Hillcrest Automotive Services

Dominic r.
Waldorf, MD
07/21/2018
Former longtime customer
Now this really hurts my heart to write this review. Been coming to Hillcrest automotive for well over 15 years. Before Alphonso took over. There used to be an older gentleman who used to work on all of my vehicles. Alphonso is a great mechanic. I am not sure who worked on my truck this past experience. So I took my 2001 Ford Expedition in because it was shaking while driving. Was told I needed to replace all spark plugs and wires. Cost me a little over $450.00. Couple of days later the same problem occurred. Now I was told I needed a new catalytic converter. Alphonso explained the bad catalytic converter was causing my spark plugs to backfire. So why was this not diagnosed the week before. So now I am out of $450.00 and my vehicle is still not running smoothly. On another occasion I brought the same truck for an oil change. And when I picked my vehicle up. I drove down the street and my change oil light came back on. I took it straight back to the shop. And was advised they never even completed the oil change. Hurts my heart as I have had all my vehicles serviced here but I will NEVER bring another vehicle of mines here again

Tyrone B.
Hyundai Santa Fe
11/19/2016 Category: Service
Tyrone said they did a very good job.

Daniel G.
Waldorf, MD
11/16/2016 Category: Service
Daniel said the customer service was good.

RICHARD B.
Ford Expedition
11/12/2016
Never disappointed
I trust all of my vehicles to Hillcrest auto. I have never been disappointed. They always provide the service that they say they will for the price they say.

KO
Kirk O.
GMC
11/02/2016 Category: Service
Kirk said the service was great. Alfonso took the time to explain things to him and he gave him some ideas. They were very professional.

RAYNELL H.
Hyattsville, MD
Pontiac Grand Prix
11/01/2016
Friendly Helpful Service
My 3rd visit must be doing something right!!!!

SJ
Stanley J.
Ford Freestyle
10/28/2016 Category: Service
Stanley said he was satisfied with the service and they did an okay job.

Michel S.
Nissan Versa
10/21/2016 Category: Service
Michel said she was satisfied with the business.

LE
Lawrence E.
Temple Hills, MD
Cadillac SRX
10/20/2016 Category: Service
Spoke with Charlene. She said she liked the business because they got excellent service with Bart.

DONYELLE B.
Kia Spectra
10/19/2016
Quick and great customer service
Went to another service center for an inspection and was told I needed to play 600 to get my clutch replaced. Hillcrest did the inspection and passed me after I got new belts and stated my clutch was fine. They have great people here who are ready to help you without charging you an arm and a leg.

BF
BOBBY F.
Capitol Heights, MD
Nissan Armada
10/15/2016
Unfortunate experience
I took my vehicle to the shop in order to have a diagnostic check run on a number of physical issues and sensor lights. The cost was $2,100 roughly. understanding the severity of the service needing to be done and my past experience with the auto shop I gladly paid. After the service was completed I picked up my vehicle and the same lights were on as well as the airbag light. My steering wheel controls also no longer worked. The car was also stalling when being started up as if it was having trouble turning over. I brought the vehicle back to have it checked out. The mechanic investigated the issue then called explained the issue, letting me know that they would look into it. When I came to pick up the vehicle, they had repaired the part but never cleared with me that I was to pay for it. I was then asked to pay an additional $150 for this service. When asked about the lights still being on, I was advised that this was not apart of the $2,100 that was already paid and they would need to do more diagnostics to fix the issue. This would cost more money. A copy of the service notes was shown to me and clearly the light being on was in the notes associated with the lofty service that was provided. One or two days later, I was forced to get a new battery as the reason for the vehicle stalling was the battery in current use was dying. Unfortunately, I will not be returning to the auto shop for any additional services. I truly wish this wasn't the case.

FK
Fred K.
Bowie, MD
Land Rover Range Rover
10/15/2016 Category: Service
Fred said this business gave him the best service he ever had.

WB
William B.
Chevrolet Suburban
10/11/2016 Category: Service
William said his situation is complicated. He was somewhat satisfied.

Shay W.
10/11/2016 Category: Service
Shay said they did a good job.

Audrey S.
Buick LeSabre
10/11/2016 Category: Service
Audrey said this business was very helpful and respectable.