EC
Eric C.
Chevrolet Sonic
07/08/2018
EVA very reliable
My wife and I have had our cars serviced at EVA for years. The staff is honest, knowledgeable, and fast. We’ve always been pleased with their work.

04/23/2018
Expensive!
652.00 to replace my starter was way too expensive! Jeremy told me he didn't charge me for a diagnostic, but he shouldn't have as he charged me for one two weeks b-4 & ASSURED me it was the battery so I trusted him & had Les Schwaab replace it as Jeremy insisted , even though L.S. said the battery was fine & it was! They knew I was in a rush to get it as I needed to go on a trip & they had my car a day & 1/2 which REALLY delayed me! Then Jeremy made a personal call as I approached the counter & made me wait 5 more minutes, very upsetting!!!
Larry B., Co Owner from East Vancouver Automotive responded on 05/02/2018

Sorry if you feel that way Crissy but I assure you we didn't over-charge you and I never charged a diagnostic even before when you brought it in. When it comes to the battery being recomended I see it all the time that they can be defective (especially from L.S.!) and was testing weak so I was trying to save you money so you didn't have to replace the starter if you didn't have to. I thought it was done on time cause I did say we were very busy at the time and did say it might be more that one day to complete the job, and when it comes to me "taking a personal phone call" I would never do that and make a customer wait unless it was an emergency and it so happened to be an emergency with my daughter that day if you must know. You guys have been customers of ours for a long time now and I want to take care of you and wouldn't want to do anything to ruin that. Let me know if there is anything I can do, thanks! Jeremy

Damon B.
Chevrolet Pickup
04/22/2018
outstanding service
professional work, reasonable rates, timely service! Thanks guys!
Larry B., Co Owner from East Vancouver Automotive responded on 04/23/2018

Thanks Damon! We appreciate the repeat business

YF
Yvonne F.
Ford Contour
04/05/2018
They Got It Done!
I was able to call them about my "check engine light" being on and ask for an appointment. They were able to get me in right away. While they worked, I waited in their waiting room, they got it done, and I was out the door within about 1 1/2 hours. I was safe in a nice dry place while I waited. Thank you, guys, for a job well done.
Larry B., Co Owner from East Vancouver Automotive responded on 04/10/2018

Thanks Yvonne, always a pleasure to be able to take care of all of your car needs.

Damon B.
Dodge Stratus Sdn
04/02/2018
outstanding service
We were treated with respect, the car was repaired in a timely fashion, and charged an affordable amount. I highly recommend their service!!
Larry B., Co Owner from East Vancouver Automotive responded on 04/10/2018

Thanks Damon! Always a pleasure to take care of you and your family!!!

AC
Andy C.
Lexus ES 300 Luxury Sport Sdn
02/22/2018
ES 300
So far so good. It's only been eight hours. If the lights come back on I'll see you again. :o)

Thanks,

Andy
Larry B., Co Owner from East Vancouver Automotive responded on 02/23/2018

Thanks Andy, we are glad we could help!

Robert W.
02/12/2018
1997 CR-V R&R ignition switch
Guys went out of their way to help my wife off site and to take vehicle to their shop for necessary work.
We used Jeremy and Larry for all our Subaru work without a single problem.
Only place we are comfortable with.

ZC
Zac C.
02/09/2018
No longer a reliable shop.
I originally brought my car to the shop in early December for problems starting and a check engine light. After the diagnosis it was determined it was a faulty fuel pump. Unfortunately the diagnosis took longer than expected and I needed my car back the next day. I called and informed east Vancouver I needed my car tonight, had found the parts and would do the work myself. They called back within 5 minutes and said they could do it that night and where I found the part. I obliged as I did not want to do the work myself and worked early the next day. When I went to pick up my car they informed me that they found a fuel pump without the rest of the plastic assembly, which was not the part I had found online.

I picked up my car that night and it was immediately still hard to start but I had an appointment to get the catalytic converters swapped later that week and figured that might be my problem. After the converters are installed the starting problems persisted and I brought the car back to East Vancouver. They swapped the fuel pump again as it was under warranty. I soon received a call saying they had swapped the pump again but the problem persisted. At this point I mentioned that it could be related to the plastic as I had heard it tends to crack. The next day I get my car back and it drives better but still with issues.

Within 2 weeks of getting my car back I start having the same check engine code as before pop up. A week after that and the car is not starting again. So at this point I take my car in for the 4th time. Amazingly they say it's the fuel pump again and acknowledge that they need the whole assembly and not just the pump, and that I have to pay for the new part and they won't discount the price of the bad parts I had already bought.

My problems are that I agreed to have the fuel pump changed under the knowledge that it would be the whole assembly. The shop went ahead with the repair only replacing the pump and not confirming the change with me. Because of this I had to pay for parts that didn't solve my problem. I'm a firm believer in doing the job right the 1st time. It took east Vancouver 4 times, and cost me more money despite the delays and hassle. Jeremy did not want to work with me and deflected blame to an ex employee. I understand that an employee leaving is unfortunate and can be hard, but it has nothing to do with me as a consumer and sounded quite unprofessional.

Also in the fall I had my oil pan replaced and specified that I used 5w-30 synthetic oil. The work order says that they put in regular 10w-30. I find it hard to believe that they are putting customers first. After 5+ years of taking my car p.s. to East Vancouver I will look elsewhere. They used to do such a good job but have really fell short my last few visits.

Zac

ZC
Zac C.
02/08/2018
No longer a reliable shop.
Took my car in for diagnostics. I was told it was the fuel pump. I got my car back, it barely started up still but ran slightly better. I had a service scheduled elsewhere to get the catalytic converters replaced so figured I would get that done first. I got the cat's done and the problem persisted.

I went back in the next week and they continued to insist my problem was the fuel pump. A couple of days later I get a call saying they replaced the fuel pump but that the fuel pump is still bad... so again I wait for a few more days, unable to get to work because of how long it has taken to get a fuel pump installed correctly. A job estimated at 1-2 hours.

I get the car back, it runs ok. Within a month the check engine code that originally brought me in is back. I take the car back and what am I told, again it's the fuel pump, except in order to fix the problem: I am expected to buy a different pump. They would not refund the bad part I originally paid for. I tried to talk with Jeremy and explain my dissatisfaction. After years of loyal service I'm not taking my cars back here anymore

PS
Paul S.
Cadillac SRX
01/23/2018
Honest and cooperative
East Vancouver is very honest and cooperative and we are a couple who once ran an automotive shop for 20 years so we know what it is like to be taken by mechanics who are not honest. They are very polite also and do their best to get the car done as quickly as they can. They also have a towing service that works with AAA. I would recommend the to anyone. We have two cadillacs and they have worked on both of them

CF
Craig F.
Pontiac G6
12/23/2017
Tires
Fast and efficient.

Jeff H.
12/19/2017
This shop has taken good care of my car and my kids cars for a very long time .
I have brought my car to them for a long time. I will continue to forever.
Larry B., Co Owner from East Vancouver Automotive responded on 01/08/2018

We really appreciate the loyal business!

Steve S.
12/18/2017
Sunroof Repair turns into $1000 nightmare
A simple sunroof repair turned into a 3 week ordeal that cost nearly $1000..and the repair resulted in collateral damage to the sun shield that covers the sunroof window. I would never return to this business and would recommend avoiding it if you have anything more complicated than an oil change. Poor follow up communications and an initial estimate of $250 that escalated into nearly $1000...a VERY unpleasant experience...
Larry B., Co Owner from East Vancouver Automotive responded on 01/08/2018

Well Steve, first of all it was $1000.00 with other work done as well... we did a check engine light diagnostic and repair as well it was not just towards your sunroof repair. Second of all we did not charge for all the time we spent on it and if you would have taken it anywhere else then I guarantee it would have been more than what we charged you. Not sure where you got the $250.00 figure from for the entire repair because you knew that the part alone for the sunroof was way more than that. Also when you left here you were told that we would work with you on figuring out if the addional problem with the cover was our fault or not and if it was we would take care of it no problem. We were very busy at the time and you told us that we can have it as long as we needed and the part was special order as well so that's why it was a "3 week ordeal", sorry if you feel like we did something wrong but if you look at the facts as to what was done then I feel we did not do a bad job. There was a bit of mis-communication with an employee here that we had but have let go since you were here last and we do apologize for his actions, if there is anyting we can do to help remedy any hard feelings then please let us know.
                         Thanks,
                                 Jeremy Stockdale (Owner)

YF
Yvonne F.
Ford Contour
11/30/2017
Enjoyed the Experience
I set up a time on line for an appointment. When I went in, they took the information and set up the diagnostics session.
Larry B., Co Owner from East Vancouver Automotive responded on 12/01/2017

We are glad we can help!

Andrew S.
Mercury Grand Marquis
10/25/2017
Straight shooters
They say you need to pick 2: fast, easy, cheap.

You get 2 and that's it. Fast and quality work ain't cheap. Cheap and quality work ain't fast. Fast and cheap ain't quality work.

Very rarely will you get 3. Be happy with 2. That's why I'm over the moon with the fact I got 3 with my first experience here. I'll be recommending and coming back if I need any work done in the future.

Keep up the work guys. We appreciate it.
Larry B., Co Owner from East Vancouver Automotive responded on 10/27/2017

Much Appreciated!!!

BD
Bryant D.
Dodge Stratus
09/26/2017
Phenominal
East Vancouver was referred by another local business who could not handle me in the time frame needed. East Vancouver squeezed me in during their already tight schedule. Were very up front with cost, did not do anything unnecessary, and delivered as promised. Thank you. Will definitely use in the future.
Larry B., Co Owner from East Vancouver Automotive responded on 09/27/2017

We really appreciate the business and the kind words! Looking forward to helping you with anything you need in the future.

BP
Brian P.
Nissan 350Z
09/01/2017
Honest and great service
Larry B., Co Owner from East Vancouver Automotive responded on 09/02/2017

Thanks For The Good Review!

CT
Chris T.
08/26/2017
The best place ever
ALWAYS GREAT SERVICE AND HONEST
Larry B., Co Owner from East Vancouver Automotive responded on 08/29/2017

Thanks Chris, I really Appreciate the good words and also appreciate the business!

BC
Bill C.
08/03/2017
Great service and friendly staff.
This is the only place in town that I trust to work on my vehicles.
Larry B., Co Owner from East Vancouver Automotive responded on 08/04/2017

Thanks Again Bill, Glad We Can Help!

AP
Ann P.
Nissan Murano
08/01/2017
Fair. And knowledgeable
I am so grateful for the honestly, fair pricing and customer service.
Larry B., Co Owner from East Vancouver Automotive responded on 08/03/2017

Thank You Once Again For The Kind Words Ann And Looking Forward To Helping Out With Anything You Need In The Future!