George's Wholesale Tire and Auto

Latest Review over 1 year ago

Danny H.
02/22/2017
Second chances be damned !
Took my Corvette there 6-7 years ago,they said I needed a new alternator due to my battery constantly dying. Had the work done and my battery died the next morning on way to work. I work at a car dealership, the tech there said it was not my alternator but some $18.00 part, I vowed never to go there again. Fast forward to 1/16/17, my clutch blows out 2 blocks from my house. I called AAA and they said they have a AAA certified garage a few miles away, you guessed it, Georges. They said I'd get a 10% discount on labor,I said what the heck its been a while, they might be under new management and I thought I'd give them a "second chance" On ALL that is holy, what I'm about to relate is completely accurate. On the way over I'm in the tow truck reading reviews of George's. Many good, VERY many bad, however one stood out it stated, and forgive me because I'm paraphrasing here; "Staff was very rude and extremely vulgar". Upon arrival the lead tech told me in a very loud menacing voice "Is this your car ?" I said it was, he told the tow truck driver who was exiting his car: " Can't park it here puddit over dare" ,and proceeded to walk away shaking his head. This person walked to the nearest car bay,5-6 feet away from me, kidding around with another tech saying ; "You still f________g here, I thought fired your fa_________ty ass" Now, I'm from the South Side of Chicago, so I wasn't floored. However, I found it so ironic that I had just read that review moments before ! Fast forward three days later, my truck is making a weird winding noise and after owning it for 8 years I know somethings not quite right. I bring it back at 8am the next day to have them take a look at it. While I'm waiting for my wife to pick me up outside, I was scrolling through my phone and I inadvertently placed my PLASTIC coffee cup on the spoiler of car on the lot (my bad I admit). The same lead tech with the nasty and vulgar voice I and the tow truck driver encountered a few days earlier, got even MORE rude. "Getcha cup off that car" I hear from behind me. Thinking it was his car I asked "oh is this your car?", he lashed out at me "No it's a customers....how would you like it if someone did that to your car!" Again, I placed it there without thinking at 8 am, like I said ,my bad, but I think this way of "asking" me to remove it was again, over the top rude. Seven hours passes, no phone call from them and they are closing in an hour or so. I called them, and my suspicions were confirmed, "Oh yeah, we drove that this morning (thanks for the call) and didn't find anything wrong" I went to pick up my truck and the "friendly face" cashier was anything but. "Here's your key, and next time you come keep your coffee mug off my cars !" Three days of frustration rushed to my South Side fists, however, this quickly passed when I just realized he said "next time". I was going to give him a verbal lashing he'd never forget, however, I just smiled and walked out the door. Funny thing was , as I walked out the door "Rude vulgar guy" was saying "goodbye", "have a nice day" etc. etc. I can officially add "childish" to the previous revue. Fast forward to the next morning to my car dealership where I've been employed at for 12 years and I'm talking to our master technician. After a short test drive, he had a suspicion of what was wrong. An hour later, he paged me back to service and said "They didn't do anything to your flywheel", I said "should they have ?", he said "YEAH" He went on to inform me that ALL clutch replacements should have the flywheel replaced, or at the very least re-surfaced. He quickly fixed the problem, and my truck runs like a watch. Needless to say, they picked the wrong man to mistreat, Considering I've been selling cars in Citrus County for over 10 years. Moral of this very true and very long story, don't even give these guys a "first" chance.

RAY S.
01/13/2016
customer service
the29th of December I found that we needed to make an unplanned trip, the car needed an oil change, George was busy but they said "we will fit you in" on the lift they found cracks in the two front tires, changed them also, BECAUSE IT WAS NEEDED and we had to travel.. THATS GREAT CUSTOMER CARE, that's why I ALWAYS go there for my auto needs!!

JAMES D.
01/02/2016
Staff is so Courteous
I could have taken my car to Ford Dealer, but I chose your shop because of the staff and the service I get when I come there to your shop. You are by far the most honest and most fair repair shop that I have ever been to.

SJ
STEVE J.
Lecanto, FL
Acura TSX
12/30/2015
Battery Replacement
Very prompt service with exact part on hand.

MONICA H.
12/27/2015
visit on 12-24
I had a tire going flat on Christmas Eve and took excellent care of me when I arrived in a panic at the last minute. I appreciate you very much Jimmy for the help.

PF
PAULETE F.
12/26/2015
Integrity, Quick and Friendly service.
I had a battery installed in half an hour. Thanks, guys!
Yes, I have recommended George's to many folks.

DAVID B.
Kia Sorento
12/25/2015
Good service from nice people.
We have used George's for many years and are pleased with their service.

JZ
JERRY Z.
Hyundai Veracruz
12/24/2015
Peace of mind
Always a good experience. When you drop the car off you know it'll be taken care of without the usual "dealership" sales pitch: "you need this... and this..."

VC
VITORIA C.
GMC Terrain
12/22/2015
Tire
This was parents car, but they were very happy with the service you on their, diffently would come back again.

TD
TIM D.
Acura 3.2TL
12/22/2015
Always quality service. I have learned to trust them over the years that I have used them.
I was nearly completely satisfied again this time. The only problem, that I had, was that they changed the oil and filter in my Acura using Kendal Motor Oil. I only use Valvoline Motor Oil in my vehicle, and the car had only been driven 1,500 miles since my last oil/filter change so it wasn't needed at all. Everything else was exactly what I'd expected and approved.

BJ
BILL J.
Ford Econoline
12/20/2015
when I need it
I needed my oil change done in a hurry and jimmy got it done fast.

MIMI R.
GMC Sierra
12/18/2015
Best in the nieghborhood
they always fix it right the first time

SD
SHERRY D.
12/13/2015
Great Customer Service
The service was prompt and courteous.

AP
ANNETTE,ALEX P.
Inverness, FL
Hyundai Tucson
12/13/2015
Service is honest,dependable
Wouldn't take my vehicle anywhere else

KATHY B.
12/12/2015
No pushy upselling - just nice people who do good work.

TC
TONYA C.
Toyota Sequoia
12/09/2015

RON C.
Chevrolet Traverse
12/06/2015
I have n o complaints at all about the service I receive at George's tire service.

EG
ED G.
Lincoln Town Car
12/05/2015
Dependable service, professional care.
My source for my autos for over 8 years.

TH
TODD, SUSAN H.
12/05/2015
Service is great
Customer service is great. Thank you

MIKE C.
11/26/2015
Quality of the staff
A great place to do business with honest, friendly capable people.