MAY L.
12/08/2018
Great service always!
John and his crew are the best. I have been going to Japanese Auto Repair for years. And they have never disappointed me, in timeliness, service quality and price.

Mazda MX-5 Miata
11/30/2018
Multiple Visits
John and crew are great at what they do.

Timely, professional, and always very welcoming. Highly recommended.

IV
IRMA V.
Lexus LS 430
11/30/2018
The best place to go!
Just a great repair shop. Terrific service, fair prices, and super professional work. You'll be happy you went there.

Marie M.
Mazda Protege
11/20/2018 Category: Service
Marie said the customer service was great.

LC
Lynnsy C.
11/17/2018 Category: Service
Lynnsy said they are great in everything.

AK
ALISON K.
Acura TL
11/14/2018
Trustworthy, Fast, Reliable!
John is amazing and cannot recommend this place highly enough. As a female who is not car-savvy, I am very used to being taken advantage of when it comes to car maintenance. It has been a very different experience from the beginning with Japanese Auto Repair. John is a joy to work with, really knows my vehicle is so responsive, kind and efficient. I feel truly taken care of and have not taken my car anywhere else in the 3 years I've been back in Portland. It is such a relief to know, whatever happens with my car, I can just call John. :)

SP
SHANE P.
Kia Sorento
11/14/2018
great place great people
Very helpful and pleasant company to work with. They were patient with my frustrations and gave me a good price.

PV
Peter V.
11/13/2018 Category: Service
Peter said the business did well on the service they provided.

BA
Brandon A.
Honda Civic Cpe
11/10/2018 Category: Service
Brandon said the employees were professional. They provided fast service. The service price was low cost.

GM
GARY M.
INFINITI G37 Coupe
11/01/2018
Great Service!
In the last two weeks John and his team have worked on my Infiniti G37x and Toyota Landcruiser. Their pricing is way better than the dealer and their knowledge is far superior to any generalist shop that may charge less. I'm not taking my vehicles anywhere else!

Ruth R.
10/30/2018 Category: Service
Ruth said she felt like the staff at this were not honest with her.

DEBBIE D.
10/28/2018
great and immediate service
I wouldn't take my car and truck yo any other service place. I not only get great and immediate service, but I feel that my vehicles are really safe. They always check for things that might need attention and I so trust their work and advice.

Ron S.
Chrysler PT Cruiser
10/26/2018 Category: Service
Ron said the mechanic did what he said he was going to do and he did it in the time frame he said he was going to do it.

Ty M.
Honda Element
10/25/2018 Category: Service
Ty said business does a great job and he appreciates their work.

AW
ANDREW W.
10/18/2018
Spot - on diagnosis and repair
Excellent service. No complaints. Keep up the good work .

SO
STEVE O.
Mazda CX-3
10/17/2018
Cost-effective, excellent service
Fast and honest service at a reasonable price. Preferred alternative to high-priced dealer service.

IA
ISAAC A.
Toyota Pickup
10/10/2018
Amazing service
Jon is always willing to get u in right away and service is fast and very friendly

HK
HEATH K.
09/24/2018
My ONLY Mechanic
John is fantastic. He takes the time to go through and show exactly what he's doing to my car and what he's found. He actually takes me under the hood and shows me what's up with my Honda. His prices are fair and I've found the shop honest. Which is worth its weight in gold.
Can't recommend Japanese Auto Repair enough.

ZL
Zach L.
09/24/2018 Category: Service
Zach said the service was great, the people were professional and friendly. He said he felt that the prices were a little steep.

JESSE B.
Honda Fit
09/23/2018
good pricing, no upsell, fast and friendly
Oil/filter change and 18K mile maintenance inspection for a 2015 Honda Fit. I had been scheduled with my longtime mechanic but was dismayed to learn an oil change was now part of a $120 package that included an extensive inspection and discounted labor for any needed maintenance -- This was overkill for a reliable 3 year old car, and also included services I didn't need because I do them myself (e.g. tire rotation, wiper change). So I needed a new mechanic I could trust, and Japanese Auto Repair came recommended. John got me in 2 days after calling, had a spot in the bay for me as soon as I pulled up, and the job was done in no time. Not only was the work only what I needed and cheaper than my old mechanic's new package, my final bill was even under quote. Only suggestion for improvement: detail on the invoice what inspections were done and the results, for more useful service records for the customer.