Stephen S.
Boston, MA
11/16/2018
Reliable and trustworthy
I an treated so well by the staff. Everything is explained.

Volvo S40
10/28/2018
Alternator
Good News was able to accept my car when the problem arose. They worked efficiently and were able to get my car back to me quickly. Thanks.

RK
Rebecca K.
Charlestown, MA
10/09/2018
Dependable and trustworthy
Terrific, as usual. Dropped off my car on a Sunday night as the starter wasn't working. Ryan called Monday morning: he'd fixed the starter for a whopping total of $56. I can't imagine another garage where I know that they'll fix my problem quickly and for a reasonable amount. He's always willing to give advice on other aspects of my car, as well.

KV
Kristen V.
Volvo C30
10/03/2018
Good News is the best news
I love every part of my interactions with Good News Garage. They never cease to make me laugh on the phone and at the desk. I completely trust that they are taking care of my car - not only what I am concerned about, but what they suspect in terms of other issues. They charge reasonable fees and they always offer options on what can be done, often breaking work down into what should be done immediately and what can wait. I tend to be a car hypochondriac, which many garages could easily take advantage of, but the staff at Good News makes sure to cheerily roll their eyes when I ask about something that is definitely not an issue with my car at that time (though they do take the time to check on even the wackiest of my worries). They are often busy (since everyone in Cambridge and further seems to want in on the Good News Garage action), but I think they are absolutely worth the wait if you have car trouble.

Dick L.
Somerville, MA
09/27/2018
Intelligence, friendliness, reliability.
I have been taking my car there for 30 years. I have always had absolute trust in the service I receive form the mechanics. I have absolute trust that I an driving a safe car because of Good News.

Lou M.
Forest Hill, MD
08/18/2018
Repair 2011 Toyota Highlander
I found Good News Garage provided courteous and competent diagnostic repair to vehicle in a timely manner at estimated cost. Overall cost very reasonable - replaced tires and rebuilt rear wheel bearing.

douglas g.
Stoneham, MA
08/18/2018
A Garage You Can Trust
These guys are THE BEST. I've brought both my cars to them for checkups, and they went over them and gave me a list of what they suggest should be done, and what not to worry about. No pressure at all, and they're quick. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I believe I actually found a mechanic that I can TRUST to give me an honest diagnosis.

John L.
Volvo S40
07/16/2018
Integrity, fair pricing, knowledgeable
Good News have done wonders to restore my 13-year old Volvo S40 to superb condition after the 13-year battering the bearings and suspension have taken on pot-holed Massachusetts roads. They really know cars, do what's necessary, don't do what isn't. Having discovered them, I will not go anywhere else.

LH
Lynne H.
07/12/2018
Knowledgeable and personable
I am always satisfied with both the service and the attention I am given at Good News. I feel that they are honest and do not say I need repairs that I do not need. They also let me know when I need things- like another oil change, as I don't pay sufficient attention to some details. Good News tries to accommodate to my schedule and needs. For instance, I wanted to return to the Cape on the same day and they were able to get my car done by early afternoon as they knew my plans. Thank you Good News!

Matt S.
Ford Escort
06/28/2018
GNG does not turn up their nose at 1998 escort wagon (the blue grannie)
My car overheated apparently catastrophically in the last few miles of a 500 mile drive back to boston, my home town.

Looking through the phone book I recognized Good News Garage from having walked by it a million times as a kid in the 80s, when it was nearer mass ave. It looked like a groovy place then, and so I called them.

They were kind and thorough and helped me to see what was wrong and how to get this 20 year old car to keep going for another few years.

thank you!

Maureen S.
Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class
06/26/2018
A great Garage to work on your car!
Ryan and his team are extremely knowledgable and do a great job servicing and repairing cars. And they're totally honest. I trust them with my cars...to do great work, at a fair price!

KV
Kristen V.
Volvo C30
06/25/2018
Exceptional service (with delightful laughs)
I continue to be delighted by Good News Garage. Everyone here is honest and hard-working... and they add a splash of humor that puts my car-anxiety completely at ease. My last visit involved a horrific inspection issue and bamboozling at another garage, but my friends at Good News took care of everything quickly and kindly. I cannot recommend this place highly enough.

SD
Sharon D.
04/24/2018
great service
Service was great! I did not have to wait long to get an appointment. The car was serviced quickly and well.
I continue to be happy with the care my car receives.
Thanks!
Sharon de Vos

Jack T.
Boston, MA
Volvo V70
03/03/2018
Unpretentious and genuine
Our Volvo V70R has traditionially been expensive to service, particularly at dealer shops. Good News put me at ease from the start. When they handed me my keys later in the day I didn't feel like I was buying my car all over again. They said it was in great shape and handed me a bill for the most reasonable service visit I've ever had. Rodney sent me to the right place!

BL
Bill L.
Newton Center, MA
Honda Civic Coupe
02/21/2018
Great as always
I've been a customer for several years and always have the same experience, with great, knowledgeable people doing what's needed, and ONLY what's needed. In addition, everyone in the shop is a pleasure to deal with. In 50 years of car ownership, I've never experienced anything that comes close anywhere else.

DA
David A.
Newton Center, MA
02/20/2018
Saved me money, time and stress
Good News is amazingly honest and helpful. I thought I had an expensive repair that would take several days to complete. Good News said, "Nah, that doesn't really need fixing. Let us just do some preventative maintenance and you're good to go." Huge savings, and they had the car ready in <24 hours.

NB
Niels B.
02/14/2018
Always great service and nice people. Thanks!!!

ER
Eliza R.
02/14/2018 Category: Service
Eliza said the staff had great customer service, and was personable. She brought her vehicle back after service, and they were more that eager to see if there was a problem.

John M.
Belmont, MA
02/13/2018 Category: Service
John said the customer service at the business was good. They did a good job servicing his vehicle.

Abigail S.
Brookline, MA
Toyota Prius v
02/11/2018
The Best
This is 30th year I've been bringing my cars to GNG. I'd never willingly go anywhere else. They are the best I can imagine. Smart, fair, thorough, prudent, kind...ETC. The silver lining when my car has an issue is that I get to visit GNG!