Ken's Muffler and Brakes

Overall Rating 3.08/5Overall Rating 3.08/5Overall Rating 3.08/5rating 3.08rating 3.08

Latest Review about 2 months ago

CR
Clarence R.
Red Feather Lakes, CO
10/15/2018
Quick and Fair
They replaced my fuel pump in a timely manner and at a fair price. Yes, I would recommend Ken's for automotive repairs.

Brandon S.
07/13/2018
QUICK AND GREAT SERVICE
All the reviews giving this business a bad review are ridiculous. I just came in yesterday, they went above and beyond to help me wih my exhaust piping, they proceeded to call around for what I need, then they get the job done fast and efficiently. Kendall and Ben were fantastic with customer service and they didn’t push anything pricey on me, will definitely be back!!!

DO
Duncan O.
12/20/2017
Avoid This Place...
Since Ken's Muffler was recommended to me by a trusted friend several years ago, I reached this assessment slowly-- I gave KM the benefit of the doubt more times than I should have, and my patience is at an end.

We have three older vehicles, all over 200k miles, that have been "repaired" by KM several times; maybe three out of over ten attempts were successful. Their best offer when they failed was to keep charging me as they made more attempts to find and fix the problem; their philosophy seems to be to replace parts until something works. It's profitable for them, but very expensive for the customer. This last experience, where they ran up a thousand-dollar bill for replacing many things unrelated to what I brought the vehicle in for, ruined my hopes of buying anything other than small Christmas gifts for my family. I never got a vehicle out of there for less than $600.00.

Yesterday, I discovered that my next door neighbor has had even worse experiences with KM than I have. Both of us had brake jobs on Ford trucks done there that failed completely in less than 15k miles. (I thought it was "just one of those things..." until we compared notes.) Luckily, our brake failures didn't result in crashes or deaths...

The owner is a likable guy, but woefully ignorant about cars and without integrity: In the end, he refused to talk to me, both in person and on the phone, making his office boy run messages back and forth both times. Avoid Ken's Muffler. It is mired in greed, ignorance and incompetence.

WF
Wendy F.
Livermore, CO
12/19/2017
Fix everything but what needs to be fixed...and charge you the moon.
I could go on forever. But I will start with us and our neighbors getting break jobs there and having them both fail @ 15,000 miles. Today we went to get our old truck back and nothing was fixed, that we took it in for. Almost a $900 bill. This is the third time this happened. We watched as they tried to fix our car in the parking lot so we could drive it home. Pathetic. My husband asked them how much it would cost to order a rebuilt carburetor and when they came out they quoted him 3 times the price he already knew he could get in on Amazon for. Such a scam. Avoid this place. They should have stuck with mufflers.

VM
Veronica M.
Pierce, CO
12/12/2017
Very Knowledgeable
I really appreciate that every thing that I didn't understand was thoroughly explained and all my questions answered. Friendly, and they even set me up with an account that allows me to make payments towards my repair work. After repairs my car runs like a dream.

GM
Gregory M.
09/02/2017
Rip Off
A couple of months back I took my cousins F- 150 to Kens mufflers. They Did not find out what the mechanical problem was even though they have all types of fancy equipment. They Did not do anything to the truck but they sure as heck charged us 500 dollars. Terrible place... Y'all should go to Martin's Mechanis on N. Lynx lane he's a GREAT mechanic that resolved my truck issue without all them computers. Kenns muffler is a Joke

mary M.
07/19/2017
UNETHICAL BUSINESS
I have never been so disappointed in a business! I am 65 years old and trusted the care of our family car to many professional mechanics in my lifetime. ABSOLUTELY DO NOT trust that your diagnostic, your repair, the price quoted and the satisfaction of knowing you have received a safe and reliable repaired vehicle will take place!!!! Ours is a personal horror story that I am going to explain in detail. I will also include my phone so that you can feel safe and call us to receive an honest and responsible detailed account of everything. Wanting to post this immediately so that it begins reaching all. Please share this...details to follow, I promise!!!! 309 230 2464. Had to give a star to submit this...but no star would be the truth!

Dayton G.
05/02/2017
Excellent customer service
The staff that Kens muffler has always done a thorough job in a timely manner on my vehicles it is a pleasure to always know the cost of the repairs on my vehicles before the work is done this is a very professional way to run a business keep up the good work guys to all the staff at Kens Muffler I and the rest of Fort Collins appreciate the excellent service you provide for our community

NN
N/A N.
09/28/2016
Hit and miss
I find them to be knowledgeable when fixing my car. However, I notice they charge a lot in labor, because they replaced some hoses for me, and I find the same hoses at a third of the price at the part store. I suggest making sure you bring the parts that needs to be fixed into them before they fix it.

MK
Marc K.
09/16/2015
Poor customer respect
Took my Jeep in for a new water pump at 8 am. They quoted me a very general time "the afternoon" it should be done. I called shortly after 5 thinking they must be done by now but no answer. They didn't even call me to let me know the vehicle would not be done that day before they closed. I had to pick up my son from daycare and walk with a car seat 4 miles home. With all that, the prices seemed high. A water pump online from a reputable supplier was only $65 with free shipping. And their price was $140 for the part and labor the total was quoted at $405.
This review is done prior to pick up, they can fix the problem by offering a discount and this review will be changed to reflect how they treat their customers.

CA
CHRIS A.
CO
10/03/2011
Repair review
Absolutely the best muffler shop in the world - period. Every visit very pleasant and economical since early 1976. We will be back. Next visit maybe 1966 Lincoln Continental.
Don & Chris

KY
KEN Y.
09/06/2011
Regular maintanence
As usual, Ken's did an excellent job. It took less time than they estimated and everything was right in line with what I expected.