Overall Rating 4.2/5Overall Rating 4.2/5Overall Rating 4.2/5Overall Rating 4.2/5rating 4.2

Overall Rating 1.0/5rating 1.0rating 1.0rating 1.0rating 1.0

EC
Erik C.
Lindon, UT
01/11/2018
Wish I could give a zero for the rude/aggressive attitude showed by the manager
This past week I have been helping a local eldry woman in Layton with moving and garage sales after being involved in a major vehicle accident. She called up Dave’s auto care for the location of her car due to nobody ever providing any information for it. A man stating that he was the manager answered and made very rude remarks towards this woman yelling that he’s not her baby sitter and that her mother should of called. Mind you she died a couple years back. EVEN AFTER SHE STARTED THE CALL WITH EXPLAINING SHE WAS IN A PAST MAJOR ACCIDENT. Where is the common sense here. I don’t plan on ever getting service from this company and neither do my friends.

John B.
12/13/2017
Took my explorer for transmission work
Took my explorer in for transmission rebuild/ replace after they replaced with used transmission it slipped between shifts and given a run around on fixing the transmission paid $2,300 for the transmission and labor. less then 11 miles i put on it and engine lite comes on and the cause is the shift solenoid is bad the transmission. the transmission has 30 day guaranty. for what they charged for a used transmission i could of bought a re-manufactured transmission for 100 more. When i spoke to them about the issue he said its not covered then said i would have to pay labor cost to replace the shift solenoid then says he has to contact the place he got the transmission from to see what there going to do. My warranty is with them not the place they got the transmission from. Picked up the explorer 12/7/2017 just to take it back on the 12/11/2017 and its still not fixed and keep getting a run around

Skyler W.
Kaysville, UT
11/29/2017
Terrible!!!
They charged me 200 dollars for a diagnostic. What a rip off! Go to Extreme Auto in Centerville! They are amazing, only reason I went to Dave's is because Extreme is closed on Saturday.

EH
eric H.
Syracuse, UT
09/21/2015
Very poor - read review, I dare you!
Dave (the owner) is very dishonest, has poor service and takes advantage of customers and records conversations without telling you. Read this story I dare you! I brought my truck into Dave’s to get the engine replaced. Dave (the owner) gave me a low ball estimate to get me in the door and said they just wanted to look at it to confirm the diagnosis. When I came back Dave demanded a 50% deposit which I foolishly agreed to. THEN he walked me out to my truck and I found out they already removed my entire engine and taken it apart without my ok to go ahead. At that point I was nervous as it was too late to take it elsewhere. Then I found out the price he told me ($4800) turned into $8000. He also tried to tell me my radiator fan was inefficient and unless I paid another $1000 ($9000 now) to upgrade, it would void my warrantee (later found out that was also a lie). I started looking at the reviews on places like Yelp and the better business bureau and got really nervous because this same thing was happening to lots of other people. Read them! Some of them even say how he threatened to hurt the customers business if they didn’t remove their negative review. It took about 10 days longer than he said to fix and I still had problems when I got the truck back. The AC no longer worked, they left wires cut in half and the RPM gauge didn’t work anymore. I called and they said to bring it back and they would take care of it. Miles his son (Office manager??) had them fix those things and sent me on my way at no charge. The next week I brought it in for a break-in oil change required for the warrantee (which they also did not tell me they would charge me extra for) and when Dave called me to tell me it was ready, he informed me that to release my truck, I had to pay them over $200 for fixing the AC problems and wires they fixed previously which they caused. He didn’t say anything about this when I dropped it off. He lied to me over and over and nickel and dimed me to death to the tune of over $3000 more than his initial estimate. I even found out he records the conversations that happen at the front counter without telling customers because he emailed me the file when trying to prove a point to me. He was rude/cynical when I tried to get strait answers from him. Never in my days have I dealt with someone as dishonest as Dave, both the info he withheld and the false info he told me.

TIMOTHY M.
Ogden, UT
08/12/2015
If at first you don't succeed...
My car died when the weather got hot. I took it to them and spent about $2,000 on plugs, valve job, valve cover and so on. Two weeks later same problem. It was another $600 to replace some sensors.

BR
Brian R.
08/04/2015
They did a great job on my BMW
Ali B. from Dave's Auto Center

Thank you Brian for contacting us. BMW's are a specialty of ours, and look forward to helping you with your vehicles maintenance and repair in the future.

AK
ANDREA K.
Logan, UT
Jeep Cherokee
07/25/2015
Excellent Customer Service. Excellent Service.
Not only is Daves auto knowgeldgeable about cars, they also provide quality customer service that makes me feel valued. As a woman who isn't into cars, Daves Auto center explained everything that was going on with my car, how they were going to fix it, and also provided fair prices. Thanks for providing excellent service to my jeep and excellent customer service to me. I will be coming back!
Ali B. from Dave's Auto Center

Thank you Andrea! Our service writers will appreciate hearing that they are doing a great job educating our clients.

BRYAN M.
Centerville, UT
Mazda Tribute
07/23/2015
Great job!
We purchased a used car and a short time later it broke down so we took it to Dave's Auto. They gave us a run down of all the issues and provided a walk through to see the problems and helped prioritize which should be fixed and which items could possibly wait due to budget concerns. Will definitely be back for future services!
Ali B. from Dave's Auto Center

Hi Bryan, purchasing a used car that turns out to have more problems than anticipated can be a very frustrating experience. We are glad to be your go to shop, and trust the vehicle will perform much better for you now.

SR
STEPHANIE R.
07/09/2015
Quick Service
Dave's fixed my automobile and had it up to speed very quickly. Very polite serviceman at counter. Recommend

RL
ROBERT L.
Herriman, UT
07/07/2015
Awesome
Awesome service awesome shop good people to work with.

EB
ERIKA B.
07/01/2015
Very friendly, fast, and affordable!!
A great place to take my car! They were kind and easy to work with! Great customer experience!

JAMES S.
Nissan Sentra
06/24/2015
They fixed my daughter's air conditioning in one day on a very hot day when they had a lot of other customers. My daughter is very happy with the cool air!

JJ
JENINE J.
Clearfield, UT
Chrysler PT Cruiser
06/19/2015
Brakes for my car
They gave me the amount right away that it would take to fix my car, everyone was really pricey compared to Dave and it was really great service

SR
STEVE R.
Salt Lake City, UT
05/31/2015
Evaluating used ar
Called Dave's on the recommendation of a friend who really knows cars. Had them evaluate a 2009 Toyota Tacoma I was contemplating buying that I was assured had "never been in an accident" and had been "thoroughly checked out" by their mechanics. Dave found $1500 in problems including where it had been repainted on the rear fender from an accident, that it failed safety and required new brakes and "the rotors aren't going to last much longer." I received a detailed report that I was able to share with the dealer and since they weren't willing to negotiate a newer price I was out of the deal. Best money spent at a mechanics shop in years!
Ali B. from Dave's Auto Center

Glad you were able to bring the vehicle in for a used car inspection before making your decision. Thanks for the recommendation Steve!

PB
PAUL B.
West Bountiful, UT
BMW 335xi
05/31/2015
They were able to fix my complicated BMW
My car stopped working they figured out the problem and fixed it fast!

JERRY C.
Farmington, UT
05/30/2015
they walk the walk
I had some work done and the part failed while I was in California. The stood behind their work and work with a California shop to correct the problem.
Ali B. from Dave's Auto Center

Hi Jerry, We appreciate your working to resolve the issue! We stick with parts suppliers who have a proven track record. But even the best companies have a problem at times. Great to work with an understanding customer, thanks!

DN
DEREK N.
05/13/2015
Your Dealer Replacement
I was very pleased to find out that Dave's Auto quoted me a price that was cheaper than the actual dealer. And the quality of work was even better 😊. I know that my vehicle will work well for my wife.

JE
JASON E.
Bellevue, WA
Land Rover Discovery
05/04/2015
Dave's is awesome
I highly recommend Dave, and Dave's Auto. Great service and great people.
Ali B. from Dave's Auto Center

Good to hear from you Jason!

MOANA P.
Salt Lake City, UT
Mazda 3
05/02/2015
Impressions
Ali contacted me to find out what the problem was and we were able to resolve the issue.

The first impression is not always best as was the case when I went to Dave's Auto Repair, sometimes you really do need to take a second look before making your mind up.

05/02/2015
Don't go.
Took the starter motor out to check the engine but didn't reconnect it when they put it back. Now I know why they pushed it out to me.

Customer service is terrible, if they don't hear want they want, the mechanics turn into spoiled children throwing a tantrum.
Ali B. from Dave's Auto Center

Hi Moana, sorry to hear you aren't satisfied. You can always call us and talk with a customer service rep. Thanks

CP
CHRISTAIN P.
Chevrolet Blazer
04/14/2015
Miles and team are great
Miles has been a major help in keeping the blazer running and helping us out.