Overall Rating 4.8644044/5Overall Rating 4.8644044/5Overall Rating 4.8644044/5Overall Rating 4.8644044/5rating 4.8644044
Overall Rating 2.15254/5Overall Rating 2.15254/5rating 2.15254rating 2.15254rating 2.15254

MK
Melvin K.
Chicago, IL
Service Star
Always going the extra mile!

John D.
Chicago, IL
02/20/2019 Category: Service
Polar Vortex killed my battery but Family Hyundai.....
..... Came thru like champs! The polar vortex that recently happened in Chicago killed my battery. They explained that I did not have a regular battery that I had the new type. I made a appointment on short notice and Familly was able to handle my situation and fix the few other items that needed to be done. As I waited I chatted with another customer that says highly satisfied also. And told me all about how they loved their Hyundai SUV. I want one! There was no high pressure sales tactic used on the the other items that needed to be fixed. Kudos to the service team!

2013 Hyundai Sonata Hyb
02/20/2019 Category: Service
Good service and a friendly staff
Everyone I interacted with was pleasant and knowledgeable and my car’s service was completed quickly and efficiently.

Rose M.
Country Club Hills, IL
2009 Hyundai Sonata
Getting my needs met
Tom Salin is an excellent salesperson.

JZ
Joseph Z.
Oak Forest, IL
02/19/2019 Category: Service
Fair service, but no replacement vehicle
I had a left rear tire which picked up a 3 inch piece of metal in my tire and the tire was not able to be repaired. Because I purchased the tire & rim program offered when I bought the car, all repairs, labor, and costs were free.
The one problem I did have was that the dealership did not have a replacement vehicle for me as promised, so I was forced to have the donut spare placed on the vehicle and I had to drive that for 3 days until a replacement tire came in. Afterwards, they replaced the tire and got me on my way quickly.

SQ
Susan Q.
Free Oil Change
After getting 2 oil changes done previously, I was eligible for a free oil change. It was great to walk out with a clean car, oil changed, and no bill! Thanks.

Sue Quillin

LW
Lorain W.
Lansing, IL
Great as usual
Friendly, great service and done when promised.

Richard S.
Oil Change Review
Very good experience.

Michael C.
Homer Glen, IL
2013 Hyundai Santa Fe
Ball joints
Routine service last month uncovered both lower ball joints were starting to fail. I put it off because of budget. They then sent me a coupon for 10% off. I took it in and they did the repairs in just a couple hours

Harvey, IL
2011 Hyundai Elantra
02/19/2019 Category: Service
Service is always quick and painless. They always inform you of any additional problems outside of what you pop in for. There was a nail in my tire, Colin was nice enough to show me prior to starting the repair. Which helps build trust and let me make the decision if I wanted to repair it or not. Without feeling pressured or rushed

DZ
Darlene Z.
2013 Hyundai Elantra Gt
02/19/2019 Category: Service
The service department at Family Hyundai has always been great.

Marc B.
2015 Hyundai Sonata Hyb
Tom is great
It is always a pleasure to work with Tom. Ask for him if you need service.

Donald R.
Robbins, IL
It's not the Car it's the People
A car is a car is a car. The same car is at every dealership that carries that brand. I don't buy a car I buy the employees. The staff from the front of the house to the back. I buy the service department. I buy cleanliness. I buy respect for the customer. You get all that and then some at Family Hyundai.

Markham, IL
02/18/2019 Category: Service
Service Advisors Are Great! Shout out to Collin!!
My only issue is that they are either routinely out of parts or out of loaner vehicles. This leads to complications and interruptions in trying to get to and from work and the length of time your car sits in the service department. Other than that, the service advisors communicate well and provide the answers you need when you need it. And your car is returned to you washed and operating as it should.

2016 Hyundai Santa Fe S
Average to Good customer service
Team did not seem excited that I pulled into the service area; so, it was just average

2014 Hyundai Elantra
02/15/2019 Category: Service
Oil change was ok, but service diagnosis has me wondering..
I brought my car in for an oil change and to have a noise looked at from the front driver of my vehicle. Oil change was completed in a timely manner, but when I got home, I realized several of the small plastic anchor screws were not installed, causing the plastic guard under the vehicle to be loose in several spots. Not I am not sure if this was like this prior to this visit, but you would think if some were missing, they would have put the 3 extra that were required in and informed me. I purchased a bag of them on amazon and secured it myself, but again, that cost me time and money.

Also had them look at why my front driver side was making noise, as I suspected a suspension or possible wheel bearing issue. I was informed my tires were "choppy" and the noise would only goes away if I replaced them. Since only one corner of the car was making this noise and it was clearly a metallic noise, I had my doubts this was the issue. However , I did rotate out the tires, but I still have the noise. Guess I will just be living with it until it will do it all the time so I can bring it in, but then I will be over my warrant.

I have been here several times and this is my second hyundai, but I always leave feeling incomplete. This vehicle has been nothing but a car that rattles, squeaks, or squeals, and I am not sure I will do it again.
TJ S., Service Director from Family Hyundai responded on 02/15/2019

Thank You for your feedback. If the noise is still present after your tires were replaced please schedule an appointment and request a test drive with one of our technicians and duplicate the noise so we can address your concern.

sincerely,

TJ Schmitt
Service Director
Family Hyundai
708-444-7100

Rory B.
02/15/2019 Category: Service
Need longer service hours if ple in for service
Management needs better treatment of customers
TJ S., Service Director from Family Hyundai responded on 02/15/2019

Rory, Per our conversation your best bet is to make an appointment to lessen the time of service as no appointment oil changes are on a first come first served basis and appointments come first. You were out within 35 minutes this last visit. Any time you would like to talk person to person and discuss your service expectations I will be happy to meet with you.

Sincerely,

Patricia F.
Hickory Hills, IL
2017 Hyundai Accent
Friendly and professional
Everyone I dealt with was nice and friendly but I did not appreciate having to come back (1/2 hour ride each way, 2nd time was a day we had an ice storm). How does a battery test fine one day and five days later not? I'm no mechanic but this was the third time in 15 days it didn't start

BC
Barbara C.
Oak Forest, IL
2007 Hyundai Azera
Hyundai Azera
From day one when we purchased our Hyundai at Family Hyundai, we were treated like Family. We never ever had a problem having our car serviced and everyone that works there is extremely kind and courteous.