John L.
Volvo S40
07/16/2018
Integrity, fair pricing, knowledgeable
Good News have done wonders to restore my 13-year old Volvo S40 to superb condition after the 13-year battering the bearings and suspension have taken on pot-holed Massachusetts roads. They really know cars, do what's necessary, don't do what isn't. Having discovered them, I will not go anywhere else.

LH
Lynne H.
07/12/2018
Knowledgeable and personable
I am always satisfied with both the service and the attention I am given at Good News. I feel that they are honest and do not say I need repairs that I do not need. They also let me know when I need things- like another oil change, as I don't pay sufficient attention to some details. Good News tries to accommodate to my schedule and needs. For instance, I wanted to return to the Cape on the same day and they were able to get my car done by early afternoon as they knew my plans. Thank you Good News!

Matt S.
Ford Escort
06/28/2018
GNG does not turn up their nose at 1998 escort wagon (the blue grannie)
My car overheated apparently catastrophically in the last few miles of a 500 mile drive back to boston, my home town.

Looking through the phone book I recognized Good News Garage from having walked by it a million times as a kid in the 80s, when it was nearer mass ave. It looked like a groovy place then, and so I called them.

They were kind and thorough and helped me to see what was wrong and how to get this 20 year old car to keep going for another few years.

thank you!

Maureen S.
Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class
06/26/2018
A great Garage to work on your car!
Ryan and his team are extremely knowledgable and do a great job servicing and repairing cars. And they're totally honest. I trust them with my cars...to do great work, at a fair price!

KV
Kristen V.
Volvo C30
06/25/2018
Exceptional service (with delightful laughs)
I continue to be delighted by Good News Garage. Everyone here is honest and hard-working... and they add a splash of humor that puts my car-anxiety completely at ease. My last visit involved a horrific inspection issue and bamboozling at another garage, but my friends at Good News took care of everything quickly and kindly. I cannot recommend this place highly enough.

SD
Sharon D.
04/24/2018
great service
Service was great! I did not have to wait long to get an appointment. The car was serviced quickly and well.
I continue to be happy with the care my car receives.
Thanks!
Sharon de Vos

Jack T.
Boston, MA
Volvo V70
03/03/2018
Unpretentious and genuine
Our Volvo V70R has traditionially been expensive to service, particularly at dealer shops. Good News put me at ease from the start. When they handed me my keys later in the day I didn't feel like I was buying my car all over again. They said it was in great shape and handed me a bill for the most reasonable service visit I've ever had. Rodney sent me to the right place!

BL
Bill L.
Newton Center, MA
Honda Civic Coupe
02/21/2018
Great as always
I've been a customer for several years and always have the same experience, with great, knowledgeable people doing what's needed, and ONLY what's needed. In addition, everyone in the shop is a pleasure to deal with. In 50 years of car ownership, I've never experienced anything that comes close anywhere else.

DA
David A.
Newton Center, MA
02/20/2018
Saved me money, time and stress
Good News is amazingly honest and helpful. I thought I had an expensive repair that would take several days to complete. Good News said, "Nah, that doesn't really need fixing. Let us just do some preventative maintenance and you're good to go." Huge savings, and they had the car ready in <24 hours.

NB
Niels B.
02/14/2018
Always great service and nice people. Thanks!!!

ER
Eliza R.
02/14/2018 Category: Service
Eliza said the staff had great customer service, and was personable. She brought her vehicle back after service, and they were more that eager to see if there was a problem.

John M.
Belmont, MA
02/13/2018 Category: Service
John said the customer service at the business was good. They did a good job servicing his vehicle.

Abigail S.
Brookline, MA
Toyota Prius v
02/11/2018
The Best
This is 30th year I've been bringing my cars to GNG. I'd never willingly go anywhere else. They are the best I can imagine. Smart, fair, thorough, prudent, kind...ETC. The silver lining when my car has an issue is that I get to visit GNG!

Susan M.
Somerville, MA
Honda Accord Coupe
02/10/2018
Getting Going Reasonably
Good news took excellent and well reasoned care of my 2002 Nissan Altima manual transmission for most of its 15 year life. It remained in tip top shape until the very last of the manufacturerer's planned obsolescence kicked in. With every expenditure, I got a full explanation (in lay person terms) and a full set of options. Every step taken made sense economically and for the age and stage of the car.

Last summer I bought a Honda Accord manual transmission. The owners' manual makes no relationship between the automated notice for maintenance and what the maintenance requires. At the same time, the car coercively blacks out the display and informs the driver with dummy lights that service is a must. Arrgh! So, I took this car in its infancy into Good News and to my relief, we went right back to having honest, thoughtful and reasonable conversations about the actual status of my car and what really matters to do and not to do. At 6700 miles, very little indeed. Thank you Craig, Ryan and Good News Garage!

Cyrus M.
02/10/2018 Category: Service
Cyrus said he uses this business all the time. The work was very good.

BL
Bryan L.
Land Rover Range Rover Evoque
02/09/2018 Category: Service
Bryan said this business was very straight forward in explaining things to him.

LH
Leah H.
Nissan Versa
02/06/2018 Category: Service
Leah said she was very satisfied with her service. The employees completed what she asked. The work was done the same day.

PG
Paul G.
Subaru Legacy
02/05/2018 Category: Service
Paul said he got good service and good work and the vehicle was ready when he was told.

Chris B.
Massachusetts
Kia Rio
02/05/2018 Category: Service
Chris said the employees had trouble figuring out his vehicle's issue.

Thomas B.
Volkswagen Jetta Sedan
02/03/2018 Category: Service
Thomas said the employees were nice, confident and friendly. They did a good job.