Overall Rating 4.54/5Overall Rating 4.54/5Overall Rating 4.54/5Overall Rating 4.54/5rating 4.54

Overall Rating 4.6666656/5Overall Rating 4.6666656/5Overall Rating 4.6666656/5Overall Rating 4.6666656/5rating 4.6666656
Overall Rating 2.36111/5Overall Rating 2.36111/5rating 2.36111rating 2.36111rating 2.36111

LO
Lori O.
Amherst, OH
2015 Hyundai Santa Fe S
01/17/2019 Category: Service
Mara C.
Mara Carder at the Elyria Hyundai dealership service department is the only service employee that I want to deal with. I have found her to be informed, helpful and pleasant to work with. It is my opinion that she is an exceptional staff member. Thank you, Mara.
Lori O.

TP
Thomas P.
Brunswick, OH
01/17/2019 Category: Service
Very good
I was taken right away when I drove in and the job was done in a timely way

Denise C.
Sheffield Lake, OH
2016 Hyundai Veloster
01/16/2019 Category: Service
Rodents chewed on my wiring harness and you got stuck fixing it and cleaning it up
This was a big mess that ultimately ended happily. I wanted to redo part of my review that I already did and now I can't access it, so I will just say it took a while to get the car fixed but it runs well and looks beautiful, was cleaned and detailed with tremendous care and attention far beyond what I expected, and Mara was helpful as always and also helped me deal with Hertz. The only small glitch is that now the driver's seatbelt doesn't retract smoothly and I have to keep doing it manually, which is not a big deal as long as it works if I have to make a sudden stop. Also it was at times difficult to get a call back explaining what was going on; that scared me because I thought something terrible was wrong. I love this car and felt like I had failed it.
I had never heard of this kind of issue with mice or whatever chewing the wiring and I know it was a huge pain to fix and clean up. I appreciated all the information I got, including future prevention. I hope to God it never happens again and that I will be able to continue my previous peaceful routine of oil changes and that kind of thing.

John H.
Avon, OH
2016 Hyundai Elantra Gt
01/16/2019 Category: Service
Always Reliable
I can always count on reliable and prompt service here. They treat you very well and have a wonderful staff. I've purchased 3 vehicles here and had them all serviced here. I will continue to buy and recommend them to anyone who is interested.

David M.
Berlin Heights, OH
01/15/2019 Category: Service
Fast service
Service department is prompt, courteous, and called me just as soon as my vehicle was finished.

John S.
2010 Hyundai Santa Fe
01/15/2019 Category: Service
Happy Customer
I recently was referred to Elyria Hyundai by the Ford Dealer which I purchased my Santa Fe from. I purchased the Ford Base Care Warranty when I purchased my car. Elyria Hyundai diagnosed the problem as a bad alternator and Mara in the Service Department dealt with Ford on the warranty
and oversaw the repair. This is the first time I have used them to repair my vehicle and I am Very happy. I have also used Elyria Hyundai's Parts Department several times in the past and I was very happy with them as well.

LP
Lori P.
01/12/2019 Category: Service
Great Over-all Business
Prompt service, free car washes, courteous employees that are knowledgeable about your vehicle. What more could you want? plus the waiting room is stocked with free coffee, tea and popcorn!

KK
Service was fine.

Corey B.
01/11/2019
Shady Service Department
Avoid this place at all costs in terms of service. They try to sell services and scare you to get things done that are not needed.

In 2017 my alternator was dying and this dealer was the closest and quickest available fix. They did it for more than what a local mechanic would but it was fixed. They then tried to tell me my battery was completely dead and needed to be replaced otherwise I would need to jump it every time I wanted to start my car. I knew this was a lie because I purchased the battery not too long before this. Nevertheless I went a year and a half without having to jump it.

Last month I took it in for an oil change. I had an oil leak that they said was the worst the mechanic has ever seen and they quoted me $1400 to fix with the recommendation of another $200 to replace the timing chain while that was getting repaired. I declined and took it to my mechanic and got the leak fixed for $900 and he said it wasn’t that bad just a time consuming to fix. My mechanic laughed when they suggested to do the timing chain as it didn’t need to be replaced and should only be replaced if it completely fails which then the engine won’t run but it was running perfectly with no noise.

I took the car in today to get appraised to sell and claimed because I declined “2 grand” in repairs at their shop the last time I was there they wouldn’t buy it even though everything is fixed and running perfectly.

I have yet to hear from the service manager about the recent situation but doubt I will from reading other reviews. It’s also hard to trust a company that has to have their employees write 5 star reviews on google just to offset the negative reviews by real customers.

I would expect their sales department to be just as shady. I just bought a 2018 Genesis and won’t even consider having them touch it even if it is the closest dealership to me. Be very careful if you go there and I would suggest finding a good local mechanic that does everything cheaper or even try another dealer for service.
RUDY C G. from Elyria Hyundai responded on 01/15/2019

Greetings sir,

My name is Rudy Graham and I am the new service Manager here at Elyria Hyunadi. I would love to talk to you about your previous service visit, if you could please reach out to me on my personal cell phone. 440.487.2007. Thank you and I look forward to talking to you.

Rudy Graham

Jacqueline H.
Huron, OH
01/10/2019 Category: Service
Returned dirty
Service done but returned unwashed on a beautiful day and parked in the back. Poor customer service. Website is a bust

Dennis H.
01/10/2019 Category: Service
Friendly people
Very friendly and not pushy

Michael S.
Appointment
Good atmosphere, I like the lounge area, usually run into familiars. Good choice of coffee, clean as well. Seems to be on point far as im concerned.

FB
Fred B.
2007 Hyundai Entourage
01/09/2019 Category: Service
having service performed in a timely manner.
People very friendly.Have not had any comlpaints ,since i purchased the Van in Nov.2006.

great service
service was performed within time stated, always friendly.

BG
Ben G.
Texas bound
Great service department. The parts dept rocks!!! They serviced my car for my trip to Texas. My Sonata performed like a champ. 37 mpg doing anywhere from 70 to 80mph

WL
Wayne L.
Avon, OH
2015 Hyundai Genesis
Genesis oil change
Great job at a good price

RO

Oberlin, OH
2014 Hyundai Santa Fe S
01/07/2019 Category: Service
Courteous and professional
I noticed an oil leak and took it in to get looked at. They found the source, took it in and worked on it a good part of the day. Fortunately it was under warranty.
They were professional and courteous, keeping me updated by calling me at work. Definitely a pleasant experience.

Dwight B.
01/04/2019 Category: Service
Very dependable service

Amherst, OH
01/02/2019 Category: Service
Great Service!
I took my 2014 for a software update to Elyria Hyundai and was very happy to find that my car was done within the time frame provided. The service tech was friendly and professional. The mechanic was very diligent and my car was nice and clean when I picked it up. Great experience!