IA
ISAAC A.
Toyota Pickup
10/10/2018
Amazing service
Jon is always willing to get u in right away and service is fast and very friendly

HK
HEATH K.
09/24/2018
My ONLY Mechanic
John is fantastic. He takes the time to go through and show exactly what he's doing to my car and what he's found. He actually takes me under the hood and shows me what's up with my Honda. His prices are fair and I've found the shop honest. Which is worth its weight in gold.
Can't recommend Japanese Auto Repair enough.

ZL
Zach L.
09/24/2018 Category: Service
Zach said the service was great, the people were professional and friendly. He said he felt that the prices were a little steep.

JESSE B.
Honda Fit
09/23/2018
good pricing, no upsell, fast and friendly
Oil/filter change and 18K mile maintenance inspection for a 2015 Honda Fit. I had been scheduled with my longtime mechanic but was dismayed to learn an oil change was now part of a $120 package that included an extensive inspection and discounted labor for any needed maintenance -- This was overkill for a reliable 3 year old car, and also included services I didn't need because I do them myself (e.g. tire rotation, wiper change). So I needed a new mechanic I could trust, and Japanese Auto Repair came recommended. John got me in 2 days after calling, had a spot in the bay for me as soon as I pulled up, and the job was done in no time. Not only was the work only what I needed and cheaper than my old mechanic's new package, my final bill was even under quote. Only suggestion for improvement: detail on the invoice what inspections were done and the results, for more useful service records for the customer.

CARL B.
09/22/2018
Clear communication, timely service
I scheduled work on my Toyota Corolla for a specific day and time. I arrived on time, was served by John who had also scheduled me. My chief complaints were assessed within the time period given. A list of items that needed attention was organized from 'most urgent' down to 'optional'. I wanted to wait while service was performed because of another appointment that prevented doing all the repairs that day. I chose to have one of the safety issues items done on that visit plus a couple incidental items. My car was finished and ready to go in less than the estimated time. I will be scheduling the other services in the near future. On drawback I encountered was going to the location of the repair shop. There were a number of unexpected road situations on the route I chose which almost made me late. Also the roads in that area, SW 6th, are narrow with limited parking. I would suggest to potential customers to allow plenty of travel time to their appointment.

John K.
09/20/2018 Category: Service
John said the business was quite excellent. John is very personable, knowledgeable, honest, reliable, and trustworthy.

Mazda MX-5 Miata
09/14/2018
First time customer - good experience...
I visited Japanese Auto Repair for the first time today. All I needed was an oil change. I arrived pretty early because I was running errands in the neighborhood. They serviced my car very quickly and were very friendly. They also reminded me about some regular maintenance item that was just about due (timing belt replacement at 60K miles).

I was very pleased and will be back for my regular maintenance and repairs.

Thanks

Dorthy B.
Honda Civic Cpe
09/06/2018 Category: Service
Dorothy said she was very pleased with the service at this business.

JASON K.
Nissan Versa
09/04/2018
In and Out and Satisfied
I scheduled my oil change with John last week for an 11am oil change and had my car ready to go by 11:30am. He also gave me good economical advice on a fuse issue I had that was definitely more helpful to me than it was profitable for him. As always, it was great chatting with John and the guys and I'll count this experience as more reason to keep coming back for everything form oil changes, to used car buying inspections, to larger and costlier fixes. The only reason I wouldn't want to say such nice things about this place is that I don't want it to get too crowded/busy with more new customers.

Chris B.
08/31/2018 Category: Service
Chris said that he was happy with everything but he did not receive a phone call when his vehicle was completed.

SAM S.
08/29/2018
Always friendly and honest
I brought my car in for an oil change. I asked John to check the tires as Costco had said they were wearing unevenly and I needed new ones. He called back to say one rear shock was leaking, likely causing the strange tire wear pattern. He recommended replacing it and doing an alignment. He had also checked some tire prices for me. When I determined Costco’s tires were less expensive, he totally understood. He replaced the shock but recommended doing the alignment after getting new tires. Always a pleasure to work with John and his team!

John C.
08/28/2018 Category: Service
John said the employees provided honest service. The work was trustworthy.

GP
GREG P.
Portland, OR
Subaru Impreza Sedan (Natl)
08/27/2018
Japanese Auto is friendly and super friendly
John is like talking to your brother. He’s kind and honest and tells you what you need to hear and to make a good decision on repair. He also shares good things that your car is in good shape. His trust is why I pay $10 more for an oil change - because he deserves it and it’s worth having access to his knowledge. And of course, you can’t find a nicer guy!

Jeff F.
08/27/2018 Category: Service
Jeff said they have great service. They are communicative and highly knowledgeable, especially of his particular vehicle. He said he does have more repairs coming up to other vehicles and will return for those. His only complaint is the prices are a bit too high.

CZ
Celina Z.
Lexus ES 330
08/25/2018 Category: Service
Celina said the service was done pretty quickly.

SD
SCOTT D.
Acura Integra
08/16/2018
Always great service
Have been coming here for over 20 years. John (and previously Denny) have always kept my cars running great. They let me know their recommendations and then together we'r come up with a repair or maintenance plan. Friendly, great service.

MAURICE M.
Nissan Pickup
08/15/2018
Great service and helpful, friendly staff!!! Definitely recommended!
Brought my truck in at the last minute and the serviced it that same day with all the issues fixed.

RF
Robert F.
08/08/2018 Category: Service
Robert said he brought his vehicle in for general maintenance check. He was given back quite a number of items that needed to be done. While he agreed with the list, the cost was a little bit more than what he had expected.

Jaime B.
07/30/2018 Category: Service
Jamie said the business was kind, efficient and did not quote anything unreasonable.

DA
Dustin A.
Oregon
07/30/2018 Category: Service
Dustin said he and John have built a good relationship. He trusts John to do a good job and not charge too much.