George's Wholesale Tire and Auto

Dana C.
Lakeland, FL
10/12/2018
Stay away!!
Worst customer service ever. Rude. Full of excuses. Can't answer questions to a knowledgeable car person. Contradict themselves. Had to take car to another garage to finish proper repairs.

Steve B.
08/17/2018
Consumer Beware
Customer beware! We called ahead and made sure they had a battery for my wife’s car. All we wanted was to buy an interstate battery, and turn in the core. We showed up and there was no parking available. We checked to make sure we were not blocking anyone and parked by the door since we would be in and out quickly. As soon we got out of my vehicle, a big guy (employee) in the shop yelled to someone in the office to “handle them” and then turned and gave us a dirty look while we headed inside. Kinda put me off, but not trying to jump to conclusions, I went in and the guy at the desk stops talking on the phone and tells us the guy in the garage was yelling bc we weren’t in a parking spot. Before we can explain that there isn’t one, he goes back to his phone conversation. We stood by waiting for about 5 minutes so we could explain, find where they wanted us to park, and try to get the battery we had called ahead for. A different employee setting at a computer yelled across the room about us needing to park in a parking spot. I explained that there wasn’t a spot and that we just wanted to pick up a battery and run. He rudely told us we should just go park around the corner on the grass, and that we were blocking people. I just told him we would leave and go somewhere else. Trying to just walk out to the truck and go. This employee literally followed us out and wouldn’t let us just leave. I told him 4 or 5 times we were no longer interested in doing business here, and he wouldnt leave us alone. When he couldn’t get anywhere with me, he started harassing my 70 year old father as he was getting in my truck. After the employee started in on my father, I told him to get away from us, and that we were leaving and not interested in doing business here. I looked around to see who it was I was blocking being parked there, but the bay I was “blocking” had a car on a lift, and no one was by any cars waiting to leave. The same employee and big guy in the garage started yelling something to the effect of “fine! Leave! Go do business somewhere else!” as I was already backing out.

I fully understand that I wasn’t in a designated parking spot, and I was fully ready to move to a spot that they wanted. We had planned to be in and out quickly and out of anyone’s way. I recently moved back to the area, so I had never done business here before. My father had, and he was upset that he recommended this place to me. I’ve never been treated like this at any place I’ve taken a vehicle. I wasn’t rude, I never raised my voice until they started to accost my father, I don’t get how they can stay in business and allow this behavior to happen. I hope the owner has everything on video so he can see for himself how things went down and make some leadership changes. No one should ever have to deal with an experience like this. I will be telling everyone I know about my experience

Danny H.
02/22/2017
Second chances be damned !
Took my Corvette there 6-7 years ago,they said I needed a new alternator due to my battery constantly dying. Had the work done and my battery died the next morning on way to work. I work at a car dealership, the tech there said it was not my alternator but some $18.00 part, I vowed never to go there again. Fast forward to 1/16/17, my clutch blows out 2 blocks from my house. I called AAA and they said they have a AAA certified garage a few miles away, you guessed it, Georges. They said I'd get a 10% discount on labor,I said what the heck its been a while, they might be under new management and I thought I'd give them a "second chance" On ALL that is holy, what I'm about to relate is completely accurate. On the way over I'm in the tow truck reading reviews of George's. Many good, VERY many bad, however one stood out it stated, and forgive me because I'm paraphrasing here; "Staff was very rude and extremely vulgar". Upon arrival the lead tech told me in a very loud menacing voice "Is this your car ?" I said it was, he told the tow truck driver who was exiting his car: " Can't park it here puddit over dare" ,and proceeded to walk away shaking his head. This person walked to the nearest car bay,5-6 feet away from me, kidding around with another tech saying ; "You still f________g here, I thought fired your fa_________ty ass" Now, I'm from the South Side of Chicago, so I wasn't floored. However, I found it so ironic that I had just read that review moments before ! Fast forward three days later, my truck is making a weird winding noise and after owning it for 8 years I know somethings not quite right. I bring it back at 8am the next day to have them take a look at it. While I'm waiting for my wife to pick me up outside, I was scrolling through my phone and I inadvertently placed my PLASTIC coffee cup on the spoiler of car on the lot (my bad I admit). The same lead tech with the nasty and vulgar voice I and the tow truck driver encountered a few days earlier, got even MORE rude. "Getcha cup off that car" I hear from behind me. Thinking it was his car I asked "oh is this your car?", he lashed out at me "No it's a customers....how would you like it if someone did that to your car!" Again, I placed it there without thinking at 8 am, like I said ,my bad, but I think this way of "asking" me to remove it was again, over the top rude. Seven hours passes, no phone call from them and they are closing in an hour or so. I called them, and my suspicions were confirmed, "Oh yeah, we drove that this morning (thanks for the call) and didn't find anything wrong" I went to pick up my truck and the "friendly face" cashier was anything but. "Here's your key, and next time you come keep your coffee mug off my cars !" Three days of frustration rushed to my South Side fists, however, this quickly passed when I just realized he said "next time". I was going to give him a verbal lashing he'd never forget, however, I just smiled and walked out the door. Funny thing was , as I walked out the door "Rude vulgar guy" was saying "goodbye", "have a nice day" etc. etc. I can officially add "childish" to the previous revue. Fast forward to the next morning to my car dealership where I've been employed at for 12 years and I'm talking to our master technician. After a short test drive, he had a suspicion of what was wrong. An hour later, he paged me back to service and said "They didn't do anything to your flywheel", I said "should they have ?", he said "YEAH" He went on to inform me that ALL clutch replacements should have the flywheel replaced, or at the very least re-surfaced. He quickly fixed the problem, and my truck runs like a watch. Needless to say, they picked the wrong man to mistreat, Considering I've been selling cars in Citrus County for over 10 years. Moral of this very true and very long story, don't even give these guys a "first" chance.

RAY S.
01/13/2016
customer service
the29th of December I found that we needed to make an unplanned trip, the car needed an oil change, George was busy but they said "we will fit you in" on the lift they found cracks in the two front tires, changed them also, BECAUSE IT WAS NEEDED and we had to travel.. THATS GREAT CUSTOMER CARE, that's why I ALWAYS go there for my auto needs!!

JAMES D.
01/02/2016
Staff is so Courteous
I could have taken my car to Ford Dealer, but I chose your shop because of the staff and the service I get when I come there to your shop. You are by far the most honest and most fair repair shop that I have ever been to.

SJ
STEVE J.
Lecanto, FL
Acura TSX
12/30/2015
Battery Replacement
Very prompt service with exact part on hand.

MONICA H.
12/27/2015
visit on 12-24
I had a tire going flat on Christmas Eve and took excellent care of me when I arrived in a panic at the last minute. I appreciate you very much Jimmy for the help.

PF
PAULETE F.
12/26/2015
Integrity, Quick and Friendly service.
I had a battery installed in half an hour. Thanks, guys!
Yes, I have recommended George's to many folks.

DAVID B.
Kia Sorento
12/25/2015
Good service from nice people.
We have used George's for many years and are pleased with their service.

JZ
JERRY Z.
Hyundai Veracruz
12/24/2015
Peace of mind
Always a good experience. When you drop the car off you know it'll be taken care of without the usual "dealership" sales pitch: "you need this... and this..."

VC
VITORIA C.
GMC Terrain
12/22/2015
Tire
This was parents car, but they were very happy with the service you on their, diffently would come back again.

TD
TIM D.
Acura 3.2TL
12/22/2015
Always quality service. I have learned to trust them over the years that I have used them.
I was nearly completely satisfied again this time. The only problem, that I had, was that they changed the oil and filter in my Acura using Kendal Motor Oil. I only use Valvoline Motor Oil in my vehicle, and the car had only been driven 1,500 miles since my last oil/filter change so it wasn't needed at all. Everything else was exactly what I'd expected and approved.

BJ
BILL J.
Ford Econoline
12/20/2015
when I need it
I needed my oil change done in a hurry and jimmy got it done fast.

MIMI R.
GMC Sierra
12/18/2015
Best in the nieghborhood
they always fix it right the first time

SD
SHERRY D.
12/13/2015
Great Customer Service
The service was prompt and courteous.

AP
ANNETTE,ALEX P.
Inverness, FL
Hyundai Tucson
12/13/2015
Service is honest,dependable
Wouldn't take my vehicle anywhere else

KATHY B.
12/12/2015
No pushy upselling - just nice people who do good work.

TC
TONYA C.
Toyota Sequoia
12/09/2015

RON C.
Chevrolet Traverse
12/06/2015
I have n o complaints at all about the service I receive at George's tire service.

EG
ED G.
Lincoln Town Car
12/05/2015
Dependable service, professional care.
My source for my autos for over 8 years.