Overall Rating 2.0/5Overall Rating 2.0/5rating 2.0rating 2.0rating 2.0

SCOTT M.
Wallingford, CT
MINI Cooper Coupe
02/17/2019
Very friendly and personable service representatives!!
Brought our 2012 Mini Cooper in for a coolant leak, diagnosis was a transmission coolant hose. The repair was done as quickly as possible as we were to return back to CT. We drove back to our home in North Myrtle to pack and discovered coolant leaking again. After another diagnosis a crack on the thermostat housing was found. Being two days before thanksgiving the repair would not be completed until following week, so had to put wife on plane to get back for work. We had asked for diagnostic codes and part numbers to be put on our invoice so we can submit them to our warranty company which we have not received. Little disappointing as we are moving south in 6 months with 3 mini coopers and need a garage. Still waiting!! Please give us a call to finish this transaction as we are looking forward to seeing you all again!

Rae S.
Volvo S60
02/14/2019 Category: Service
Rae said the business did a good job.

PC
Pam C.
Saab 9-5
02/06/2019 Category: Service
Pam said this business handled her older model foreign vehicle.

NH
NORMAN H.
Mercedes-Benz E350
02/05/2019
CAN I TRUST WHAT I WAS TOLD?
I had my car in for a routine oil change based on mileage as recommended by Ken Baker even though the car computer was not calling for one yet. I was called by the advisor and told that my brake fluid was dirty and should be flushed. I had a complete brake job during my last service less than 6 months ago. Upon questioning the advisor, I was told that I only had the rear brakes done last time. I explained that I had in fact paid for a full brake, rotors and all. The advisor then told me that she looked further and saw that I did have a complete brake job done and that she would check with the technician about the fluid. When I picked my car up, I was told that she was confused about which car the technician was talking about and that my brakes and fluid were fine. However, the whole transaction leaves me wondering if I should take my car somewhere else and have the brakes and fluid checked to make sure they were done properly during my previous visit. I have 2 Mercedes and have only had them serviced at Ken Baker and have never doubted the work I receive there until now..

Tim B.
Murrells Inlet, SC
02/02/2019 Category: Service
Tim said the staff did a great job.

Murrells Inlet, SC
Volkswagen New Beetle Coupe
01/31/2019
Great service, fast, knowledgeable, experienced techs.
This is the only place I would bring my vw beetle to be serviced. The techs are fast, knowledgeable and very experience with International cars. Prices are reasonable...

SP
STEVE P.
01/30/2019
Maintenance Done right
They notify me via email when I'm due for service,. I schedule the appointment. They get me in and get me out. Always pleasant and courteous. They even told me to hold off on new brakes for another 10-15,000 miles. I've always found KBO to be honest and trustworthy which is why I only trust me car with them.

Steve P

KC
KATHY C.
Conway, SC
Jaguar S-TYPE
01/27/2019
Kat’s Kitty...aka Jaguar
Great people and great service. I’m very picky about who services my car and I am very excited to know that this can be done with confidence just a few miles from my home.

KATHLEEN M.
Jaguar S-TYPE
01/26/2019
Great Automotive and Customer Service
I had my car towed to Ken Bakers after it was disabled in front of Grand Strand Hospital. They were helpful from the moment the service advisor (Rebecca) accepted the car, throughout the diagnosis of the problem, ordering of parts and completion of repairs. Rebecca was also instrumental in helping me obtain a subsequent part for my car and accomodated me with installation of the part when it came in. I want to add that during this repair ordeal I was hospitalized due to back surgery and subsequently couldn't walk very well w/o a walker and Rebecca helped by coming out to me in my car to conduct business. That was service above and beyond what I would've gotten through a dealer repair shop. My car is a 2003 Jaguar so it wasn't easy to obtain parts readily, but they found them. I will continue to use Ken Baker for my interim maintenance needs.

TH
TOM H.
North Myrtle Beach, SC
MINI Cooper Coupe
01/19/2019
I feel like got honest feedback about my vehicle. Had appt, started on time, told it would take 2 hours. Finished on time. Great job. Trusted staff

ANNA S.
Volvo XC60
01/19/2019
Very friendly! Honest.
It’s only my third time with the shop and I’ve been very impressed. They’ve been honest about pricing and help me know where I can save money and where I cannot! Makes me wish all my cars were European.

MA
Melissa A.
Volvo S80
01/18/2019 Category: Service
Melissa said they were helpful, gave her information, explained everything to her, and got the job done.

JOESEPH L.
Porsche Macan
01/15/2019
Great service and communication
Had an excellent experience servicing my Porsche here, even better than at the dealer. Would recommend to anyone.

NB
NANCY B.
Saab 9-3
01/10/2019
Customer service
I would recommend this place to everyone! If you need anything repaired on your vehicle, this is the place to come to!.Rebecca was fantastic!

Kathy S.
Mercedes-Benz C-Class
01/10/2019 Category: Service
Kathy said the she had her vehicle towed into the business. She described what issue she was having with her vehicle, they told her what was probably wrong with it. After they ran a diagnostic on her vehicle they gave her a $1,600 quote to fix her vehicle. A week later a girl at the facility called her back and told her that they forgot additional parts bringing the new total up to $2,500.00 after parts and labor. It took them a month to finish her vehicle. Her vehicle is working fine now, but it was unacceptable to be that off on the quote and forget parts, as well as the length in time it took to service her vehicle. She would not go back to the business, or recommend them.

Demetriu S.
South Carolina
Mercedes-Benz S430
01/09/2019 Category: Service
Demetriu said the business did a good job.

CL
Charlie L.
Mercedes-Benz C-Class
12/28/2018
Received great service. Very courteous and completed on time.

ALLISON M.
BMW Z3
12/24/2018
Broken promises and shitty customer service
Lies and broken promises.
Shit customer service with no apologies.
Attitude from the bitch at the counter.
I will NEVER set foot in that place again, or take our cars there.
1 star because it would not allow zero, or a negative.

Take me off the mailing list of this terrible business
Cal B. from Ken Baker Originals responded on 12/24/2018

Hey Alison what in the world happened? Please let me know so i can fix it

Kenneth C Baker jr

12/20/2018
Quality Repairs for a reasonable amount
Excellent place to take your car compared to the dealer. Quality workmanship! The only thing they could do better would be to clean the inside of the car after the technician works on it.

DAVE R.