HA
Harriet A.
Volvo 240
04/18/2019
Old Dame well kept!
In the past year i have become most comfortable with the quality of service and especially the care. It is not easy to keep a 26 year old car on the road. thank you H

Ray H.
Toyota Avalon
04/11/2019
Great diagnostics, great preventive care, great customer care, good prices
For more than 40 years Good News has been our family mechanic. Through a wide range of Foreign & Domestic cars, they have kept us on the road at a reasonable cost. They've responded promptly, their work is always thorough, they carefully lay out the options for us and help us in choosing what works best, and they pay attention to prevention. On top of all of that, they are fun and they are funny. We consider them not simply business associates but friends. My first recommendation when anyone needs auto repairs is Good News Garage.

Jack H.
MINI Cooper Hardtop
03/29/2019
Wouldn’t take our cars anywhere else
The guys at Good News do excellent auto maintenance. They are honest, thorough and masters of their craft. They don’t take shortcuts. And they keep you well informed. It is not easy to find a shop like this. I feel lucky to be a customer.

PB
Phyllis B.
Subaru Forester (Natl)
03/06/2019
Great Reliable Service
I totally trust everyone at Good News Garage to provide fast, reasonably priced and totally reliable service. Every time I have brought my now aging Subaru in, I leave with a smile. On one occasion, I just showed up with my car on a tow truck and they immediately took it in, did the mechanical repair, worked with the body shop, DeLeo, immediately next door, and when it was ready, it was in better shape and condition than before the accident. It is rare to feel that a repair shop can be trusted without ever questioning their advice, their workmanship and their prices. I am a committed customer.

TR
Tara R.
02/27/2019
Friendly, professional and timely...best garage in town!

BK
Brad K.
Suzuki SX4
02/27/2019
Exactly what I was looking for
I needed to have a couple replacement parts installed and they handled both with no issues. I also appreciate that they checked the rest of the car for any problems. I think this will be my go-to place.

Somerville, MA
02/18/2019
Great service for known and unknown issues
I brought my car in for a clunking rattle, which turned out to be struts in need of tightening. But while looking over the car they found that my serpentine belt needed replacing. While this increased the bill for the visit, this preventive work hopefully prevented a major failure.

PL
Peter L.
02/13/2019
Great dependable honest service
Each time I bring my 19 year old Lexus in I get straight no nonsense and fair assessments with jobs completed as agreed on
Great business they have

HA
Harriet A.
Volvo 240
01/24/2019
And 'she' purrs a long.
Ryan and the men at Good New Garage have clearly adopted my 1993 Volvo. Kind of like me, the Volvo keeps getting new parts and away she goes.. thank you

GS
Gardner S.
12/20/2018
Attentive service
Great place for attentive service. They do what is necessary for your car and not more. Friendly and efficient.

Rania G.
11/27/2018
My car went in for an oil change but got road tested for other problems! When I bring in my car I’m always 100% sure that I’ll be provided with Reliable and best in class service. Thank you so much good news garage crew!!

PD
Phillip D.
11/18/2018
Youze guys are the best!
Routine service with just a few worries. Car doctor Ryan soothes my fears and made it all work out ok! Unbeatable!

Stephen S.
11/16/2018
Reliable and trustworthy
I an treated so well by the staff. Everything is explained.

Volvo S40
10/28/2018
Alternator
Good News was able to accept my car when the problem arose. They worked efficiently and were able to get my car back to me quickly. Thanks.

RK
Rebecca K.
Charlestown, MA
10/09/2018
Dependable and trustworthy
Terrific, as usual. Dropped off my car on a Sunday night as the starter wasn't working. Ryan called Monday morning: he'd fixed the starter for a whopping total of $56. I can't imagine another garage where I know that they'll fix my problem quickly and for a reasonable amount. He's always willing to give advice on other aspects of my car, as well.

KV
Kristen V.
Volvo C30
10/03/2018
Good News is the best news
I love every part of my interactions with Good News Garage. They never cease to make me laugh on the phone and at the desk. I completely trust that they are taking care of my car - not only what I am concerned about, but what they suspect in terms of other issues. They charge reasonable fees and they always offer options on what can be done, often breaking work down into what should be done immediately and what can wait. I tend to be a car hypochondriac, which many garages could easily take advantage of, but the staff at Good News makes sure to cheerily roll their eyes when I ask about something that is definitely not an issue with my car at that time (though they do take the time to check on even the wackiest of my worries). They are often busy (since everyone in Cambridge and further seems to want in on the Good News Garage action), but I think they are absolutely worth the wait if you have car trouble.

Dick L.
Somerville, MA
09/27/2018
Intelligence, friendliness, reliability.
I have been taking my car there for 30 years. I have always had absolute trust in the service I receive form the mechanics. I have absolute trust that I an driving a safe car because of Good News.

Lou M.
Forest Hill, MD
08/18/2018
Repair 2011 Toyota Highlander
I found Good News Garage provided courteous and competent diagnostic repair to vehicle in a timely manner at estimated cost. Overall cost very reasonable - replaced tires and rebuilt rear wheel bearing.

douglas g.
Stoneham, MA
08/18/2018
A Garage You Can Trust
These guys are THE BEST. I've brought both my cars to them for checkups, and they went over them and gave me a list of what they suggest should be done, and what not to worry about. No pressure at all, and they're quick. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I believe I actually found a mechanic that I can TRUST to give me an honest diagnosis.

John L.
Volvo S40
07/16/2018
Integrity, fair pricing, knowledgeable
Good News have done wonders to restore my 13-year old Volvo S40 to superb condition after the 13-year battering the bearings and suspension have taken on pot-holed Massachusetts roads. They really know cars, do what's necessary, don't do what isn't. Having discovered them, I will not go anywhere else.