SA
Shane A.
Honda Fit
08/16/2019 Category: Service
Shane said they did a good job.

KD
Katie D.
Ford F-250 Super Duty
08/09/2019
State Inspection and maintenance
The team at Cutshaw is always courteous and helpful. We bring all of our vehicles to Cutshaw. The guys in the shop are honest and genuine.

08/08/2019
Always excellent service
As always, Domingo and Nick were friendly, honest, and provided quick service. Cutshaw employs good, honest mechanics. They are my auto shop for as long as I'm in Richmond.

Hyundai Santa Fe
08/06/2019
UGH
Service - I asked for a safety check and someone who did not look at my car called to let me know that three bulbs had to be replaced. I had to ask if someone had checked the belts, breaks, etc., and am not 100% sure the guy really knew the answer - he said they had but I am doubtful.

Then, I told 2 guys that I needed to pick the car up, gave my cc and said to lock my car. When I showed up at around 7:45pm, a HOMELESS MAN EXITED MY CAR, pretended he was making sure everything was secure with my car, waved at the empty garage and walked off. He was SMOKING in my car - probably the first cigarette. It STUNK. He STOLE the change I had in the ashtray. I have two witnesses who were dropping me off ;).

CK
Colleen K.
08/06/2019
Friendly and helpful
First time going to Cutshaw Automotive and I am very happy with the service. Everyone there was friendly and helpful. I appreciate there thoroughness and explaining what they did to my car.

CY
Chris Y.
08/06/2019 Category: Service
Chris said the service is always good. The employees are efficient, prompt, on time, if there is a separate issue they will contact the customer to let them know and he's never had any issues.

GS
Gayle/Stephen S.
08/05/2019
Promises Delayed
If you tell me you can inspect the car and get it to me the next day, and if you tell me you’ll start first thing in the morning if I leave a key and the car overnight...then I expect you will. I don’t expect I should have to tell you that I am leaving for a funeral when you’re finished. I don’t expect to get a call and hear I have to wait another day. I don’t expect to have to buy an overpriced lightbulb in order to pass inspection. But sadly, that is what happened this round.

You have all our phone numbers in the records. Communication is key to good service. You may need to think about how and why that matters.

Joe W.
Nissan Frontier
08/02/2019
Engine repair
Sadly, a more complex job than I could do; Cutshaw got it done quickly and for a bit less (!) than they had estimated. The Saturday drop-off was a plus.

Johnathan G.
Brunswick, ME
Mercury Sable
08/02/2019 Category: Service
Jonathan said basically it was a one day fix and it took 6 days to fix the vehicle.
Cutshaw Automotive T., Owner from Cutshaw Automotive responded on 08/07/2019

Very sorry for the delay.  Delay is one thing...but if we did not communicate it effectively that's not ok.  We appreciate your feedback.

Champe, Owner

Volkswagen Jetta Sedan
08/01/2019
Nice people
I have been here a few times now and always felt comfortable and well informed about whatever’s going on w my vehicle. They recently took my car in on short notice, and had it back to me super quick, at a price I thought was reasonable for the repairs.

07/20/2019
Best in business
These guys do amazing work, are extremely professional, and keep you coming back with positive attitudes

Carol B.
Hyundai Santa Fe
07/19/2019

Jonathan M.
07/18/2019
Friendly, efficient, and professional service.
Your quick diagnosis determined that the problem was much smaller than it appeared to be. Your fee was more than fair and I would not hesitate to return whenever the need arises.

07/16/2019
Reliable, fast, and fair
Cutshaw automotive is a great place. My car is always ready when they say it will be and super fast. Price is fair. They are always super helpful explaining what needs to be done and why.

KK
kenneth k.
Honda Civic Coupe
07/15/2019
Timely and Reasonably Priced!
I've been going to Cutshaw auto for a few years now. I've been taking my cars there for a while, over three different vehicles, for my regular maintenance and repairs. This last visit I took my car in for an oil change and tire check before going on a longer trip. The cost was around 60ish dollars for full synthetic oil, which was 20 dollars cheaper than at the dealership. I dropped my car off at lunch and it was ready before 4 PM, even though I expected it to be done by the day after due to a big line of cars waiting. As someone who used to work in at a service station as a Inspection Mechanic a few years ago, I've found their prices to be some of the best in the city for the service. Will definitely continue taking my car there in the future.

Sallie M.
07/14/2019
Excellent customer service!
This place is wonderful. I was in a real bind as we recently moved here, my husband was out of town, and my car was having an issue. I drove my car over and they quickly had a mechanic drive it with me to attempt to diagnose the problem. They resolved my issue, keeping me posted on their progress. We will definitely bring our car here for any future repairs.

KD
Katie D.
07/13/2019
Amazing customer service at Cutshaw. My car always runs better after an oil change and tire rotation.

Jasper W.
Chevrolet Lumina
07/11/2019 Category: Service
Jasper said the service was excellent.

CG
Carol G.
Nissan Versa Note
07/09/2019
Great place
Know what they’re doing and don’t take advantage of people

EW
Emily W.
GMC Safari Passenger
07/06/2019
Went out of their way to look out
Nick and his folks took care of my state inspection and accommodated my choice to pick the piece and install on my own (off-site), then walk away with a passed inspection the same day. They were really slammed and it meant a lot that they squeezed us in.