we do without great customers like you and your family! We hope your bride is back up to speed soon.

Justin M.
10/19/2018 Category: Service
Justin said they were honest. They told him what was wrong with his vehicle beforehand, and for a good price.
Scott B. from Chequered Flag Automotive responded on 10/25/2018

Thank you Justin! We were happy to be of service and look forward to seeing you in the future!

John P.
10/03/2018
Great service and pricing
As always, they were very through going over the problem and provided a bill that was very reasonable.
Scott B. from Chequered Flag Automotive responded on 10/03/2018

Thank you John. We are glad to be of service to you!

Robert R.
09/19/2018 Category: Service
Robert said the staff is great. They pay good attention to detail and they are good guys.
Scott B. from Chequered Flag Automotive responded on 09/25/2018

Thanks Robert! That little Austin Sprite of yours is really looking sharp now!!!

FG
Frank G.
09/15/2018
Post inspection of my 69 MGB GT
Well I didn’t expect anything but the honest and truth about the vehicle I purchased on line. Scott as usual gave me the honest on target what the vehicle is and no sugar coating what I purchased. He went over the whole vehicle with me and showed me every leak in the motor and suspension components that are totally worn out then to the transmission leaks. Last but not least the paint job and body panels where possibly of body filler. He all so advice me to contact the seller and tell him what we found and to file and open case with eBay to start the process of returning the vehicle and getting a refund. I could ask for anymore help in knowledge of the vehicle plus the online stuff cause I’m not that type of type. I am very grateful for Knowing Scott for his mechanical abilities and being a honest up front friend in automotive repair business. Thanks Scott
Scott B. from Chequered Flag Automotive responded on 09/20/2018

Thank you Frank for trusting us to tell it like it is.  Chris and I really don't enjoy telling anyone that their newly acquired car isn't all it was supposed to be, but we do know that we are capable of turning it into what you really wanted. To everyone reading this review online, a prepurchase inspection can really save you heartache. Please let us know how we can help you.

Dhanush P.
09/10/2018 Category: Service
Dhanush said that he would recommend this business for service.
Scott B. from Chequered Flag Automotive responded on 09/12/2018

Thanks Dhanush! We are glad you are OK after hearing about the wrong way driver trying to destroy your beautiful little Mini!!! Please let us know if the body shop needs help sourcing parts to put her back together.

MJ
Michelle J.
08/23/2018 Category: Service
Michelle said the staff at this facility did a great job. They fixed her vehicle in one day.
Scott B. from Chequered Flag Automotive responded on 08/27/2018

Thank you Michelle! We are happy that what seemed like a major problem to you was actually a minor "fix" to us. We are glad your BMW is back to driving like new.

David S.
Nissan Murano
08/16/2018
Good value
I always feel like I have received good value for what I have been charged as well as really good quality work. Thanks!
Scott B. from Chequered Flag Automotive responded on 08/20/2018

Thank you David. We are happy to be your source for maintenance and repair needs on your vehicles. Please let us know how we can be of assistance in the future!

Derek B.
Cumming, GA
08/14/2018
Excellent work and customer service
I recently purchased a 69 Firebird 400 which had been sitting in a garage for over seven years. I was recommended by a couple of friends that had recently had work performed by Scott and company. After an initial inspection by "The Flag" guys, Scott went through the work that needed to be done complete with an approximate timeline. During the process of repairs, Scott gave me regular updates on parts and went into meticulous detail on the various repairs. He really took his time to explain everything. The car was completed on time and I received an extremely comprehensive report on every repair.

I would recommend Checkered Flag to anyone! Very friendly guys who know their stuff!!! Thanks again Scott and also to Shaun who worked on my car.
Scott B. from Chequered Flag Automotive responded on 08/20/2018

Thank you for the kind words Derek! We strive hard to provide exactly what you have described. We take great pride in our workmanship and attention to detail. You have entrusted us with one of your prized possessions and we treat it as such. Please let us know when you are ready for the next step (after the bathroom remodel you promised your wonderful wife!).

DA
Dan A.
Chevrolet Camaro
08/03/2018 Category: Service
Dan said this business did a great job for him. He appreciated what they did and would like to thank them for their work.
Scott B. from Chequered Flag Automotive responded on 08/07/2018

Thank you Dan! We worked hard to make sure your wifes one owner 67 Camaro was everything that it should be when we were finished. Thank you for entrusting us with her baby!!!

Robert R.
07/31/2018 Category: Service
Robert said the business did a good job.
Scott B. from Chequered Flag Automotive responded on 08/02/2018

Thank you for the feedback Robert!

Diane B.
Honda S2000
07/20/2018 Category: Service
Diane said the facility was a little expensive.
Scott B. from Chequered Flag Automotive responded on 07/24/2018

This vehicle arrived with 6 codes of which most were not related to each other. The downside to being thorough is it does take billable time to properly diagnose the failures on the vehicle. The customer was kept well advised throughout the procedure and authorized every step to be taken. Our labor rate is competitive with neighboring shops and far less than what the local dealerships charge. The vehicle is properly repaired and we stand behind our work!

David H.
07/17/2018
great place for car repair
This has been our go to place for 15 years to have both our cars ( Toyota Camry and Mazda 6 Wagon ) repaired and maintained. You can't find better in north Atlanta. They do custom work on all kinds of sports cars too.
I always want to drive out with one of those I see Scott and Shane working on.
Scott B. from Chequered Flag Automotive responded on 07/19/2018

Thanks David! We are lucky to have great customers like you Ms Morningstaaa! Thank you for all of your years of patronage! You don't have to "want" to drive out in a sports car... Let's build one for you!

HC
Hank C.
Oldsmobile Cutlass
06/21/2018 Category: Service
Hank said they do a great job.
Scott B. from Chequered Flag Automotive responded on 06/22/2018

Thank you Hank! Please let us know when you are ready for the next round of repairs to get the Cutlass back into the condition you want it in!

BT
Bob T.
Jasper, GA
Jaguar XK Series
06/16/2018 Category: Service
Bob said he went into the business to have a few services done, an oil change, a lube service, and light bulbs changed. 2 out of the 3 things, they were not able to do. His electrical isn't working properly now. He is unsure if it is related to the service the business provided.
Scott B. from Chequered Flag Automotive responded on 06/19/2018

We have the option to ask the customer to regrade us, but we have chosen to leave this one as is... With 393 reviews and an average of 4.935 out of 5, this just proves you can't make everybody happy! Per his request, the oil and filter were changed, the lubrication points on his vehicle do not exist, and we were asked to check all of the light bulbs. The vehicle not having serviceable lubrication points on the chassis is certainly not our fault and should not be held against us. The lighting was thoroughly checked to the point of disassembly and electrically testing the pulse width modulated LED light module. We recommended that he return the vehicle to the Jaguar dealership for further diagnosis of the vehicle. We did not charge him one penny for our time and efforts to attempt the diagnosis on his vehicle. To give us a poor recommendation when one service item was done properly, one service item did not even apply to his vehicle, and one item was going to take further service that would likely only be able to be accomplished by the dealerships diagnostic equipment was in poor taste in our judgement. In today's world of increasingly more complex vehicles, some people will be a bit quicker than others to figure out that late model Jaguars are going to have a lot of issues and some of them will not be simple fixes...

Dhanush P.
06/14/2018 Category: Service
Dhanush said the service was good, but it took a long time to get scheduled for the work.
Scott B. from Chequered Flag Automotive responded on 06/19/2018

We are glad to hear that you are happy with the engine repairs on your old Mini. The down side to having a very good reputation is we stay very busy. Please let us know when we can be of further service to you.

NB
Noah B.
Cadillac Catera
06/12/2018 Category: Service
Noah said the staff gave him a diagnosis on his vehicle that nobody else managed to find.
Scott B. from Chequered Flag Automotive responded on 06/19/2018

Thank you for the feedback Noah. We take pride in being thorough and were happy that we could figure out the gremlins that the previous shops were unable to. Please let us know when we can help you again in the future.

SO
Steve O.
Norcross, GA
Chevrolet El Camino
05/22/2018 Category: Service
Steve said the service was great. The employees provided excellent workmanship.
Scott B. from Chequered Flag Automotive responded on 05/24/2018

Thank you Steve! We hope you and your daughter have a great and safe trip on Hot Rod Power Tour 2018!!!

KL
Ken L.
FIAT Spider
04/30/2018
Clean, friendly, professional
This was my first visit to Chequered Flag with my 1981 Fiat Spider. Previous work had been done by good people, but they simply did not know how/what to do the needed engine work and had managed to pretty much ruin it. I discovered Chequered Flag and had the auto towed there. ONE DAY later I drove it home and it is running as well or better than ever. I have owned this car for 35 years. Some items have simply gotten old or worn out. ( like me ) Scott prepared a list of recommended repairs to bring it to "show room condition". The family wants to fix it up and keep it. If I decide to do that, Scott and company are the only ones I will ever let touch it !!
Scott B. from Chequered Flag Automotive responded on 05/02/2018

Thank you for the awesome review Ken. While we work hard to try to keep up with modern car technology, sometimes you just have to go back to your roots! Every item we repaired on your old fuel injected Fiat had obviously been tampered with by someone who simply didn't understand what they were doing. Lots of tuning and tweaking of the various bits made the car perk right up. If you do decide to keep the vehicle, we will be happy to bring the rest of it back to the condition that it should be kept in. If you part with it, please let the new owner know we will be glad to help them as well.

KL
Krystal L.
INFINITI M37
04/16/2018
The honesty, integrity, and value makes Chequered Flag Automotive a continuously great experience.
I’ve been a customer for 3 years now. Scott ALWAYS makes certain that I’m satisfied with the work Chequered Flag performs on my car. He strives to provide the best customer service by ensuring my vehicle is running perfectly upon pickup. I’ve personally experienced him take the time to correct an issue after business hours due to a bad replacement part because he cares so much about the end result. So glad I’ve found a place I can trust and rely on.
Scott B. from Chequered Flag Automotive responded on 04/16/2018

Thank you Krystal and Adam! We work hard to make certain we provide you with the service that you deserve. It is great having customers like you that trust us to do the right thing.