Overall Rating 2.5/5Overall Rating 2.5/5rating 2.5rating 2.5rating 2.5
Overall Rating 1.5/5rating 1.5rating 1.5rating 1.5rating 1.5

RD
Rob D.
12/20/2017
Dishonest, overpriced, and terrible customer service
STAY AWAY!!! Dishonest, overpriced, and poor customer service.

Their quotes are often way higher than many nearby shops. The owner "Frank" tried to justify their higher prices by saying that the "get the best parts." They use the same parts as everyone - just look at their labor estimates before getting any work done. Often 2 times the labor estimate as other shops and quality of work is average at best.

Customer service is terrible too. On more than one occasion they "forgot" to do work that I requested forcing me to waste my time for their mistakes. Franks typical response is just "oops!" They keep minimal records. They probably assume that the customer will keep worse records, and this will help them overcharge, or perform unnecessary work later. If you ignore my warnings and take your car here, make sure you take detailed notes each time you bring it in.

Here is the last straw...
I brought my car in for a clicking noise, and was charged ~$600 for repair. A couple days later the noise was still there, so I brought it back. Frank then told me it was a totally different issue, and would cost another $1,200 to fix. He refused to acknowledge that the noise was the same, and insisted that both separate repairs were required. I had the car looked at by 2 other shops, who both told me how unlikely it was that the 2 issues were related, and the first repair wasn't needed in the first place.

I hoped to discuss the situation peacefully in person with Frank. It was honestly embarrassing how quickly he started literally yelling and cursing at me - his customer - in his shop. If the owner got that defensive and disrespectful, I have to imagine he knew how shady that first repair was.

Maybe the business is struggling so badly, that they really need to swindle an extra $600 bucks to stay alive. Judging by some of the other reviews, I think that just might be the case.

In any event - STAY AWAY for your own benefit!

LA
L G A.
10/14/2016
Exceptional service with a smile & honesty; a rare experience these days!
I drove in with a hole in my exhaust pipe (1999 Honda Accord) knowing this could cost me more than the value of the vehicle and also needing an oil change. Once my car was on the lift, I was invited to see where the hole in the exhaust system was. I also saw that there were a few leaky spots & asked about those. Frank noticed that I was running with 3 snow tires & so suggested that these be balanced & rotated, which makes sense. Of course, once the wheels were off, it became evident that I needed brakes, so my repair bill became ever larger....!!!! As a person on a fixed income Frank managed a welding fix on this old vehicle for the exhaust system which is such a blessing!! With new brakes on the front, which are never negotiable for safety's sake, an oil change as planned as well as the added intelligence of learning what fluids I must attend to when maintaining the vehicle and my tires rotated for better driving and longevity, I feel grateful to have Hondar House & Frank Augello maintaining my old car. He's the expert here; certainly not me!

EH
Evan H.
Boston, MA
Lexus IS 250
02/17/2016 Category: Service
Evan said the business is his preferred facility. Frank is wonderful.

CQ
Chip Q.
Wayland, MA
02/04/2016
Swell
They fixed bumpers and a taillight cleverly and relatively inexpensively.

Jesse K.
Allston, MA
01/30/2016
Honest, great guys
I brought my car in for inspection. It's a lease with 3 months to go. I needed new tires to pass but instead of seeking me tired they hooked me up with a guy at Honda Village to return my lease early and get into a brand new car for the same price as before. I'll always come here for any service and would recommend them to anyone.

VN
Virginia N.
01/28/2016
Quick, friendly, efficient
I came in with a broken passenger-side mirror. They ordered the replacement, and installed it the next day while I waited.

Jeff K.
Arlington, MA
01/27/2016 Category: Service
Jeff said they were quick and the pricing was fine.

Arryan M.
01/21/2016 Category: Service
Arryan said this business did a good job on servicing her vehicle. They did fail to call her to let her know her vehicle was ready for pick up.

Debra M.
Honda Fit
01/20/2016 Category: Service
Debra said they are wonderful. She has been with them for 20 years and they have it covered under warranty. This business does not take advantage of her. They are honest and great.

TF
Tressa F.
Topsfield, MA
Volkswagen Jetta
01/18/2016 Category: Service
Tressa said the business provided good service.

SD
Sajay D.
Somerville, MA
01/17/2016 Category: Service
Sajay said he really liked the service. They are really straightforward, prompt, friendly and they did a great job.

Tara M.
Somerville, MA
01/15/2016 Category: Service
Tara said the service at the business is great.

SP
Sunjin P.
Danvers, MA
01/15/2016 Category: Service
Sunjin said he went to this business for an oil change and he did not have any problems.

Annette B.
01/07/2016
Excellent service as usual
Frank is a pro and extremely fair in his assessments and pricing. He has been servicing my Hondas for over 25 years and never disappoints.

Donna S.
01/06/2016
Frank gave me suggestions on low mileage insurance which were very helpful.

CF
Conner F.
Massachusetts
Honda Passport
12/25/2015 Category: Service
Conner said the service provided by this business was good and his vehicle is working. Frank, an employee at this business, was good to talk to and very entertaining.

Ken M.
Lunenburg, MA
12/25/2015 Category: Service
Ken said they did a great job.

Susan C.
Toyota Avalon
12/24/2015
Fantastic diagnostics, very fair prices
Honest, really good at their job, very responsive if you ever have a complaint. Plus they are active and responsible neighbors.

DK
Dina K.
12/24/2015 Category: Service
Spoke with Gilad. He said they were very friendly. They did an awesome job.

Mimi C.
Nissan Sentra
12/21/2015 Category: Service
Spoke with Michael. He said he was pretty satisfied but it was expensive.