SA
STACY A.
05/16/2016
Non ethical
I brought my van in because it was making a horrible noise- it sounded like it was literally dragging metal on the ground.
Christensen's looked at it & called me & said its the water pump. But the alternator could go out at any time. $500 water pump & then another $470 to replace alternator. I said PLEASE DO NOT FIX IT UNTIL MAY 13th because that's when we get paid. The lady on the phone said that's fine, & asked me if we wanted to keep the van there until then. Me: sure i can't drive it home.
I called 5 days prior to May 13th to see if I could just come & get it & she said it was done.
I was so upset that they fixed it without our permission. But, as the work was done...we paid the near $1,000.00 & took it home.
It was leaking a lot of antifreeze. We took it back today. They said it needs a new radiator. They would $600.
I already feel like I was gauged. My van always started. So I know the alternator was just fine. I called back to get my van 5 whole days prior to giving them permission to work on it because I felt they weren't being honest.
Dennis C. from Christensen Tire & Auto Service Tire Store responded on 05/20/2016

I talked to this customer about her issues; I gave the option to replace the water pump only or also include the alternator at this time as a perventative measure; the alternator was very noisy.
She stated that she would discuss it with her husband; called back;  stated that they had decided to do both but that they were not going to be able to pickup or pay till 5/13. I do not remember the part about "Do not fix till May 13th" I remember they could not pick up or pay till May 13th. They brought van back stating
there was a leak; brought in inspected found leak coming from radiator.  The customer was shown the issue and was given a quote. Stated they may replace van; offer was made to do per purcahse inspection for them; customer thank Ed and shook his hand. When they came in about the radiator leak issue they did not indicate displeasure.

Called 5/14 offered reduced price for current issue never returned
call.

Linda Christensen

KW
KEN W.
09/21/2019
Brake Service Caused New Problem
Complete brake job performed; everything seemed great for a couple of weeks until a mysterious moaning noise developed when first driving forward after car sat for an hour or longer; and was getting worse: transmission, suspension, drive train? Made an appointment with dealership, and mechanic there finally traced it down to grease on the rear right caliper that had gotten onto the pads. Per Heintz: previous service should not have used any grease on calipers. Dealership performed a thorough cleaning and grinding down of the new pads and the noise is gone; at a cost of $176 :(
Do not think I will use Christensen for further brake jobs.

Chad S.
09/17/2018 Category: Service
Chad said he has always had good experiences with this business, but this last time they tried to take advantage of his wife. They gave her a ridiculously high price on service and tried to up sell work. He doesn't think he will be using them again.

GB
Gene B.
Elysian, MN
07/30/2013 Category: Service
Gene said the service at this business was fine, but everything was overpriced. He would not recommend them to others because of the price.
Dennis C. from Christensen Tire & Auto Service Tire Store responded on 08/02/2013

Gene,

Thank you for informing us of your concern. I agree you were overcharged. I will believe it was a simple error in the time billing but I will talk with the person who billed it out and will refunding the overcharge. Expect a call from myself or Linda.

Denny Christensen

MT
MARTHA T.
Buick Century
07/21/2013
oil changes
i thought oil changes come with topping off all the fluids and filling the tires with air, guess not so i dont think i will be back there for another oil change sorry.

Good morning Martha,

I'm confused about your poor grading of our service. I checked your invoice and there were no additional charges and we also gave you a $10.00 discount. Also, I checked the work order and all your fluid levels and tire pressures were checked and were OK. Please let me know if this is not correct.

Denny Christensen

TR
Terry R.
Chevrolet Traverse
07/15/2019 Category: Service
Terry said he feels the business over charged him for something he asked them to only look at.

NM
Nick M.
11/27/2018 Category: Service
Nick said the tires that he got were fine, however, he was told that there was a single tire that he could purchase and when he got his vehicle to the business, he was told that the tires came in a pair for double the originally quoted price.

PH
Peggy H.
Chevrolet S-10
08/16/2018 Category: Service
Peggy said that the place had reasonable prices but the basic service took three times as long as it should have.

RICHARD G.
Waterville, MN
Chevrolet Traverse
03/29/2017
Appointment @ 9 am and was not done until 4 pm
Scheduled appointment @ 9 am for a oil change, tire rotation and check one tire. The work was not completed until approx. 4 pm but no phone call that there was going to be a delay

GF
Gary F.
10/10/2014 Category: Service
Gary said everything was fine but it was his first time at the business.

Larry S.
Buick Park Avenue
09/09/2014 Category: Service
Larry said they did not put on matching tires.

PH
Peggy H.
Chevrolet S10 Pickup
04/17/2014 Category: Service
Peggy said she thought the cost was a little expensive.

LK
Lori K.
03/26/2014 Category: Service
Lori said this business put a new transmission and filter in her vehicle but did not flush her transmission, even knowing she was going to go across the country with this vehicle. She said halfway through her trip her vehicle broke down. She absolutely loves them and just had one bad experience.

ND
Nathan D.
07/23/2013 Category: Service
Nathan said it took a while to do the work and they were not busy.

David M.
01/18/2020 Category: Service
David said he would recommend this business for service.