PL
Peter L.
03/29/2020
Awesome Cost Effective Service
The staff are so helpful in flexible scheduling, the service is very thorough and everything well done and explained ; prices are reasonable

John L.
Volvo S40
03/26/2020
Great Service is Good News
The Good News team really know cars. My 15-year-old Volvo S40 still hums along thanks to their deep knowledge in diagnostics and their skillful repair. They are honest in letting you know when major repairs are needed, clear in describing what's needed to effect the repair, and superb in carrying out the repair. On the other hand, they don't repair or replace stuff that doesn't need fixing (yet). They will provide a watch list of issues to keep an eye on, and only recommend repair or replacement of a worn part when it's time. I recommend them unreservedly.

Jim D.
Honda Fit
03/11/2020
professional competent service
Timely, competent, knowledgeable service delivered efficiently. The staff, though all male, is well mannered and respectful of clients. The atmosphere is in the shop is professional yet comfortable and welcoming.

Maureen S.
Porsche Cayenne
02/22/2020
Great service, very knowledgeable, honest and fair
Ryan and his crew have excellent knowledge of many different car manufacturers/models and they do their homework before performing any service. They’ll identify possible issues to address or fix but are very honest and transparent regarding how urgent the work is. Their charges are very fair and reasonable-never any surprises either!

Rick C.
Arlington, MA
02/22/2020
A Standard of Excellence
A level of customer service unparalled in the history of the Automotive industry.
Mechanics that treat your car as if your life depended on it. I wish all the services I use were as good as Good News Garage.

Subaru XV Crosstrek
02/17/2020
Easy to work with, fair and quick
Great experience after car totally failed. I especially liked their availability to talk by phone and explain needs of my car and costs. Really beats having to get myself to the repair shop multiple times as this is our only car

Stavros M.
02/08/2020
Great garage
Competant, honest, and friendly.

GS
Geoff S.
Cadillac DTS
01/21/2020
Blue Plate Special
Fabulous experience with a “new” used car, which had some serious issues when I got it.

Immediate service, diagnostics, and an extensive plan of all the issues which needed to be addressed.

As usual: quality service, for fair prices, delivered with friendliest of “small town” service in “the city”.

Would recommended these guys to everyone.

RP
Rob P.
Porsche Cayenne
01/21/2020
Awesome Customer Service and Car Maintenance!!
Casey and Ryan went above and beyond the call in helping me out of a jam. I really appreciate feeling valued as a paying client and on a budget.

01/18/2020
Reliable, accommodating and fast. Courteous and friendly folks as well.
Reliable, accommodating and fast. Courteous and friendly folks as well. Every detail attended to and communicated to me. I used to come here 20 years ago when Ray was around, as I figured anyone who did that Click and Clack show knew what they were doing. Haven't been in those many years, but so far, good impressions.

RK
Rebecca K.
Charlestown, MA
MINI Cooper Coupe
01/08/2020
Excellent, as usual
Fast, friendly, and thorough. I trust Good News Garage to take good care of my car and they always do!

Jan W.
01/07/2020
Very good service
The service was very thorough. They found a few problems and allowed me to decide what needed attention now and what could wait. My only complaint (and some would consider this a plus) is that they reported (correctly) that my tires were over-inflated. I explained that I like to keep them that way, to reduce tread wall flexing and wear and improve mileage. But when I picked up the car, the tires were all at the manufacturer's recommended pressure. I suppose they may have already adjusted them before talking with me.

12/30/2019
Having returned to the Boston area after two decades away, I'm happy to be able to bring my car to the GNG again. They figured out what the trouble I was having with my brake was and corrected it at a reasonable charge. I trust their experience and judgement. Only thing I was not pleased about was the scuffing and dirt on the carpet/floor on the driver's side. Someone should have put down some paper before getting in the car. Otherwise -- 5 stars.

Jenna P.
12/27/2019
Awesome service!
I found Good News Garage when looking for a second opinion on a compressor replacement. They did a great job, I saved money, and they provided great service the first time. I was pretty dissatisfied with the dealership where I had been getting routine maintenance so I have now also gone to Good News for maintenance and new tires. Very pleased with this business!

IP
Isabel P.
Somerville, MA
12/18/2019
Efficiency
They are clear and concise in explaining what your car needs and are also very aware of expense. They won’t do anything beyond what is strictly necessary to keep your vehicle running perfectly.