Overall Rating 2.6/5Overall Rating 2.6/5Overall Rating 2.6/5Overall Rating 2.6/5Overall Rating 2.6/5

Woodinville, WA
02/19/2020 Category: Service
Okay service
We had to bring in our Subaru Outback for service 2x for the same issue since they did not completely fix it the first time. When we brought it in the first time, we mentioned that the battery likely needed to be fixed, but were told that it was something different. When we brought it in the second time, the battery was replaced. It was inconvenient to bring the car in 2x especially when it takes up to 6 weeks to book an appointment. We were frustrated because we felt that we were not listened to.

02/18/2020 Category: Service
30k maintenance issue
After 30k maintenance was provided, went to home and noticed I can't open/close left door window where it was working before maintenance.

KE
KATHY E.
Sammamish, WA
Subaru Legacy Wagon
02/15/2020 Category: Service
A detail missed
I purchased my 2006 Outback from Eastside Subaru in 2005. Overall, I have been very pleased with the service I have received. There have only been two times in all those years that I have had to return to the dealership to have something of major importance corrected. The first time was after a standard oil change. When I got home my husband noticed that the car was dripping oil pretty quickly. He checked and was able to tighten the oil pan drain plug enough for me to get the car back in the next day. If this had gone unnoticed there could have been major damage. I took the car back in and they had simply not checked that well enough when they sent me home with the car. The second time was just the other day when I brought the car in for the recall replacement of the air bag. They got that done but on the way home I realized that I had no heat at all. Not good in February around here. I was not able to get back to the dealership that afternoon as I had other places I needed to drive to so I had to drive back in the next morning (an hour round trip and an additional 45 minutes out of my day.) I was told that they had probably just missed checking that. I was a bit surprised by the somewhat lack of concern for the problem. Again, it seems that both incidents could have been avoided had there just been better attention given to detail. I am the first one to give kudos when a job has been done well, but I also feel that management needs to know when these kinds of things happen. I still look forward to good service over the life of my car. Thank you for asking for my review.

Bothell, WA
Subaru Legacy Sedan (Natl)
02/09/2020 Category: Service
The facility is clean and well appointed, but customer service seemed to be lacking.
When we made an appt for an airbag replacement (per Subaru) we were told to allow 2-3 hours for the work and that we could use a loaner car during that time period. Upon arrival at the appointed time--11:30 am, we were informed that the work would take the remainder of the day...and they did not have a loaner for us. At 4pm, the employee called to tell us that they would need the car overnight. Having not heard again, I called at 1:30 next day, was told that the employee was busy but would return my call. That did not happen and so I called again at 3:30pm. ...Told 'Still not ready" but "soon". Because of our schedules, we did not have more time to waste and so went to the dealership and waited for an hour before the work was finally finished and the car was released. All told, the replacement took 15+ hours and an overnight stay during which we lacked use of a loaner and of my vehicle.
I assume the work was properly done.

AE
ALISON E.
02/09/2020 Category: Service
Training opportunity for staff
I signed up for an oil change after receiving a coupon in the mail. I shared that I was not interested in the express service option. I had tried that before and it was NOT an “express” service. When I checked in at the counter at my appointed time,12:30 pm I was told to proceed to the express counter as oil changes were all done on that basis. This is not what I had expected. The young man checking me in at the express counter shared I was due for a 60,000 mile service and I agreed to this additional service. He quoted the price and I then received a list of items that would be completed. He proceeded to highlight the box of services in yellow so I would not be confused about what was included. He then “stated” that I could share this with my husband when I got home in case he questioned the charges or I had to give him support of my decision to have further work done on MY car. At this point I looked at the representative and said “whoa” are you stating that I can’t make a decision about service on MY own car without asking my husband’s permission? I am not sure this is a training strategy at Subaru of Kirkland but in 2020 this is an extremely insulting way to talk to women customers. I should add that I am 60 years old. Hope you can discuss this Nathaniel. I should share that Trae who assisted me with setting up my free loaner was a true professional from start to finish and saved the day for your organization. Trae is the reason you are receiving 3 stars vs 1. I should also add I purchased my car at this dealership too.

Subaru Ascent
02/01/2020 Category: Service
Alright
While the service agent was kind and the overall service was timely, they forgot to complete the two recalls.

01/29/2020 Category: Service
One thing that was particularly disappointing was that when we were waiting I was told it would only be 20-30 min longer (we left the premises and then came back) we were told to then wait in the waiting room when we returned. I had 2 small children with me and finally after an hour of waiting in the waiting room with no update I went and asked. I saw my keys on the counter and the person said I just need to finish your paperwork then you guys are clear to go. It was frustrating that I had to ask for an update and it took more than double the amount of time we were told. I don’t know how long the car had been done without the paperwork being done but we were never updated on the status.

BRUCE S.
Redmond, WA
Subaru Forester (Natl)
01/29/2020 Category: Service
Changing of radio stations and moving of the passenger seat
The service advisor was great and as far as I know the service work is fine as well. But I would like to know why someone feels they can change my radio station??? Also, why was my passenger seat moved??? Did someone and a passenger run an errand in my car?

PH
PAUL H.
Snohomish, WA
01/29/2020 Category: Service
courteous help, but problem not resolved
Eastside Subaru has always been easy to work with, but we are unable to resolve the issue with the head unit (radio, apps, phone). After having the head unit replaced (finally), we still have issues, and no one at Subaru seems to know what to do with it. Guess we just live with it. If it starts to get worse like the last time, we will be back again.

YH
YI H.
Subaru Crosstrek
01/15/2020 Category: Service
Overall good. Maybe I'm just being picky in an extreme situation...
Hello there. I've been always trusting Eastside Subaru for taking care of issues come up with my car. However, for this time, I was dropping off my car for service and went to work. At noon-ish I received a call notifying me of the car was ready and the dealership is going to close at 5:30pm and during the call I said I'm going to pickup my car later today. I had my friend drive me to the dealership at 5:15pm to pick my car up but what I saw is a completely dark building with a written notice on the glass door saying due to power outage, the dealership was closed early and hopefully it will be open tomorrow morning at 7am. I was a little frustrated because I live in Seattle and had to ask my friend to drive me all the way to Kirkland in such bad weather and I didn't get my car back. Then I realized with this kind of weather going on I should probably call before I start to head over there. Another thing that may prevent this from happening is that if one of the service advisor could call me before they leave or if the dealership has an after-hour self-service key pickup system. I have no major complaint about the service I was receiving but just not feel good for asking my friend to drive me all the way to dealership but not getting the business done.

KW
KATHARYNE W.
Subaru WRX
12/26/2019 Category: Service
Chewed up lugs after service appointment
I took my car in for my 24k oil change/tire rotation on Tuesday. I've never had a problem when visiting Eastside for service, but this time I've been really disappointed and frustrated. My new purple lugs are now all chewed up when they were not prior to this visit. It would be nice if there was more care taken in the process so that others don't have this experience.

Issaquah, WA
12/26/2019 Category: Service
Service center not well organized
Depending on who you speak with in the service center you will get significantly different answers. Called several days in advance of appointment for one thing to see if they could fix a different issue while the car was being serviced. Was told on the phone would not be a problem. When I arrived, I was told they would need to order a part and it would take several days. Was also given several different answers about how long the appointment would take (low end of 90 minutes and high-end of 3 hours). This is on top of the fact that I was originally told they could handle the service request when I went in to get my plates (they couldn't and I had to schedule a different appointment).

In the end, the originally scheduled service was done on time (about 90 minutes) and handled well. But if I went in there for service again I would make sure to double and/or triple check to make sure they knew what was being serviced, how long it would take and, if I wasn't under warranty, how much it would cost. Getting different answers for the same questions does not inspire confidence.

Kenmore, WA
Subaru Impreza
12/22/2019 Category: Service
Recall fixes
I came in for oil change along with fixing recalls.
Plus I wanted 5 to test why my front windshield heating was not working.
I never received a phone call the next day. So I called the next morning.
They said it was done. I said I never received a call. The service advisor disagreed with me 2 times.
Also made me feel I was wrong. If I don’t have a voice mail or phone showing missed calls that means I did not get a call. Plus he kept insisting he was right.

That would be a 1 star in my mind.
The only reason it’s a 3 star rating is the other service members are willing to fix problems.
A recall on break hoses. My cars breaking would not hold at a stoplight. This was after they did the hoses on recall. They are trying to fix it.
Also I feel they are too rushed to do cars. I had a missing piece. Which I’m glad we looked under the hood before we left.

This has always been the best place to go. Not sure what has happened in the last year.
Go back 5 to the way you were please.

Duvall, WA
12/16/2019 Category: Service
SERVICE
I don't give you 5 stars because I was promised a phone call when the service was done but i did not happen so I showed up to the place and the car had been one for awhile.

RN
ROBERT N.
Woodinville, WA
Subaru Legacy
11/15/2019 Category: Service
Service advisors were awesome!
My recent service appointment was delayed by a couple of day because a part had to be special ordered. Then it turned out the incorrect part was ordered. Things happen. Two things made the delay tolerable. First was the chance to drive a new Outback loaner. (It took me a couple of days to learn what all the buttons and apps do ?) Second was the help and excellent communication skills by Trae Cooper and Josie Morris! They kept me informed of the repair process from start to finish. Their efforts and positive attitude deserve five stars ⭐️ ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️!