JOHN A.
Isuzu Pickup
03/28/2020
Another great customer service experience
Knew I had a problem with my small truck and a leaking coolant issue. Cutshaw figured out the problem, took care of it and very reasonable cost! Life long customer here!

DRay H.
Chesterfield, VA
Mercury Grand Marquis
03/27/2020
Lightning fast service.
I was shocked (see what I did there) to have been taken care of so quickly. I was told about 3 hours and they were done in 45 minutes. The staff has really stepped up their game in times of turmoil.

Surita M.
Nissan Murano
03/21/2020
Great experience as always!
It's so refreshing to find a mechanic in your neighborhood who doesnt overcharge you and explains your issues to you. Ashley was great in calling us when our car was ready and as always, we will take our vehicle here.

Martha L.
Nissan Pathfinder
03/18/2020 Category: Service
Spoke with Juan. He said this business had good service and everything was good.

Sarah M.
Nissan Rogue
03/17/2020
Outstanding service
Cutshaw is the most reliable and trustworthy mechanic I have ever worked with!

TR
Tom R.
Honda Accord Coupe
03/06/2020
Consistently great service
Brought my Accord in for a state inspection this time. Dropped off at 0730 and was complete by 0900. I have had other services at Cutshaw on multiple vehicles and have always been satisfied with the work and impressed with the service.

02/27/2020
Friendly, fast service, reasonable rates
I went in for a state inspection. It didn't take much time at all, they recommended that I replace my brake pads because they barely passed inspection. That was also a quick job. Friendly, prompt service.

Alyssa M.
Virginia
02/18/2020 Category: Service
Alyssa said everything went fine during the inspection of her vehicle.

DAVID D.
Acura TSX
02/15/2020
Outstanding service !!
The best auto service in Richmond. Personnel treat customers like royalty and the service is the best.

CR
Carolyn R.
Virginia
02/14/2020 Category: Service
Spoke with Tony. He said the service was great and they were convenient.

Honda Fit
02/13/2020
Easy, Quick & Reliable!
Love that I can drop my car off the night before for service/inspection and it will be ready for me the next day. Super convenient!

KC
Katie C.
01/31/2020
Not coming back
I always appreciate the honest and hardworking mechanics at Cutshaw. It's refreshing, and hard to find. I used to think I'd be coming here as long as I'm in Richmond, but I will no longer be a returning customer.

The last few times I've been at Cutshaw, things haven't been the best. Once, my leather wheel cover was scraped by the mechanics set of keys, which has now faded with time. Recently when I got new tires, the tire pressure sensor had broken. When I called, I was told to check my tire pressure, which I did. Still nothing. I've been riding around with the sensor on for months. It's just a minor inconvenience, so I didn't bother to take it back before I had to.

This most recent time was the most disappointing. I had made an appointment to come in for my 51K mileage service. I made the appointment for 10am. I know that inspections are first come first serve, but I assumed if you have an appointment, that would be held and your car would hopefully get done that day. I did say I needed to pick it up by the end of the day, anyways.

I waited and waited and no call. My daughter's daycare was about to close and so was Cutshaw but I hadn't heard anything - no calls saying "hey were backed up, this won't get done today" or "are you okay leaving it overnight?". So, I called. I was told that my car was just getting started on and it wouldn't be ready until the next day. I would've appreciated being reached out to, and much earlier than 4:30pm when I asked for it by EOD, but we can make it work.
I called the next morning around 10/11, assuming that if it had been started on it would be done pretty early. Nope. I was told that my car was still 3rd in line. At this point, I'm disappointed. I was given incorrect and untruthful information the day before. I could've taken my car home the previous day.. I could've saved myself the hassle of navigating 2 working parents and a daycare pickup by getting my car back and bringing it in the next morning. It gets to be 4pm the next day and still nothing. I call back. I hear there's a part that they need to fix (for my tire pressure sensor monitor, which I made mention of when I was dropping my car off) but it won't be in until the next morning and ask if I can leave it again tonight.

At this point, I'm not only disappointed but just frustrated and mad. No, I can't leave it for a 2nd night and 3rd day! My bill was literally charged for 1 hour of labor. At this point my car had been there almost 30+ hours. I don't even want to bring it back because I really can't afford for more time off work, getting help with rides getting there and back, or risking that something I was told would be really quick will actually take 3 hours. I asked how I will know when to come in when it actually can be done quickly - and I was told "as long as we have an open bay" - that's not really a guarantee and generally unreliable information so I just have to suck it up and assume it will probably take all day.

Update on the Thursday appointment - there's already been a string of miscommunications. First I was told it won't take long at all and it'll be quick, then I was told I can wait for it when I made an appointment for 10 am. I dropped my car off and was told "I'll do my best for you" but not even a promise of EOD. What is the point of making an appointment... when 1) you don't actually have an appointment time? 2) you may have to leave it overnight? It's all just SO inconvenient. Thankfully, somehow it was able to get done in a little over an hour. You know what the catch is... the tire pressure STILL doesn't work!! The light doesn't come on, which is great, but no one checked to see if the new monitoring system sensors actually checked my tire pressure like they used to. How can you replace a part, but not check to see if it reads the tire pressure?

I'm just disappointed time and time again. There's no way I want to go back. Like I said, I've always appreciated the honesty and quality of work done at Cutshaw, but as a working parent, I need reliability and I **need** to be communicated with.

WL
Will L.
Ford Expedition
01/30/2020
Solid business
Have been there twice and they could have charged more and I probably would never have known but they did not.

Taylor M.
01/30/2020
The staff at Cutshaw was extremely helpful, even when my car's problems could not be fixed.

01/22/2020
Consistently friendly service
The staff at cutshaw is always pleasant to talk to, especially Nick and Jack, and they're very transparent with what services need to be done to keep my car running smoothly. Sometimes it takes a bit longer to get my car back, but that's to be expected with a shop that ensures the work is done right. Zero complaints.